Shoutbox

PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. (/showthread.php?tid=88978)

PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. by albert on 02-05-2009 at 09:58 PM

I'm taking a week-end off and am going to ottawa, I was wondering if you guys knew any cool bars to hang out at.

I was also thinking of a little plus meet but I probably will only be there for one night.. if I am able to get my sunday off, then maybe it could be a nice thing.

What do you guys think?

UPDATE

hey I just noticed that I had inventory at work this Sunday.
What it means is that if I do take the trip this weekend, it'll be only for Saturday night, I'd have to be back on Sunday.

What I'm thinking is to actually try and postpone it to next week, and to take off Sunday, so I could have Saturday evening and Sunday, so we could definitely have a little meet.

As far as paint ball and go kart are concerned, I'm into it at 100%!
I haven't gotten the chance to do any of these activities yet, so I'm down.

What do you guys say about a meet the 15th of February? Everyone will have time to clear their schedule.

On the menu :
- Paintball
- Go kart

RE: Ottawa People - Read. by Lou on 02-05-2009 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
I'm taking a week-end off and am going to ottawa, I was wondering if you guys knew any cool bars to hang out at.

I was also thinking of a little plus meet but I probably will only be there for one night.. if I am able to get my sunday off, then maybe it could be a nice thing.

What do you guys think?
Might be up for a Plus! meet, as for bars, I'd say Orange Monkey, but I'm afraid you'll have a hard time finding it. It's more of a pool hall anyway :P.
RE: Ottawa People - Read. by prashker on 02-05-2009 at 10:02 PM

You have my cell, let me know if you do anything, I'd love to join...unless you are planning to go somewhere 18+ intentionally!

As for bars, like before I'm not sure, Monkey Joes is nice, it's not a full blown bar, but like....atleast I can get a non alcolohized Strawberry Dacari!

ps: dotlou you should come!11

RE: Ottawa People - Read. by albert on 02-06-2009 at 12:36 AM

Okay well the way it looks now is that I'm trying to really get sunday off. If I am able to do that, I'll go the Hull (apparently that's where all the cool bars are) on saturday night, spend the day in ottawa sunday, and go out to Hull again on sunday night.

lou and sammy, you guys got any ideas what to do as a plus meet?!

RE: Ottawa People - Read. by Lou on 02-06-2009 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Okay well the way it looks now is that I'm trying to really get sunday off. If I am able to do that, I'll go the Hull (apparently that's where all the cool bars are) on saturday night, spend the day in ottawa sunday, and go out to Hull again on sunday night.

No clue, but hull is closer to me than ottawa too :P. Not sure I'd make it for a meeting though, with work and all that.
RE: Ottawa People - Read. by prashker on 02-06-2009 at 12:44 AM

quote:
i would say paintball (would give me an excuse to finally use my C02 Tank and my 1000 Paintballs + my gun)

However if paintball is not fun for old people, I don't know. I'm not sure.
RE: Ottawa People - Read. by Lou on 02-06-2009 at 01:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
i would say paintball (would give me an excuse to finally use my C02 Tank and my 1000 Paintballs + my gun)

I'd love to try paintball, I've never tried before. That would actually be awesome !
RE: Ottawa People - Read. by Voldemort on 02-06-2009 at 02:16 AM

paintball is fun for nice old people (if by old you mean 18/19)

RE: Ottawa People - Read. by prashker on 02-06-2009 at 02:29 AM

well albert is in that age, so.......is it a possibility?

RE: Ottawa People - Read. by wacky on 02-06-2009 at 04:25 AM

hmm.. there was this area in Ottawa that was really awesome. There were a bunch of bars/restaurants and one of them had like a pitcher that had ice in the middle and a tap at the bottom and you could see through it. It was great. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to tell you to get there cuz I have no idea what the name of the streets were and I normally only remember how to get there once I'm actually there :sad: I'm too broke to go on an adventurous 1h30 road trip to meet a stranger and tell him how to get there :P

quote:
I'll go the Hull (apparently that's where all the cool bars are)

that's cuz it's in Quebec
:angel:
RE: RE: Ottawa People - Read. by prashker on 02-06-2009 at 04:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

I'd love to try paintball, I've never tried before. That would actually be awesome !

The two places I know is PSI and TagZone...haven't been to either though. They do need reservations though...

http://www.paintstorm.ca/OUTDOOR_Pricing.html
Platinum Package
$40.00/Per Person
Full Equipment
|Up To 6 Hours Field Time
500 Paintballs

http://www.tagzone.ca/english/rates.htm
Regular Price
2 hours of game open to the public on reservation
No minimum of players required
--RUBBER BALLS--
Rates include taxes, unlimited balls and all equipment gear PER PLAYER.
$37

I'd suggest Tagzone as I have had a friend go there and he said it was uber epic.

HOWEVER, it is Rubber Balls, as opposed to PSI...which is 500 real balls

Paintball in Ottawa (Google Local)

There are more on that list, I'm sure if you guys want to go paintballing there is something we could agree on. (unlike those london losers who only want to walk (a)(l))

Also, albert has not commented yet but yeah, if it's not something he wants to do, there is always alternatives...it's just a suggestion :)

quote:
I'll go the Hull (apparently that's where all the cool bars are)
TOP KARTING!!!!!!!!!

[Image: nav_menu.jpg]

EPIC FUN, Been there a few times, I was only recently old enough to actually drive (recently = last time I visited)

I'd have to get a ride though, maybe (a)?
RE: Ottawa People - Read. by albert on 02-06-2009 at 05:28 AM

hey I just noticed that I had inventory at work this Sunday.
What it means is that if I do take the trip this weekend, it'll be only for Saturday night, I'd have to be back on Sunday.

What I'm thinking is to actually try and postpone it to next week, and to take off Sunday, so I could have Saturday evening and Sunday, so we could definitely have a little meet.

I haven't gotten the chance to do any of these activities yet, so I'm down. :)

What do you guys say about a meet the 15th of February? Everyone will have time to clear their schedule. :)

RE: Ottawa People - Read. by wacky on 02-06-2009 at 06:13 AM

quote:
Lebanon must be boring :chrongue:
RE: Ottawa People - Read. by prashker on 02-06-2009 at 12:41 PM

quote:
What do you guys say about a meet the 15th of February? Everyone will have time to clear their schedule.
Pretty sure I have nothing planned, I'll be there! (wherever we go, haha :))
RE: Ottawa People - Read. by albert on 02-06-2009 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wacky
quote:
Lebanon must be boring :chrongue:

I live in Quebec, smartmouth. :P
Are you coming wacky?
RE: PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. by wacky on 02-06-2009 at 04:51 PM

there's the best outdoors paintball place about 30 mins from Laval I think. It's huuuuuuge and you haven't been? :O

and no. I can't afford gas or any expenses

RE: PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. by albert on 02-06-2009 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wacky
there's the best outdoors paintball place about 30 mins from Laval I think. It's huuuuuuge and you haven't been?

Yeah no, work kept getting in the way.
Sucks you not coming. :(

RE: PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. by Lou on 02-07-2009 at 03:42 AM

Top karting might be cool. I'll know tomorrow if I can go or not, I'll get my work schedule.

RE: PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. by prashker on 02-07-2009 at 05:04 AM

Public Transportation (OC Transpo) is coming back to life this weekend. So I'll be able to take the bus hopefully to where I need to go :p

RE: PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. by Lou on 02-07-2009 at 08:30 PM

k I got my work schedule, and I don't think I'll be able to do anything unless it's like saturday morning, so um, you might be without me. Sorry.

RE: PLUS MEET - Ottawa People - Read. by prashker on 02-09-2009 at 09:04 PM

:(.

Anyways, All O-Train and bus service will be free until February 15.

Anything happening albert, I'm pretty sure this'll end up just us 2 or something, damn dotLou :(