Shoutbox

Just downloaded MSN 8.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Just downloaded MSN 8.5 (/showthread.php?tid=89138)

Just downloaded MSN 8.5 by jjlobban on 02-12-2009 at 10:06 PM

I have build Version 14.0.8064.206

But I can't seem to find any way of removing the ads at the bottom.

I only have a 17" screen so it's taking up about 1/3rd of my contact list.

Is there any way to remove it?

Thanks.

RE: Just downloaded MSN 8.5 by Moh on 02-12-2009 at 10:29 PM

You can use Apatch and it will do the job. :)

RE: Just downloaded MSN 8.5 by djdannyp on 02-12-2009 at 10:30 PM

The version number you listed isn't MSN 8.5 (and if i'm being picky, there's no such thing as MSN 8.5)

What you have is Windows Live Messenger (abbreviated to WLM) and you have version 2009, also known as version 9 and version 14

You can use the skinning feature of Messenger Plus! Live to remove the ads, or I believe that A-Patch also removes the adverts

These are both third party add-ons for WLM.

Messenger Plus! Live is the add-on that this support site is for, you can download the latest version here and then investigate skinning, or take a look here to find skins which you may like (if you wish to change the look of messenger), as some also have a 'secret option' to remove the adverts

RE: Just downloaded MSN 8.5 by jjlobban on 02-12-2009 at 10:32 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I get this popup when I open it:

[Image: 2wfrcq8.jpg]

I clicked check for updates, but to no avail.

RE: RE: Just downloaded MSN 8.5 by jjlobban on 02-12-2009 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
The version number you listed isn't MSN 8.5 (and if i'm being picky, there's no such thing as MSN 8.5)

What you have is Windows Live Messenger (abbreviated to WLM) and you have version 2009, also known as version 9 and version 14

You can use the skinning feature of Messenger Plus! Live to remove the ads, or I believe that A-Patch also removes the adverts

These are both third party add-ons for WLM.

Messenger Plus! Live is the add-on that this support site is for, you can download the latest version here and then investigate skinning, or take a look here to find skins which you may like (if you wish to change the look of messenger), as some also have a 'secret option' to remove the adverts

Ok, thanks alot for the info (Y)

Apologies for my incorrect information in my OP.