Shoutbox

Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus (/showthread.php?tid=89108)

Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Bl1nk on 02-11-2009 at 08:11 PM

Just got the new msn a couple days ago, and for some reason i can't seem to be able to sign in! D:

Error code: 80040154

I've already tried re-installing it, re-installing something to do with mxsmb 3 or what ever... ^o)
still doesn't want to sign in :(

When i try to go to tech support, it can't seem to find the server at g.msn.com.

Also, in the msn connection status, it says that i am connected to the network, but can't connect to .NET Messenger Service.

Help?

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by zh_jk on 02-11-2009 at 11:04 PM

I also have the similar problem. Previously, I had no problems with windows live messenger 7.5. I installed WLM09 two weeks ago and it ran properly for a first few times. After that, I can no longer sign in despite having re-installed attempts.

It shows no error code. I used other emails but didn't work. I can talk msn by ebuddy.com or web messenger with the same email account. Could anyone help me please? I'm using windows XP.

thanks in advance. please feel free to ask for clarification if u don't understand. English is not my first language.

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-11-2009 at 11:36 PM

hey im having the same problem ever since windows live messenger 9 came out (not beta) i installed it and it was running smoothly but recently i could not sign into it but once it worked and now im back to square 1 again it happened when i installed the new messenger plus which was just released recently but i think it is windows live messenger 9 as the last time it happened was before messenger plus.
can someone help me find a solution please

ps i knw the basics so dont need to ask me to forward it through my router or allow it through my firewall as im well aware of all these factos cheers :D

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Moh on 02-11-2009 at 11:41 PM

This may help.

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-11-2009 at 11:43 PM

the error msg im receiving is 81000306

RE: RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Moh on 02-11-2009 at 11:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A5J4DX
the error msg im receiving is 81000306
Hope that helps.
RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-12-2009 at 12:03 AM

thnx 4 the links mate but they dont work :(

RE: RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Moh on 02-12-2009 at 12:19 AM

quote:
Have you tried totally removing Windows Live Messenger and then re-installing it?
RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Bl1nk on 02-12-2009 at 09:14 AM

yeah, i used a software called ZapMessenger.
that seemed to completely get rid of msn.

then re-installed Windows Live Messenger.
still same problem.

i'm grateful for all the links you guys are sending us to help us, but they don't seem to work :(

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by mcmatt on 02-12-2009 at 09:47 AM

i'm also unable to sign in. the two little messenger guys keep revolving around and around and around and around...

I've deleted cache's, run scripts, loaded messenger plus, uninstalled messenger plus... etc etc that i've read for solutions on the net but it won't work. 

every time i try to load an old version it says 'you already have a newer version of messenger'.  i can't uninstall it because it's not in the 'add or remove programs' list (is that strange?).

i'd like to get it to work - but if that can't happen, i'd like to load an older version 8 or something.

help?

RE: RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Moh on 02-12-2009 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mcmatt
i'm also unable to sign in. the two little messenger guys keep revolving around and around and around and around...

I've deleted cache's, run scripts, loaded messenger plus, uninstalled messenger plus... etc etc that i've read for solutions on the net but it won't work. 

every time i try to load an old version it says 'you already have a newer version of messenger'.  i can't uninstall it because it's not in the 'add or remove programs' list (is that strange?).

i'd like to get it to work - but if that can't happen, i'd like to load an older version 8 or something.

help?
Use ZapMessenger then delete the whole Windows Live folder from C:\Program Files and finally install whatever version you want of Windows Live Messenger.
RE: RE: RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-12-2009 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:
Have you tried totally removing Windows Live Messenger and then re-installing it?
yep doesnt solve the prob once again thnx for the help appreciate it damn microsoft the idiots why release it when it has problems arghhh :@
RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-12-2009 at 04:50 PM

it works now for some reason but took its time signing in but im pretty sure itll start to cause trouble again

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Bl1nk on 02-12-2009 at 04:52 PM

pleaaase tell me how you got it working!!

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-12-2009 at 04:55 PM

i would if i actually had a solution i just came back from school checked email bla bla then i repaired msn and restarted it and works lol but it could come back

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Bl1nk on 02-12-2009 at 04:59 PM

damn you.. lol

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-12-2009 at 08:31 PM

lol sorry that i couldnt help but hope this problem gets sorted

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-13-2009 at 06:49 PM

well it has happened again lol back to the drawing board :(

i should have never signed out dammit!

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Moh on 02-13-2009 at 07:00 PM

Download the very latest version of Windows Live Messenger "build 14.0.8064.206" and it might work well.

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-13-2009 at 07:25 PM

thanks cant believe i never found out about the new build thanks mate ill update it now

it signed in after i updated hurray!
RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-19-2009 at 10:00 PM

same bloody problem again and again it signs in at various times but when i really need it same stupid error msg shows up microsoft u idiots fix the bloody bug u retards

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-20-2009 at 12:00 AM

my guess is it is avg 8 confirm if u have avg installed i read an a post about it somewhere and it said it is avg and avg are aware of it and will fix it in the next program update

RE: RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Moh on 02-20-2009 at 12:33 AM

quote:
my guess is it is avg 8 confirm if u have avg installed i read an a post about it somewhere and it said it is avg and avg are aware of it and will fix it in the next program update
So it wasnt Microsoft's fault ey. :P
RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-20-2009 at 12:38 AM

lol yh sorry microsoft :P

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by Hank on 02-20-2009 at 07:07 AM

try this http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-20-2009 at 09:57 PM

thats just like a blog :s

RE: RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by djdannyp on 02-20-2009 at 10:49 PM

quote:

I have AVG 8 and have no problems with Windows Live Messenger 2009
RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-20-2009 at 11:47 PM

oh ok well lets hope who ever is to blame fixes this problem i finally got onto msn again after repairing the crap again :(

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by FordRacer2007 on 02-21-2009 at 05:15 AM

I'm having the same problem. I also have AVG 8 and I'm running on windows XP. I don't think it is AVG because I have an Alienware laptop that was running the older versions of MSN Messenger and it worked fine until I recently updated it. The only reason I updated it is because I bought my girlfriend a netbook and installed Live Messenger and it looked nice so I decided to update mine. It runs perfectly well on her netbook and she also has AVG8 and is running Windows XP. I tried everything also that is on this thread and nothing has worked. If anyone can help us this would be great.

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by A5J4DX on 02-21-2009 at 02:03 PM

bummer :( well im keeping my msn on 24-7 now lol when im not using it ill set it as appear offline

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by FordRacer2007 on 02-22-2009 at 04:00 AM

Mine will log in but at the same time the error pops up, and when I click don't send or click anything on that error window then my messenger automatically signs me back out, so I can't do nothing with it.

RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by randigirl25 on 09-04-2009 at 09:09 AM

I had this same problem and it drove me nuts until I went to the Windows support page and it said the problem could be as simple as the date and time stamp on your computer being wrong.  SO I checked and sure enough the date on my computer was a month ahead.  After I set it back VOILAAA like magic I could sign into Windows live Messenger!!!  Here is the link for anyone who wants to try it, it worked for me!!!

http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/

RE: RE: Can't Sign into Windows Live Messenger Plus by uHuRu1976 on 09-07-2009 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FordRacer2007
Mine will log in but at the same time the error pops up, and when I click don't send or click anything on that error window then my messenger automatically signs me back out, so I can't do nothing with it.

that is because of a trojan in your pc. %95 it's called kavo.exe

i had the same problem.
google for "combofix"
a very powerful tool. run it once, use msn like a charm
dont forget to thank me :P