Shoutbox

Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=89058)

Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by Clowner13 on 02-09-2009 at 05:16 AM

I can't get into my Prefernces & Options window! Please help! The password I managed for this feature is not working. This is for Msn Plus!

RE: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by Th3rmal on 02-09-2009 at 05:26 AM

It is possible to remove this password. Just look at CookieRevised's post.

CookieRevised's reply to Preferences Password

RE: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by Clowner13 on 02-09-2009 at 05:34 AM

I got all the way to the Messenger Plus! Live part, but i cannot do anything with the <your_account> part.

RE: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by Clowner13 on 02-09-2009 at 05:43 AM

Yes! nvm! it worked! thank you so much! ohmygod. Thankyou.

RE: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by Th3rmal on 02-09-2009 at 05:44 AM

<your_account> should be substituted with your email. So if your email is abc@123.com the registry would be located at:
HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\abc@123.com\Preferences\PreferencesLockPwd

RE: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by gemziie on 02-14-2009 at 05:11 PM

What do i put in the <your_account> bit because it doesnt seem to work and i think im putting the wrong bit in lol.

RE: RE: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by Moh on 02-14-2009 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gemziie
What do i put in the <your_account> bit because it doesnt seem to work and i think im putting the wrong bit in lol.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
For Messenger Plus! Live

Open your registry editor (Start > Run > Regedit) and delete
HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<your_account>\Preferences\PreferencesLockPwd
or clear its binary value, this will disable the protection...

After that, you can access the preferences again, even without restarting MSN Messenger or Messenger Plus!.

RE: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by Th3rmal on 02-14-2009 at 11:35 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
<your_account> should be substituted with your email. So if your email is abc@123.com the registry would be located at:
HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\abc@123.com\Preferences\PreferencesLockPwd

RE: RE: Preferences & Options password lost! Msn Plus! by Vilkku on 02-15-2009 at 09:04 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

You aren't supposed to put it anywhere, please read CookieRevised's post again. What you do is that you open your registry editor by pressing the start button and then type in 'regedit' in the search field (if you are running Vista, in XP, in the start menu press run and then type in 'regedit'), then just click it to open it (it should automatically appear once you're done typing). Now, using the left-hand treebar, navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\abc@123.com\Preferences\PreferencesLockPwd
As Th3rmal said, abc@123.com should be substituted by your e-mail, there will be a folder with the correct e-mail in the registry.

Please remember that messing around with the wrong things in the registry can cause problems with your computer, but if you just follow what we have told you, nothing bad will happen. Good luck!