Shoutbox

[HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 (/showthread.php?tid=89201)

[HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 02-16-2009 at 04:36 AM

Hi~Everyone~
Recently I faced a problem~
Each time after I shut down MSN, and when I open it the next time(without switching off the computer), Messenger Plus disappears...

But this question doesn't appears when I restart the computer. i.e. Everytime I restart/first turn the computer, MSN plus is here.

I've looked at the posts and tried the methods, and the problem cannot be solved.

PS shut down means pressing the buttom in red.
[Image: 1-1.jpg]

RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by Th3rmal on 02-16-2009 at 06:03 AM

Have you tried re-installing WLM and MP!L ?

RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 02-16-2009 at 07:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Have you tried re-installing WLM and MP!L ?
yes...I've reinstalled them for many times...
Just after I reinstalled,  it worked for sometime...but later when I open it again(shut down and on), Messenger Plus still disappears..
RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by Mnjul on 02-16-2009 at 08:28 AM

Do you have any add-ons for Messenger installed?

RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 02-16-2009 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
What do you mean by 'add-ons'?
I think I didn't install any other thing other than Windows Lve&Messenger Plus
RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 02-19-2009 at 09:04 AM

Can any one help me?
I even cannot log in MSN when the first time(when Messenger Plus is there...)

RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by Joshua on 02-19-2009 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dd2458
quote:
Add-ons could be A-Patch, or MessPatch...
RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 02-19-2009 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
quote:
quote:
Add-ons could be A-Patch, or MessPatch...

Where can I see the Add-ons?
Because I don't know whether I've installed that...
Where can I check?
In C:/ or ???And in which folder?
THZ
RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by djdannyp on 02-19-2009 at 01:29 PM

Go to the control panel and look in add/remove programs (or programs & features if you're on vista)

The add-ons which cause Messenger Plus! Live to disappear are SmileyCentral, SweetIM, GDI++ and Kiwee (i think that's all)

If you have any of these installed, then remove them and re-install Messenger Plus! Live and it should re-appear and stay there

RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 02-21-2009 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Go to the control panel and look in add/remove programs (or programs & features if you're on vista)

The add-ons which cause Messenger Plus! Live to disappear are SmileyCentral, SweetIM, GDI++ and Kiwee (i think that's all)

If you have any of these installed, then remove them and re-install Messenger Plus! Live and it should re-appear and stay there

I don't have any one of them...
but the problem still exists= =
RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 02-25-2009 at 10:53 AM

can any one help?

RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by djdannyp on 02-25-2009 at 01:06 PM

Do you have Messenger Discovery Live?

If not, then please take screenshots of your Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features on Vista) and post them on here so that we can take a look

There may be something else which interferes with Messenger Plus! Live that we don't yet know about

RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 03-25-2009 at 11:53 AM

quote:

If not, then please take screenshots of your Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features on Vista) and post them on here so that we can take a look

There may be something else which interferes with Messenger Plus! Live that we don't yet know about

Here are the programs...please help...
[Image: ADD.jpg]
RE: RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by Moh on 03-25-2009 at 12:14 PM

quote:
quote:

Here are the programs...please help...
[Image: ADD.jpg]
What are the last three programs "those in japanese/chinese"?
RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 03-25-2009 at 01:21 PM

The last 3 are:

Pikachu screensaver
Pokemon screensaver
Online game"talesrunner"

respectively...

RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by djdannyp on 03-25-2009 at 01:39 PM

What are the following?:

FBX Plugin 2009.0 for Max 2009
GoldWave v5.22
piaip AppLocale
QQ 2008 BEta4SP1
TUN881

those are all i don't recognise

RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 03-25-2009 at 01:53 PM

FBX Plugin 2009.0 for Max 2009----for 3ds Max
GoldWave v5.22---- software of sounds
piaip AppLocale--- AppLocale(use anotherlanguage to run .exe file)
QQ 2008 BEta4SP1--- a software from mainland China(like MSN)
TUN881---I forget...

RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by djdannyp on 03-25-2009 at 02:00 PM

quote:
TUN881---I forget...

Does piaip interact with messenger at all?  do you use it to run WLM?

Try uninstalling that QQ 2008 thing as well......if it's another messenger thing it could be interfering in some way
RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by CookieRevised on 03-25-2009 at 02:06 PM

Wouldn't it be better to list the running programs in the Task List instead of the Add/Remove Programs list?

Not all programs (especially those who are not written "that well/properly" and thus more chance in breaking other stuff) have an entry in the Add/Remove Programs List.

RE: RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 03-26-2009 at 09:17 AM

quote:
quote:
TUN881---I forget...

Does piaip interact with messenger at all?  do you use it to run WLM?

Try uninstalling that QQ 2008 thing as well......if it's another messenger thing it could be interfering in some way

I don't use piaip to run WLM...

QQ 2008 Messenger is uninstalled already before...
this one (listed) is for listening music...
RE: RE: [HELP!]Messenger Plus disappears after shut down MSN9.0 by dd2458 on 03-26-2009 at 09:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Wouldn't it be better to list the running programs in the Task List instead of the Add/Remove Programs list?

Not all programs (especially those who are not written "that well/properly" and thus more chance in breaking other stuff) have an entry in the Add/Remove Programs List.
THIS???
[Image: aa.jpg]