Shoutbox

Hotmail signing in problem :/ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Hotmail signing in problem :/ (/showthread.php?tid=89021)

Hotmail signing in problem :/ by smiley.:) on 02-07-2009 at 08:13 PM

I've recently downloaded the latest version of msn messenger, but the problem is that whenever I click the email, I have to type in my password again to get into my email account. Before it would access my email automatically when signed into msn. I don't know how to fix this, please can someone help me? I tried uninstalling msn and installing it again but it doesn't work :(

RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by Moh on 02-07-2009 at 08:23 PM

Go to www.hotmail.com and click on Sign in with a different ID, enter your e-mail and password then make sure Remember me on this computer and Remember my password are ticked.

RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by crimson on 02-08-2009 at 02:05 AM

That won't work. The solution is to use Internet Explorer. Mozilla Firefox doesn't actually remember the password :(

EDIT: ...and i think that problem showed up in WLM 2009 (newest) version :(

I guess they hate other browsers and want people to use Internet Explorer... :(

But IE always sucked someway for me, i can't explain...

RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by toddy on 02-08-2009 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by crimson
Mozilla Firefox doesn't actually remember the password
yes it does

try clearing your cookies and starting again
RE: RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by Moh on 02-08-2009 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by crimson
That won't work. The solution is to use Internet Explorer. Mozilla Firefox doesn't actually remember the password :(

EDIT: ...and i think that problem showed up in WLM 2009 (newest) version :(

I guess they hate other browsers and want people to use Internet Explorer... :(

But IE always sucked someway for me, i can't explain...
If you are that bothered, you can give Windows Live Mail a try.
RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by crimson on 02-08-2009 at 12:50 PM

Thanks, not a bad idea...

RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by smiley.:) on 02-09-2009 at 05:13 PM

Helloo :), Thanks for all the help, but I unistalled msn messenger and plus and installed it over again and it now works!

RE: RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by Vilkku on 02-09-2009 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by smiley.:)
Helloo :), Thanks for all the help, but I unistalled msn messenger and plus and installed it over again and it now works!
Glad to know you got it working. My suggestion would have been to, in options under the security tab, check if the option about always asking for password when going to Hotmail or other Windows Live ID sites was checked :)
RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by smiley.:) on 02-09-2009 at 06:56 PM

oh no sorry. I just went into email via msn but it said I have to sign in again :S! Im so confused as to why it keeps making me sign in again!
Help pleasee... again! I'm grateful for all your advice

RE: RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by Vilkku on 02-09-2009 at 07:02 PM

quote:
oh no sorry. I just went into email via msn but it said I have to sign in again :S! Im so confused as to why it keeps making me sign in again!
Help pleasee... again! I'm grateful for all your advice
Did you check the option I suggested?
quote:
in options under the security tab, check if the option about always asking for password when going to Hotmail or other Windows Live ID sites was checked
(if it is checked, uncheck it)
RE: RE: RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by smiley.:) on 02-09-2009 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
Glad to know you got it working. My suggestion would have been to, in options under the security tab, check if the option about always asking for password when going to Hotmail or other Windows Live ID sites was checked :)

Hey, I checked and it saves them, but I don't know why it won't go onto email viamsn beucase before I upgraded it would go onto email automatically without asking for password. I'm so confused becuase its annoying to keep typing in the password becuase I don't like the format of the messengers email service, I LOVE hotmail!!! :(
RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by smiley.:) on 02-09-2009 at 07:05 PM

Maybe it could be the fact tht I am on mozilla firefox. Anyone know how to revert it back to internet explorer?

RE: RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by Moh on 02-09-2009 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Maybe it could be the fact tht I am on mozilla firefox. Anyone know how to revert it back to internet explorer?
If you already have IE installed, just uninstall Mozilla Firefox and that'll do the job.
RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by smiley.:) on 02-09-2009 at 09:05 PM

I got it to sign i automatically but to do that I had to make IE my default browser :(, I like firefox as that, but am still using mozilla and only usin IE for emails. Anyone know what default browser means?! :P

RE: RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by Moh on 02-09-2009 at 09:11 PM

quote:
I got it to sign i automatically but to do that I had to make IE my default browser :(, I like firefox as that, but am still using mozilla and only usin IE for emails. Anyone know what default browser means?! :P
You dont have to make IE your default browser, just launch it when you want to check your hotmail and let FireFox be the default browser.
RE: Hotmail signing in problem :/ by zlatan on 04-16-2009 at 11:42 PM

I have very similar problem,WLMplus simply won´t remember my pass and username,when I restart PC or shut them off and next time run WLM:8.1 with messenger plus!live add on (4.80.0.356) I need to enter password and username again and again to turn on remember me an remember my password !

This started to happen after updating WLM from 8.1 to 2009 version (14.0.8024), but still remains after reinstalling 8.1. version.

Probably this is related with spyware but I would like to hear some opinions form other users,although It would be ideal to hear some expert opinion especially if it will be from MSN support.(H)

Looking forward to your replies,especially to your help

P.S.

Option Allow automatic sign in when connected to internet  turned on, Option This is shared computer... is turned of;)