Shoutbox

[Release] Auto Status v1.01 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Auto Status v1.01 (/showthread.php?tid=89276)

[Release] Auto Status v1.01 by djdannyp on 02-19-2009 at 08:09 PM

Welcome to Auto Status!

This script lets you alter your status based on whoever signs in.  Want to appear online whenever your significant other signs in?  Or busy when your Mum's bugging you to talk?  Use the options window to enter an e-mail address and select the status that you want your messenger to be changed to when they sign in. 

[Image: klrpwbxz-ss.jpg]

Add Click this button once you've filled in the e-mail address and desired status
Delete Click this once you've highlighted someone who you want to remove status changing for
Save Click this to save any changes you've made in the settings window
Close Click this to close the settings window, cancelling any changes you've made.

Version 1.01 includes a fix for the bug where settings weren't being saved correctly after reloading Messenger.

Note: This does not allow you to have different statuses for each contact, it merely changes your status depending on who signs in...your status will show for EVERYONE at what it was last changed to by the script

Please post any suggestions, requests, bugs or translation requests

Special thanks go to Spunky

DOWNLOAD HERE

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by matty on 02-19-2009 at 08:22 PM

Please note this will not allow you to have different statuses per contact. It will change your status to what you specify when the specific user signs in.

For instance
Your GF signs in your status is set to Online
THEN your mom signs in and your status is set to Busy.

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by prashker on 02-19-2009 at 08:58 PM

TO FOLLOW!324234

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by djdannyp on 02-23-2009 at 07:58 PM

Now live in the scripts database

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/509-Auto-Status/

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by rok on 03-02-2009 at 11:45 AM

how do you open the options window?

RE: RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by Moh on 03-02-2009 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rok
how do you open the options window?
Click on the scripts icon in the contact list, Auto-stauts and then settings.
RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by rok on 03-02-2009 at 02:47 PM

thank you so much :)

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by sh0rttie on 03-05-2009 at 10:22 PM

so if i wanted to appear online when a certain someone goes on, would they see me sign in or i would be automatically online on their msn ?

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by Vilkku on 03-05-2009 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sh0rttie
so if i wanted to appear online when a certain someone goes on, would they see me sign in or i would be automatically online on their msn ?
If I understood the description correctly, as soon as that person comes online the script will change your status to what you have selected. You need to be logged in for it to work, obviously.

I also have an suggestion, tho I don't use the script myself: Make it possible order the people, so that the priorities for different persons are different (say you have your mother and offline status at number 1 and girlfriend/online at number 2, you mother logs in first and the script changes status to offline, but when your gf logs on it would not change status to online because your mother is still online [maybe it could notify you of the fact that a person with lower priority has signed in? tbh, it should also always notify when automatically changing status, which ofc could be disabled by the user])
RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by T-PO on 03-22-2009 at 02:36 PM

Hi,

I really love this script. However, I found a bug.

Somehow the script loses its configuration. When I enter some email addresses and link them to a status they are saved. But after a reboot or log off they are lost...

Can you have a look at this?

Regards,

T-PO

RE: RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by djdannyp on 03-23-2009 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by T-PO
Hi,

I really love this script. However, I found a bug.

Somehow the script loses its configuration. When I enter some email addresses and link them to a status they are saved. But after a reboot or log off they are lost...

Can you have a look at this?

Regards,

T-PO

I think I've found (and fixed) the reason for this....I'm gonna test it over the next couple of days and then submit an updated version to the database
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by T-PO on 03-24-2009 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

I think I've found (and fixed) the reason for this....I'm gonna test it over the next couple of days and then submit an updated version to the database

Thanks!

Regards,

T-PO
RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by xMessengerMadx on 03-24-2009 at 07:11 PM

This is a great idea for a script!

Is it possible to incorporate an option of time delay into the script (so your status changes a certain period of time after the person logs in)?

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by T-PO on 03-27-2009 at 10:25 AM

Hello,

As already stated before I really love this script.

Is it possible to add a feature to this script:

Let's say I got the following configuration:

Girlfriend         - Online
Mother in Law - Appear Offline

I'm chatting with my girlfriend being on-line.
Now, when my mother in law signs in messenger will automatically go to Appear Offline.

If my Mother in law now signs off and my Girlfriend is still online I would like to go to online again. It this possible?

Regards,

T-PO

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by djdannyp on 03-28-2009 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by T-PO
quote:

Thanks!

Regards,

T-PO

The fix has been tested and verified and the new version has been submitted to the database.

Either check back here in a few days or use /checkupdates in a conversation to see if the new version is online.

I'll look into those suggestions but I don't think that either are particularly viable...watch this space
RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by CookieRevised on 03-28-2009 at 10:59 AM

The priority suggestion is a very good one, me thinks.
Although I wouldn't use this script myself because I don't want a particular status to be overriden by this script.

Maybe to compensate for this another suggestion would be to add a warning dialog which pops up (as the top most window), counting down from a given number of seconds (can be an option too*) before it sets your status to the one you've provided. Selectable per contact of course.

* and with this you could also add the time-delay suggestion someone requested. Setting this to 0 and no warning pops up and the status is set immediatly. Setting it to eg 5 secs for a particular contact and the status will be set in 5 seconds if that particular contact signs in.
And if another contact signs in during the time the popup warning is shown the popup is automatically dismissed (and/or a new popup is shown if needed).

;)

RE: RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.0 by T-PO on 03-28-2009 at 05:09 PM

quote:
The fix has been tested and verified and the new version has been submitted to the database.

Either check back here in a few days or use /checkupdates in a conversation to see if the new version is online.

Thanks djdannyp! I'll check the database...

quote:
I'll look into those suggestions but I don't think that either are particularly viable...watch this space

I hope you will have positive answer!

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The priority suggestion is a very good one, me thinks.

Maybe to compensate for this another suggestion would be to add a warning dialog which pops up (as the top most window), counting down from a given number of seconds (can be an option too*) before it sets your status to the one you've provided. Selectable per contact of course.

Thanks Cookie for your backup! Hopefully djdannyp will pick this up!

Regards,

T-PO

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.01 by djdannyp on 03-30-2009 at 08:37 PM

Version 1.01 is now live on the scripts database with a small update to fix the problem with settings not being remembered after exiting Messenger

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.01 by T-PO on 03-31-2009 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Version 1.01 is now live on the scripts database with a small update to fix the problem with settings not being remembered after exiting Messenger

Thanks, djdannyp.
One other (simple) request: Can you put the version number in the "About" window... this way you can see the correct version is loaded...

Regards,

T-PO

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.01 by [albertoh] on 04-10-2009 at 07:32 PM

If you want, I can translate it to Spanish
Please check my profile in Spanish forum

RE: [Release] Auto Status v1.01 by balakrishnarao on 07-22-2010 at 04:48 AM

nice