Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading (/showthread.php?tid=89304)

Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading by darylt on 02-20-2009 at 05:39 PM

I am upto date with all windows updates and have the latest version of Messenger Live.

After I have installed the Messenger Plus application and restart my computer the startup just loops upto the loading screen then restarts.

The only way that I can get out of this loop is to force my PC to shutdown then repair, then force a shutdown and then restore.

Any ideas?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading by Joshua on 02-21-2009 at 12:11 AM

Are you sure it is Messenger Plus App that is doing this? Sure its not some sort of virus,spyware?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading by Quantum on 02-21-2009 at 12:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
Are you sure it is Messenger Plus App that is doing this? Sure its not some other virus?

You talk like msgplus is a virus :O

---

Try booting in safe mode by hitting F8 when you see the BIOS boot screen. If yes you may be able to access your computer but various drivers are not loaded.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading by Joshua on 02-21-2009 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Quantum
quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
Are you sure it is Messenger Plus App that is doing this? Sure its not some sort of virus,spyware?

You talk like msgplus is a virus :O

---

Try booting in safe mode by hitting F8 when you see the BIOS boot screen. If yes you may be able to access your computer but various drivers are not loaded.
No-la, just checking to see if its some other virus that is doing the job.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading by Voldemort on 02-21-2009 at 02:35 AM

It is not Vista (unless is an ultra weird weird weird cause). I've been running Plus! on vista since beta 2

RE: Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading by darylt on 02-21-2009 at 08:01 AM

My PC was fine until I installed Message Plus.  Then this problem started.  When I went back to the restore point I installed each piece of software one at a time and it only started happening after Message Plus is installed.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live stops Vista from loading by darylt on 03-01-2009 at 08:46 AM

It may be the latest version of Live Messenger that is making my PC unable to start...