Shoutbox

Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus (/showthread.php?tid=88979)

Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-05-2009 at 11:02 PM

First off
did not know where to put this post
so forgive me if this wrong place
I would like your help to create another program for messenger

why not combine MD and Messenger Plus?
leave your comments

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by toddy on 02-05-2009 at 11:06 PM

no, no & no

next

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-05-2009 at 11:09 PM

-_-
ok
please
only those who want to join meet
not as stupid
up here

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by Quantum on 02-05-2009 at 11:19 PM

It won't happen.

You can't add to different programs together. There made by 2 different company's that are no related.

It's like sayen.

Why don't add apple and MS together?

next

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by Thor on 02-05-2009 at 11:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mauricioandres288
-_-
ok
please
only those who want to join meet
not as stupid
up here
Let's put it this way;

if you have a popular box with loads of nice features that everyone use, why combine it with a lesser robust and less stable box that might die and cause everyone to get a bad box that wouldn't work?

..?
RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-05-2009 at 11:25 PM

ok ok
just think
if the two come together
could create a plug-in that is less cumbersome
and more useful
many users
use
MD and messenger plus
at once
Think only
1: Could be a program used by each user with Windows
2: weigh less than two separate

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by toddy on 02-05-2009 at 11:30 PM

ok ok
just think
you keep them separate
end of story

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by Thor on 02-05-2009 at 11:30 PM

quote:
ok ok
just think
if the two come together
could create a plug-in that is less cumbersome
and more useful
many users
use
MD and messenger plus
at once
Think only
1: Could be a program used by each user with Windows
2: weigh less than two separate
1. No.
2. MP!L has the scripting possibilities making it a plausibly modular application. If everything was removed from MP!L and instead converted into scripts and respective DLLs, there would be only a need to have the files for that specific feature. Another story though.

3. It's just not going to happen. The two developers have two different products that they both want to shine.

Pardon, but you're asking for the impossible.
RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-05-2009 at 11:37 PM

-------_____________-------------
I do not offend
but
I want to answer me
Plus is the leader
not the beta testers
if it is not much to ask
please contact the creator of Plus
and tell him
not offend

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by toddy on 02-05-2009 at 11:39 PM

come back when you make sense

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-05-2009 at 11:43 PM

for toddy
Why are you in the messenger plus comunity?
If you are Just for this
please
Shut up!
ok?
thanks

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by Thor on 02-05-2009 at 11:44 PM

quote:
-------_____________-------------
I do not offend
but
I want to answer me
Plus is the leader
not the beta testers
if it is not much to ask
please contact the creator of Plus
and tell him
not offend
Don't hold your breath, Patchou is AFAIK a busy man. Though, if he spots the topic I'm sure he'll tell you what he thinks.

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-05-2009 at 11:46 PM

thanks
just
I just want to know your opinion

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by toddy on 02-05-2009 at 11:52 PM

see my last post again

sidenote:
did u really expect that your great idea would take off, don't you think that if it was a good option for both programs that the developers would have already thought about it, possibly got together and talked.
do you not realise that with nearly all good idea/software/business/etc there is always people who try copy/compete.
do you not realise (as someone has already pointed out) most people want to be the best, which means having total control of your project. not a 50/50 share

want me to go on?

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-05-2009 at 11:56 PM

toddy
are you the creator?
are you a user of MD
Well, if you are
know
Both programs are very good
I know that each person seeks his way
but
because they do not test
might end up winning both

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by toddy on 02-05-2009 at 11:59 PM

guess that's a yes to continue with the list ?

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-06-2009 at 12:09 AM

I know some of the skills are not working properly MD
but that is why the creator of MD working on version 2.0
I just want
to set aside
the fact that they are two different programs
and tell me that they seem
would be better than MD and separated Plus?

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by Thor on 02-06-2009 at 12:13 AM

quote:
I know some of the skills are not working properly MD
but that is why the creator of MD working on version 2.0
I just want
to set aside
the fact that they are two different programs
and tell me that they seem
would be better than MD and separated Plus?
I don't see how. MP! is something that is the result of years of work, testing and a community evolving around that.

The scripting possibilities in MP!L is so powerful that in theory everything MD does is possible to do with a script (that contains more than just .js files).
RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-06-2009 at 12:19 AM

for that reason it would be best to unite
to enhance each other
MD may not contribute much to MP
but as a user of both
I think they should do the test
MD is a program like MP has evolved
whether that
I leave it in the hands of the creators

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by robert_dll on 02-06-2009 at 01:17 AM

Different apps, different code, different base...there are scripts in MP!L(already told)...there's no need to do that.

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by CookieRevised on 02-06-2009 at 02:59 AM

• There are things in MD which will never be in Messenger Plus! because of several (legality and stability) reasons.

So if there is going to be a merged product than all those things wont be in the final product (and its probaly those exact things which Patchou wont implement in Plus! which you use the most in MD).

Even so, in the end you would simply get a half baked merge of half products, instead of 2 decent products.

• Plus! is very stable, MD is less stable.

• You said yourself that if people wanted something which is in MD and wanted something which is in Messenger Plus!, that they need to install both. So, yes, you can run them side by side if you like. Why should they merge in that case?

• Some Messenger Plus! users do not like MD at all and don't want anything todo with it, nor any trace of it on their computer. And most likely this is the same for some MD users.

All those people have the right to stay with 'their' favorite product without that product being 'poluted' with the other and/or without the loss of its features and its uniqueness.

• If you would argue that there could be a seperate version and a merged version then you're wrong. Neither developer would have the time to make two products, in a decent way.

• Each product has its own pros and cons, its own userbase, and its own supporters. There is no reaon why they should merge, since they can coexist.

• It is not a win-win scenario where the user could benefit from both. On the contrary, it is very probably a loose-loose situation since a merge would require many cutbacks on both sides.
To give you an example of what has happened long time ago: Once there was a very big plugin for Messenger Plus!, called StuffPlug. It needed Messenger Plus! to work. After a while TheBlasphemer (creater of StuffPlug) made his plugin independable from Messenger Plus!. Since then StuffPlug became more powerfull as it didn't depend anymore on the Plus! engine. It was also easier for TheBlasphemer to do the stuff he wanted.

Note that all this does not mean that creators of different products can't collaborate. As a matter of fact, they do talk to eachother and they do help eachother out once in a while (they fight sometimes too :p).

But merging such things together is not a good idea.
Each should walk the road they choose without restricting the other.

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
come back when you make sense
Seriously uncalled for. Obviously he doesn't know English that well.

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by Patchou on 02-06-2009 at 03:10 PM

Sorry but any cooperation with the creator of Messenger Discovery stopped the day I read him say that that I'm wrong, greedy, and infecting unsuspecting people with malware.

I have to admit though, as far as back stabbing is concerned, he's the best.

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by coolzee on 02-06-2009 at 03:26 PM

Like what most people are saying, there two different software, style and codes.

Every creator has there own way of doing it.

Plus! and MD has been out on the net for so long...don't you think this been mention before...

Mine as well add Stuffplug to it..lol

Anyways, IT WON'T HAPPEN.

coolzee. (MD Public Relations, MD Staff) :P

RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by Rolando on 02-06-2009 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Sorry but any cooperation with the creator of Messenger Discovery stopped the day I read him say that that I'm wrong, greedy, and infecting unsuspecting people with malware.

whoa....

Messenger Discovery sucks anyhow.
RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by robert_dll on 02-06-2009 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
(y)

RE: RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by djdannyp on 02-06-2009 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

whoa....

He's got a point, it was a pretty backstabbing thing to say.......wasn't even any truth in it
RE: Messenger Discovey & Messenger Plus by mauricioandres288 on 02-06-2009 at 08:28 PM

and understood
good
  and received the reply from the creator
can now close this post