Shoutbox

Force WLM 9.0 To Open Outlook For Hotmail Email? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Force WLM 9.0 To Open Outlook For Hotmail Email? (/showthread.php?tid=89312)

Force WLM 9.0 To Open Outlook For Hotmail Email? by jakobkraft on 02-21-2009 at 03:53 AM

Since I use Outlook 2007 religiously as my desktop client, there's no reason for me to have the Live Mail Desktop client, which is nice-looking but as a PIM doesn't compare to Outlook 2007. How about a way for MessengerPlusLive to force Live Messenger 9 to open unread Hotmail emails in Outlook?
If anyone is wondering -- all NON-hotmail accounts will open using the default e-mail client -- but HOTMAIL accounts only open either in Windows Live Mail Desktop (if installed) or your default browser, NEVER Outlook, unfortunately for me.

thanks in advance!

RE: Force WLM 9.0 To Open Outlook For Hotmail Email? by Joshua on 02-21-2009 at 05:09 AM

If you are familiar with the Windows Start Menu, right-click on the icon of Start Menu, and click Properties, after the Properties window loads, click on the Start Menu tab.

Click customize..., then at the bottom of the next window, there are these words: 'show on start menu'
Below it is your default internet browser and default email browser, change the Email Browser to Outlook.

EDIT: This only works if you have configured Outlook for your MSN Emails.

RE: Force WLM 9.0 To Open Outlook For Hotmail Email? by jakobkraft on 02-21-2009 at 05:23 AM

I already have Outlook listed in my start menu - setting it as the default e-mail client in 'Default Programs' did that automatically. I use Outlook connector to get my hotmail in outlook (which enables me to sync with Live calendar as well). Is there something else I need to do?

I'm using Vista Ultimate 32-bit, btw...

RE: Force WLM 9.0 To Open Outlook For Hotmail Email? by Joshua on 02-21-2009 at 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jakobkraft
Is there something else I need to do?
I'm not so sure... I don't use Outlook for my default program, why don't you just install Windows Live Mail?