Shoutbox

I need Beta Testers... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: I need Beta Testers... (/showthread.php?tid=89153)

I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 02-13-2009 at 07:58 PM

Hi.

I'm developer of Messenger Bot! Live. Messenger Bot! Live using Messenger Plus! Live.. So What is MB!L?

(Messenger Plus! Script really good choice for connection between MSN & DLL.)

1. Speak with your friends, when you go away. (5 different speak mode.)
2. Send a SMS to you. (Like: Hey, abc@def.com wants to talk to you.)
3. Link Blocker (Only Spam links or All links)
4. Instant Video (Like instant message ;))
5. YouTube AddOn. (When your friend send a Utube link, link automatically opening or downloading...)
6. Extra Statuses. (Example: At Shower, At Space, Happy, Watching TV and many others...)
7. zPing Feature (Sometimes your messages not delivered. If this happens, you can send a zping.)
8. Messenger Backup (With your avatars, special colours, Personal messages & nicks... etc...)  (Disabled with Beta Versions)
9. Budge and Kick features.
10. 10+ new features.

English language included. (Thanks to ahmetgns)

So, i need to test this software. I have a 3 machine. Which is installed MS2003 / XP / Vista. Totally worked. But i know. Maybe not working for other users.

If you want to try this software please PM me. Or write here. I will send a setup. (I'm almost done. Just few installation bugs show up...)

We have a our Website & forum. But this is not important right now.

NOTE: Supported countries for SMS: Türkiye (Turkcell not supported), USA, Finland, Australia, Thailand, Russia, Azerbaijan

If you need more information about features (or screenshots), just tell me.

EDIT: SMS = Free.

RE: I need Beta Testers... by RaPLeX on 02-13-2009 at 08:11 PM

bi turk olarak ben olabilirim basta dostum,ayrica italyanca ve almanca cevirisini yapabilirim.

RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 02-13-2009 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
bi turk olarak ben olabilirim basta dostum,ayrica italyanca ve almanca cevirisini yapabilirim.

Memnuniyet duyarim! Cok tesekkur ederim simdiden linkleri sorun olmasin burda vermiyeyim sana PM den attim.
RE: I need Beta Testers... by roflmao456 on 02-13-2009 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html
Languages: All posts should be written in English. If you post in a different language, please provide an English translation. Note: this rule does not apply to the Translation forum.
I wonder how many people actually clicked rules.html :P
RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 02-13-2009 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
quote:
Originally posted by http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html
Languages: All posts should be written in English. If you post in a different language, please provide an English translation. Note: this rule does not apply to the Translation forum.
I wonder how many people actually clicked rules.html :P

I know. Trust me but im really confused right know. Many users wait for installation exe. Anyway sorry for this issue.

Raplex says: "I want to try. Anbd may be i will translate to itallian and german"
I say "Thank you. I will send a PM for download link."

RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-08-2009 at 05:29 AM

Thank you for your helps. Many users provide an information about Country Codes. So, Messenger Bot! Live 2.1 build 197 released today.

ATTENTION: This is Windows Live Messenger & Plus Extension (It uses Plus Script.)

If you don't have a MPlus, you can not use this tool either.

For details: http://www.msgbotlive.net.

BTW, Minimum Plus version is 4.70! Only Live versions are supported. And WLM 8.0 and higher required of course ;) Please test it. SMS notifications are free. (Just enable sms and enter your phone number and activate. You will receive verification code for activation. Enter ant ready to use. If someone send a message to u, u will receive sms. Or you can use Custom SMS notification.)

RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-08-2009 at 11:03 AM

FYI this wont make it to the script database. Installers are not allowed. I don't see why it is an installer instead of just a PLSC.

RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-08-2009 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
FYI this wont make it to the script database. Installers are not allowed. I don't see why it is an installer instead of just a PLSC.

Sorry about that but not only Scripts. There is many DLL, EXE and some files, registry entires, downloadable features, language files and etc. (100% Safe) PLSC not enough for this.

RE: I need Beta Testers... by NanaFreak on 04-08-2009 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wii
quote:

Sorry about that but not only Scripts. There is many DLL, EXE and some files, registry entires, downloadable features, language files and etc. (100% Safe) PLSC not enough for this.
why is it not enough, you can have a exe run on install (have a check value when it initializes, this is like a file or reg settings) its not that hard to make it install from a plsc...
RE: I need Beta Testers... by Thor on 04-08-2009 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wii
quote:

Incorrect, PLSC is enough for that.

There is nothing you can't achieve with a PLSC in this case.
RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-08-2009 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:
Originally posted by Wii
quote:

why is it not enough, you can have a exe run on install (have a check value when it initializes, this is like a file or reg settings) its not that hard to make it install from a plsc...

Yes i know. I can make a install.exe and this will register & run all necessary exe&dll. But i do not want to use this method. So, thank you.
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-08-2009 at 01:16 PM

You are incorrect. You do not need an installer to register the dlls.

In the ScriptInfo.xml inside the PLSC you can have Plus! register dlls upon the scripts install. Your script can start the EXEs as needed. As stated you don't need to install this using an installer. On top of it all you don't need to reboot after installation.

XML code:
<ScriptInfo xmlns="urn:msgplus:scripts" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="urn:msgplus:scripts PlusScripts.xsd">

<Information>
                <Name>Test Script</Name>
                <Description>This script is an example from the documentation.</Description>
        </Information>

<OleFiles>                <FileName>ExtraFuncVB6.dll</FileName>        </OleFiles></ScriptInfo>

Has anyone actually checked if the installer even works as far as registering the script as valid? If it isn't importing via a PLSC I can't see it running properly at times. I wanted to see what it was about so I ran the installer in Sandboxie to be safe.
RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-08-2009 at 01:24 PM

quote:
You are incorrect. You do not need an installer to register the dlls.

In the ScriptInfo.xml inside the PLSC you can have Plus! register dlls upon the scripts install. Your script can start the EXEs as needed. As stated you don't need to install this using an installer. On top of it all you don't need to reboot after installation.

Hmm, i forgot this feature.

BTW not EXE. ActivexEXE but no matter :D

I think i will create another PLSC for this.

I want to ask something, if i include DLL & EXE files with PLSC, is that allowed for Script Database?

Hmm. i forgot to TLB files but i can easily handle it.

Edit: I'm still thinking for TLB and registry (Because, registry keys must becreated before DLL.) (I need a sweet sleep. Almost working with 3 different project within 20 hours.)

Matty: I'm using custom Script Installation Utility. So, this exe found a valid path of script folder and install my scripts and enable from registry ;)
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-08-2009 at 02:06 PM

Regardless if the PLSC has dlls or exes it is still allowed in the database. An exe installer is not allowed.

Before starting initializing the DLL in the script create the registry entries that are needed.

Yeah manually installing a script is not hard. Hence why you have the restart of the computer for the script to be started. I posted another method of restarting all scripts but since you are going to be using a PLSC you don't need to worry about that.

RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-08-2009 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Regardless if the PLSC has dlls or exes it is still allowed in the database. An exe installer is not allowed.

Before starting initializing the DLL in the script create the registry entries that are needed.

Yeah manually installing a script is not hard. Hence why you have the restart of the computer for the script to be started. I posted another method of restarting all scripts but since you are going to be using a PLSC you don't need to worry about that.

I tried this method on 4 different PC. Only 1 time i can see 100% success. So, for TLB and system files im using standard EXE installer BUT you give me a another way to do this.

I will create another project for this. A 1 small DLL and 2 script files. This DLL just send a SMS notification to users.

Like: Messenger Bot! Live Basic (Came with PLSC. Like 100 KB)
        Messenger Bot! Live Ultimate (Came with EXE Installer. Like 5,5MB)

Thank you for your helps @Matty, BTW. Anyway. But i must say. There is many registry & TLB & system references on my dll/exe. This is really complex project. Restart may be required on some machines (specially on Windows XP)

I know i can do this with C++ or JScript language but this is clean & simple way. This is 2nd version. Many users reported our script have a register issues (on 1x version of course)/(DLL register). So, EXE/MSI installation acceptable solution for this.

So i will add this mini basic edition to Script Database and another (ultimate) to our website.

By the way, do not need to restart computer for enable/activate/start script. When you install this tool, script will be automatically enabled immediately.(I hope i do not understand wrong because you say "restart computer after installation for activate script)
code:
For Script Installation:
1. Install Script
2. Close Messenger
3. Enable Script
4. Open Messenger
Thats it

P.S.: My english is not so good. ;)
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-08-2009 at 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wii
code:
For Script Installation:
1. Install Script
2. Close Messenger
3. Enable Script
4. Open Messenger
Thats it

You don't need to exit messenger...

You can use the SendMessage API to send a message to the MessengerPlusLive_MsgPump window to force it to reload ALL scripts.
RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-08-2009 at 06:15 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wii
code:
For Script Installation:
1. Install Script
2. Close Messenger
3. Enable Script
4. Open Messenger
Thats it

You don't need to exit messenger...

You can use the SendMessage API to send a message to the MessengerPlusLive_MsgPump window to force it to reload ALL scripts.

Great way to reload scripts but for my scripts => its not work.

Because, only if user open a messenger program, my dll loaded, unless its not loaded. For example, someone edit my script and save&reload, my dll just stop to working. But when user close all messenger windows and re-open clearly, its work.

(Because im using extra Type Library and pre-requisties for messenger. I need to close and re-open messenger.)

As for as i say this is very complex but clean extension.

But keep me posting because your messages really useful. I will save this messages to my archive ;)
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-08-2009 at 07:12 PM

If your DLL cannot reload because the script has been reloaded then I hate to say it but it is poorly written. You should be able to start and stop the script without breaking the DLL.

RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-09-2009 at 06:51 AM

quote:
If your DLL cannot reload because the script has been reloaded then I hate to say it but it is poorly written. You should be able to start and stop the script without breaking the DLL.

This is for security. Not for my personal choice.

For example: Old versions have a reload system and some people change their SMS Credit numbers with Script. They change Email from script and reload! And then re-add their email to script and then again reload! So there it is. 50+50 = 100 SMS. But this time, there is no "email" functions in script. I'm using Messenger Library and special OCX. So, if you reload or save&re-open my script, it just not working. ONLY when you open messenger clearly, its work.

Plus (not msgplus :) +) some people see other contacts extra status without permission. So, i decided to encrypt and remove some functions from script. Script only connection between dll & messenger and of course deliver all incoming/outgoing messages.

If i did this in C++, i do not need to use script already. This is VisualBasic and i must say, VB is not perfect language for this. We can do that everything with every program language but C++ is real deal (Look: MSgPlus is written in C++).

Unfortunately my C++ not so good and i cannot write c++ at this time...

I hope u understand what im saying. This script is great opportunity for using Messenger SMS Notification System and extra statuses or youtube link share/metacafe watcher.
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-09-2009 at 01:54 PM

Based on your logic they have to restart Windows Live Messenger for more credits. I haven't installed the script therefore I am not familiar with this credit system you have but I assume it means you can only receive 50 SMS messages before needing to restart. Why I am not sure.

RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-09-2009 at 02:11 PM

quote:
Based on your logic they have to restart Windows Live Messenger for more credits. I haven't installed the script therefore I am not familiar with this credit system you have but I assume it means you can only receive 50 SMS messages before needing to restart. Why I am not sure.

No. Its means you can hack my code easily and get more credits. (for old version of course)

BUT likely we had change this method and remove all mail/status/parse functions from jscript.

Trust me, this method really good for everyone. Just a little restart. Just that. This is not a big step :):) (we're not going to mars just restart to messenger)

BTW, PLSC Basic DLL is ready, i had remove all TLB from DLL. Of course many features are disabled but the main SMS & Extra status still available.
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-09-2009 at 02:46 PM

Why are you limiting the credits available per session? That is a bit ridiculous don't you think? Or do you somehow get charged for this?

RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-09-2009 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Why are you limiting the credits available per session? That is a bit ridiculous don't you think? Or do you somehow get charged for this?

Session? i do not understand.

I give 50 credit (FOR BEGINNING and substructure for future) every new account. Because, this product still beta and it need to be tested. Our SMS are free. If you finish your 50 credit you can install new 50 credit too.

Right now almost 1000 user use this tool (generally for extra status and youtube downloader). 690 sms sent every day (~) (if you want, i can give full statistic for this). In this moment we are OK. In the future maybe we will stop this free service and say "you can use this free tool but you need to purchase credits yourself.". FYI, we dont need money for ourselfs. If someone pay for sms, it goes to sms service. not to us. ;)

Shortly, it's free.
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-09-2009 at 03:41 PM

Why is it not an option for users to have unlimited SMS? I don't understand the reason for allowing only 50 SMS?

RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-09-2009 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Why is it not an option for users to have unlimited SMS? I don't understand the reason for allowing only 50 SMS?

I ask the same question to ICQ developers (as you know icq have sms system) and answer is "are you crazy"? So, for me, yes there is an option. When beta tests is finish, i give unlimited sms (no promise :P )...

(Actually i didnt ask :D because i know the answer. [top secret])
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-09-2009 at 04:43 PM

Ok why conform to other developers who's software isn't widely used? Windows Live Messenger you can send unlimited messages to a mobile phone.

I rest my case.

RE: RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-09-2009 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Ok why conform to other developers who's software isn't widely used? Windows Live Messenger you can send unlimited messages to a mobile phone.

I rest my case.

If u say "Messenger already have a SMS system", i must say;

Some countries not supported. And some phone operatores is not free. Please read all documents before using MSN services.

For example:

Messenger cannot send any messages to you when someone sign in, Messenger cannot send any alert (important messages) to your phone.

In the past, i had used messenger sms feature. But when they decided to remove this feature for my country, i did this program. But holaaa my country again support for this feature BUT when i receive sms from messenger (microsoft) 2 credit down from my phone credits (Turkcell, avea, vodafone have a credit system)

I hope u understand why im using/developing this tool...

Thank you for this great conversation and have fun for who using this tool.

Ohh BTW, you cannot send a sms to your offline friends like Messenger mobile users. If someone write message to u, this tool send a message for this or you can set custom sms notifications. Really useful.

Wii.
RE: I need Beta Testers... by matty on 04-09-2009 at 07:09 PM

I was refering to this: http://get.live.com/messenger/mobile.

Not all countries have a "credit" system for SMS. For instance my phone package I have unlimited send/recieve for text messages.

RE: I need Beta Testers... by CookieRevised on 04-09-2009 at 11:12 PM

Wii, can you explain (as good as possible and as far as your English allows you to) how this script actually works?

Because from reading this thread all I can feel is that it is made way too complex and a mess to be honest... DLLs, TLBs, EXEs, ... I mean, why are they all needed?

A 'simple' script with a 'simple' DLL* (to send the SMS) should be sufficient. I also don't understand all the talk about registry changes, installations, the need to reboot, breaking the DLL if you restart the script**, etc...

Why do you actually need the Messenger Library for?

I wont use this script and will not even try or test it as I very strongly feel, from what I've read in this thread, it will mess many things up, pollute my registry, register some ActiveXs, etc.. from what I've read in this thread.

So to make me understand and to take that bad feeling away, can you explain how the script, the DLLs, the EXEs all interact with eachother, what their purposes are, etc? Maybe using some graphical workflow graphics or something, dunno...

* And if the purpose of the DLL is to send an SMS than it can mostlikely also be done directly within the scripting language. Plus! scripting supports Windows APIs, you can connect to the internet with that, connect to modems, etc.

** If a script reload breaks the DLL then that DLL is indeed very badly written as a script restart should not matter, even not to prevent users from cheating. In fact, if you talk about registering an email to recieve 50 free SMS then I assume something registers the email on some online service. It is up to the DLL and/or this service to 'detect' reregistering or cheating. In the end, a script restart should realy not matter at all and in fact it is very crucial for a proper script and proper DLL to allow stopping, restarting, enabling and disabling. A proper written script and DLL can communicate with eachother directly without breaking anything (and without using precious resources and cpu cycles) if one or the other fails to load or is reloaded.

RE: I need Beta Testers... by CookieRevised on 04-10-2009 at 09:14 PM

Thanks for the explanation.

It answers some of my questions, but on the other hand it also confirms what I first thought:

Everything your program does can be done from within a Messenger Plus! script. You don't need any DLLs, TLBs or ActivX EXEs.

---

Since the EXEs and DLLs are ActivXs they need registering too, so your program uses more than just the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/MG Yazilim/MsgBotLive/ key.
Speeking of which, is there a specific reason why you use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and not HKEY_CURRENT_USER to store settings? You should always use HKEY_CURRENT_USER to store user specific stuff so that settings from different Windows users don't conflict with eachother.

As for the (lack of) unicode support in VB6, you can use Windows APIs to show unicode characters and even allow LTR support, so you don't need an OCX for that. Or you can also use a RichtText editbox instead of a Label control, which fully supports Unicode.
But this said, you wouldn't have problems with unicode if you made this as a pure Messenger Plus! script in the first place.

quote:
Originally posted by Wii
So, please explain to me. I see many DLL and EXE files in Messenger Plus! Live directory. Can i ask why? Of course yes i can ask this but NO!. If there is any dll came with MP!L its mean MPL need this dll. Ohh BTW, MsgPlus have a own registry entires. Can i ask why? No. This is patchou's program. Not mine.

Last day i download MessengerDiscovery2 from web. Great tool. Made with .net. Can i ask why are you using dll and exe's? This is not ethic.
The big difference is that Messenger Plus! needs those DLLs and registry keys. Your program realy does not; it can be made as a pure Messenger Plus! script without the need of any EXEs and DLLs.

If it was possible for Messenger Plus! to function without the need of the DLL and registry keys than Patchou would have made it so. In fact, in the past, there was an EXE. But Patchou found a better way to do what Plus! does without the need of the EXE, so he removed it. This is the same for your program: There are better way ways to do what your program does.

So, it isn't a matter of whos program it is. The question is can it be (easly) done without the need of resource hogging DLLs, ActiveX EXEs, OCXs and TLBs. And the answer is: yes it can, you really do not need all those external files since everything your program does can be done from within Plus! scripting. On top of that, you wouldn't have the problems like unicode support, restarting, installing, registering, etc if you made it as a Plus! script. And to top it off, the whole package would be extremely smaller in size, lightweight and far more transparant. Also people trust open source scripting much more than closed source DLLs and EXEs, especially if it seems that they are not needed.

As for MessengerDiscovery. That is a completely other thing and functions in a completely different way than Messenger Plus! and your program. For starters, your program needs and uses Plus! scripting in some extent already. MessengerDiscovery doesn't use Plus! coding and must provide its own backbone. MessengerDiscovery does things which requires the stuff it comes with, your program does not require those things. Your program doesn't need parallel threads and processing side by side with Messenger to do what it does and it can function perfectly from within the scripting (in fact it would probably be more stable than it is now).

quote:
Originally posted by Wii
...im using TLB for parse email without any hacks and parse all list very FAST and detailed.

If you  ask for what reason. I can explain that:

For example my account is 123@wii.com. If i open my credit status window, program parse my account info from web. If i change this email from script like my friends email 456@wii.com i can see 456's user information, remaing credits, phone numbers. But if i use TLB for parse email, user cannot change this. ONLY if you are really have this mail you can see your own information.

Then I'm afraid to say that the system you're using as the online service is realy very very insecure. It would be very easy for people to see and change other people's user information, even with the method you use now.

---------------

Note that the stuff I ask and say is to try to improve your program and to show that it is possible to do what you want without the need of all those extra external files. It is just advise. Of course you decide what you do with your program, but I think it would benefit both you and your potential users.

;)
RE: I need Beta Testers... by Wii on 04-11-2009 at 01:25 AM

Thank you CookieRevised ;)