Shoutbox

sharing folders? :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: sharing folders? :( (/showthread.php?tid=89282)

sharing folders? :( by swgeek10056 on 02-20-2009 at 12:25 AM

sorry for only asking questions and not answering them, but that's mainly why i came here. let me first start out by saying that i like a lot of the new features of the build 14 wlm. but i noticed something very different from 8.1: there seems to be no sharing folders! i clicked on the "files" button and there was "send a file or photo" as always, but i liked the synchronized sharing folders. now there's this thing called skydrive that as far as i can tell you need to either make a special folder for each of your contacts... seperately, or you can share one folder with all contacts. i'd like to just have the old sharing folders back; i don't know if any of you people on the forum could change anything but since this is the official forum and i dont want to spend about an hour looking for a button labeled "feedback" i thought i'd post it here

so recapping: i admire that the new skydrive feature is available, but i would be very greatful if sharing folders were once again available and scynchronized with your contacts.

thanks for reading all that, and thank you for your help so far. i hope my request is at least considered as a possibility and gets into the hands of the right people.

RE: sharing folders? :( by Moh on 02-20-2009 at 12:35 AM

The Sharing Folder feature has been discontinued in the latest version of Windows Live Messenger. Sorry, I dont think that they will even add it again in the upcoming versions.

RE: RE: sharing folders? :( by swgeek10056 on 02-23-2009 at 09:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
The Sharing Folder feature has been discontinued in the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.
yes, i realized that and i thought i had acknowledged that in the original post. but do you know WHY the sharing folder feature has been discontinued?
RE: sharing folders? :( by hiya104 on 08-31-2009 at 12:33 PM

agree share folders where useful... who had the idea of removing them was off his pot at the time

RE: sharing folders? :( by djdannyp on 08-31-2009 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by swgeek10056
sorry for only asking questions and not answering them, but that's mainly why i came here. let me first start out by saying that i like a lot of the new features of the build 14 wlm. but i noticed something very different from 8.1: there seems to be no sharing folders! i clicked on the "files" button and there was "send a file or photo" as always, but i liked the synchronized sharing folders. now there's this thing called skydrive that as far as i can tell you need to either make a special folder for each of your contacts... seperately, or you can share one folder with all contacts. i'd like to just have the old sharing folders back; i don't know if any of you people on the forum could change anything but since this is the official forum and i dont want to spend about an hour looking for a button labeled "feedback" i thought i'd post it here

so recapping: i admire that the new skydrive feature is available, but i would be very greatful if sharing folders were once again available and scynchronized with your contacts.

thanks for reading all that, and thank you for your help so far. i hope my request is at least considered as a possibility and gets into the hands of the right people.

This is the official forums for Messenger Plus! Live, not for Windows Live Messenger.  No-one here [directly] has the power to change anything like this.

I'd imagine that all of the factors were taken into very careful consideration before removing sharing folders. 

Any existing sharing folders will definitely be lost any any content would have to be re-created.
RE: sharing folders? :( by Nagamasa on 09-01-2009 at 05:25 AM

It has been removed in favour of Windows Live SkyDrive.