Shoutbox

Problems with the volume sliders during webcam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problems with the volume sliders during webcam (/showthread.php?tid=89142)

Problems with the volume sliders during webcam by dogwit on 02-13-2009 at 12:29 AM

Hi guys, hope you're all having an amazingly amazing day.

I have a problem with the volume sliders during webcam chat in Windows Live 8.5. When I move my contact's volume slider up and down, it increases and decreases the volume of my entire computer, not just my contact's audio. If I mute my contact then my music or whatever will still play but any adjustment of the slider will effect it accordingly.

Basically my contact's audio fader is working as a master for my whole PC.

Also, I can mute myself in chat, but moving the slider up or down doesn't do anything.

I've looked through all the options in MSN, my soundcard and my webcam, but can't find anything to make it work the magic. I have also searched the webz and still no joy. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Problems with the volume sliders during webcam by Joshua on 02-13-2009 at 06:11 AM

I have a similar problem too.

EDIT: Except that I have a problem adjusting the Microphone. My contact cannot hear me clearly when in a Call. After I adjust the mic to be louder, I speak normally, then the slider goes down.

RE: Problems with the volume sliders during webcam by dogwit on 02-15-2009 at 01:37 PM

Anyone? Surely I'm not the only person to experience this.