Shoutbox

Instant Response | [release] 2.0 | 12/07/2009 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Instant Response | [release] 2.0 | 12/07/2009 (/showthread.php?tid=89254)

Instant Response | [release] 2.0 | 12/07/2009 by whiz on 02-18-2009 at 02:44 PM

Features

• allows you to send a auto-message to contacts
  • the message and delay are both fully customisable, or you can use one of the many built-in presets
  • status check that tells you what the current settings are
  • option to alert you that the system is still on
  • option to use the Messenger Plus! auto-message style
  • control centre window for easier access to settings

Screenshot
[Image: eating.png]
RE: BETA - Instant Response 1.0! by matty on 02-18-2009 at 08:19 PM

What did you add to the script? Are the features you added listed in your post? Did you have consent from the author  to use their code? (Not sure if the latter is applicable just read the header stating you based it off another script.)

RE: BETA - Instant Response 1.0! by Dr Nick on 02-19-2009 at 05:12 AM

I like it...

I'd like to see a window... with tabs maybe for all the settings rather than using the script menu like that, since it is really hard to navigate, I noticed you said you will work on this, so this is my suggestion ;)

Also more information about what each setting does would be handy...
I have no idea what the sign in alert is atm...

Rather than two buttons for enable or disable, i suggest:
If(enabled==True) {
Menu will say Disable, and clicking will result in disable
} else {
Menu says enable, and clicking will result in enable
}

... if you get my drift?

A little work will make this a great script!

Thanks.
Nick

RE: Instant Response | [beta] 1.0 by whiz on 02-19-2009 at 11:03 AM

I am already working on a Control Centre, of which I have a snapshot attached.  I will keep the /commands, but I have removed the menu entries with one just to open the Control Centre.  ;)

As for the sign-in alert, what it does is, if you have the responses on, it will alert you, asking if you want to turn them off.  :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=952658]

RE: BETA - Instant Response 1.0! by lisabelfast on 02-19-2009 at 07:03 PM

ok how do u use this

RE: Instant Response | [beta] 1.0 by whiz on 02-20-2009 at 04:06 PM

You can either set it up through the script menu, or by using /commands.  Turn it on, and whenever someone speaks to you, they will be auto-responded with your own message, or you can pick a preset one.

RE: Instant Response | [beta] 1.0 -> [release] 2.0 by Dr Nick on 06-15-2009 at 07:55 AM

Ok, thanks for the update... This is great, but I dont see any changes from before?

Where can I find status check?

Nick

RE: Instant Response | [release] 2.0 by whiz on 06-15-2009 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Nick
Ok, thanks for the update... This is great, but I dont see any changes from before?
Er... it is, pretty much, the same, except I fixed a bug with the timer validation.  :)

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Nick
Where can I find status check?
You have to type "/ir.status", which will display a toast with the current settings.
RE: Instant Response | [release] 2.0 | 12/07/2009 by Yas20seR on 07-01-2010 at 03:30 PM

its good ~~||

Thaaaaaaaaanks ~~||

RE: Instant Response | [release] 2.0 | 12/07/2009 by Chrissy on 07-01-2010 at 03:32 PM

Is it possible to send a file automatically? I'm currently looking for something like that.

RE: Instant Response | [release] 2.0 | 12/07/2009 by whiz on 07-01-2010 at 04:01 PM

You could set the response to "/sendfile <path>", which will send a file.  But it will be sent every time someone sends you a message whilst responses are enabled.