Shoutbox

Blank chat logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Blank chat logs (/showthread.php?tid=88945)

Blank chat logs by Nems on 02-03-2009 at 11:09 PM

Hi!

I'm using WLM 8.5 and Plus 4.80, and I'm having a weird problem:
I open a chat log, but only first 5000 lines are displayed, than there's white until the end of the file.
On the left of the log window there's the date/time index and it is complete, but it works only for first days.

But the file isn't blank, if I open it with a web browser or a text editor I can read it until the end.

I started having this a few days ago, with the 4.70, I updated it to the 4.80 but nothing changed.

And this happens with all long conversations (even with files of months ago that worked...)

RE: Blank chat logs by Moh on 02-03-2009 at 11:14 PM

Do you use any other add-ons like MessengerDiscovery?

RE: Blank chat logs by Nems on 02-04-2009 at 08:39 AM

I'm using StuffPlug and aPatch, but my messenger has always been patched that way, and this problem is a really new thing.

RE: Blank chat logs by Nems on 02-10-2009 at 08:16 PM

I've tried also reparing msgplus, and then uninstalling and re-installing it, but make no difference.
I still have almost the whole conversation blank in the chat log viewer, even if the words are there...

This is one of the things I did, but it didn't work.

This happens with long conversations, files that have more than 20000 lines: after 5000~7000 lines, the log viewer show them blank.
But this didn't happen since a few weeks ago.
And the same file on my computer is cut, on the computer of someone else is viewed in its entirely.
RE: Blank chat logs by Mnjul on 02-12-2009 at 09:39 AM

This issue had been brought up in the Beta Testing forum but Patchou hasn't make a comment as of yet. I'll bring it up internally again.

RE: Blank chat logs by Nems on 02-12-2009 at 10:03 AM

Thank you very much Mnjul.

I can add that I tried uninstalling everything (WL Messenger, MsgPlus) and reinstalling everything, but nothing changed.

RE: Blank chat logs by Patchou on 02-12-2009 at 06:17 PM

Can you email me (mplus-support@patchou.com) the chat log that has this issue? Thanks.

Also, are you using IE8?

RE: Blank chat logs by Nems on 02-12-2009 at 06:29 PM

I'm on my way emailing.
Yes, I'm using Internet Explorer 8, RC1. And I've updated it from the beta a few weeks ago...

I unistalled IE 8 RC1, and now I have the v7 and the log is working again.
I supposed is something related to the RC1, because with the ie8 beta (beta 1 or beta 2, I don't remember) everything worked.

Is it still necessary to send you the conversation? Just because are a very "personal":$
But if you need it, i'll send it to you.
RE: Blank chat logs by limeares on 02-13-2009 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Also, are you using IE8?

Oh thanks! I was just to update IE. Hope a fix is included in final version :)

RE: Blank chat logs by mess_37 on 02-19-2009 at 04:53 AM

Was there a solution to this problem? I have the same issue.

RE: Blank chat logs by Nems on 02-19-2009 at 07:09 AM

I solved removing Internet Explorer 8 RC1 and installing Internet Explorer 7.
Installing a beta of IE8 should work too.

RE: Blank chat logs by mess_37 on 02-19-2009 at 09:37 PM

I only have Internet Explorer 7 installed, never installed IE8, is there anything else I should do? still seeing a blank/empty chat log.