Shoutbox

[Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] (/showthread.php?tid=89369)

[Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by coolzee on 02-23-2009 at 11:41 PM

I decide to work on a apple or mac skin for Windows Live Messenger 9 or 14. I'm still improving it when i have some spare time. So here it is:

Screenshot/ Download: http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/136-Snow-Leopard/

v.1 - Release: (February,23/2009)
v.1.0.1 - Released: (March 5/09)
v.1.0.2 - Released: (Aug. 24/09)
v.1.0.3 - Released: (Nov. 16/09)

UPCOMING VERSION : v.1.0.4

-skin fixes

Comments and Suggestions are always welcome.

:D

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Nagamasa on 02-24-2009 at 01:26 AM

Look nice in general :)

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Felu on 02-24-2009 at 08:17 AM

Looks nice :D. I'm using it now :P.

Now just tell me on WLM how to hide, you know what.

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Ryddyck on 02-24-2009 at 12:46 PM

Nice, but I don't like the expand/minimize button of contact list, are always the same.
Good work

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 02-24-2009 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Looks nice :D. I'm using it now :P.

Now just tell me on WLM how to hide, you know what.

It will be on the next version. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Ryddyck
Nice, but I don't like the expand/minimize button of contact list, are always the same.
Good work

That only happens when the user is not using default blue colour. ( I like it. :P)

Thanks. :)

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by TheSourcE on 02-24-2009 at 06:30 PM

It's a great skin, btw you did you managed to skin the min, max and close buttons?

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Andylongi on 02-24-2009 at 09:03 PM

well looks nice so far the only thing which i dont like is the blue or the other colours on the top of the message window from the scenes well i know i can change that but would be better if you could change that .

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 02-25-2009 at 01:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eminem1992
It's a great skin, btw you did you managed to skin the min, max and close buttons?

Thanks. :D

Look for 21018,21019,21020 pictures > replace it with your own by editing them in photoshop.

In your SkinInfo, put this:

<Picture Id="21018"><File>Images/21018.png</File><Metadata><FrameCount>4</FrameCount><Colorize>true</Colorize></Metadata></Picture>
        <Picture Id="21019"><File>Images/21019.png</File><Metadata><FrameCount>4</FrameCount><Colorize>true</Colorize></Metadata></Picture>
        <Picture Id="21020"><File>Images/21020.png</File><Metadata><FrameCount>4</FrameCount><Colorize>true</Colorize></Metadata></Picture>

;)

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
well looks nice so far the only thing which i dont like is the blue or the other colours on the top of the message window from the scenes well i know i can change that but would be better if you could change that .

if i have time i will do it. :)

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by TheSourcE on 02-25-2009 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coolzee
quote:
Originally posted by Eminem1992

Thanks. :D

Look for 21018,21019,21020 pictures > replace it with your own by editing them in photoshop.

In your SkinInfo, put this:

<Picture Id="21018"><File>Images/21018.png</File><Metadata><FrameCount>4</FrameCount><Colorize>true</Colorize></Metadata></Picture>
        <Picture Id="21019"><File>Images/21019.png</File><Metadata><FrameCount>4</FrameCount><Colorize>true</Colorize></Metadata></Picture>
        <Picture Id="21020"><File>Images/21020.png</File><Metadata><FrameCount>4</FrameCount><Colorize>true</Colorize></Metadata></Picture>

;)

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi

if i have time i will do it. :)

Thanks for the reply, fixed now. :)
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by tony on 02-25-2009 at 04:06 PM

Why is it called snow leopard? nice skin!

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 02-25-2009 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony

I've base it on the next Mac OS X.

Hint: http://www.apple.com/macosx/snowleopard/

Thanks for the great comment. :)
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by blessedguy on 02-26-2009 at 02:30 AM

it looks nice...
I miss the hover effects, however =) And the background looks cropped in the Contact List...

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by BlackStar on 02-26-2009 at 01:21 PM

I have this problem with this Skin.

It is nagging me all the time that there is an update.

I have done this 5 times in one computer and 2 times in an another computer and it is still nagging me!

WHY!

I have still not enabled this skin because it is just a Beta version.
I use to do that just to be able to see what this skin really does and check its settings possibility.

Could this be the case why it is nagging me to update it all the time?

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by blessedguy on 02-26-2009 at 04:38 PM

The updater checks for updates of skins, scripts and software... are you sure you're getting update requests only from this skin?

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by BlackStar on 02-26-2009 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
The updater checks for updates of skins, scripts and software... are you sure you're getting update requests only from this skin?

Yes it is only for this one I get this notification, all the time...

See the pic that I attached.
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by blessedguy on 02-26-2009 at 08:46 PM

Found the problem...
coolzee, could you please add the autoupdate id and build number to the skininfo? (A)

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 02-26-2009 at 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Found the problem...
coolzee, could you please add the autoupdate id and build number to the skininfo? (A)

Sorry for the trouble, it will be fixed in the next version. :)

I'm just busy with school. You will expect a update on the weekend. ;)
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 03-05-2009 at 09:40 PM

v.1.0.1 finally released. Menthix was busy...so yea.

I'll update information in the first post about the upcoming version.

Thanks for downloading, enjoy.

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by wta121 on 03-08-2009 at 10:51 AM

I've had a problem with this skin. I am getting it normal, just with a purple bar over the bottom area of contacts. Ive attached a picture. Please help.. I love this skin, it worked for a bit then went dodgy :(

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by djdannyp on 03-08-2009 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wta121
I've had a problem with this skin. I am getting it normal, just with a purple bar over the bottom area of contacts. Ive attached a picture. Please help.. I love this skin, it worked for a bit then went dodgy :(

Try deleting the whole Snow Leopard skin (from C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins) and then re-download and install the skin and it should be okay
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by wta121 on 03-11-2009 at 08:59 PM

thanks, it's worked a charm

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 07-25-2009 at 01:08 PM

Update: I would like to announce that i will be working on a next version for this skin after the downloads hits 1 million.

Suggestions are welcome. :P

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-02-2009 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Update: I would like to announce that i will be working on a next version for this skin after the downloads hits 1 million.

backgrounds choices that will suite the theme. (example: Brushed Metal Title bar and brushed metal background for contact list)
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 08-06-2009 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Toxn
quote:

backgrounds choices that will suite the theme. (example: Brushed Metal Title bar and brushed metal background for contact list)

;) Here a preview for the next version:

go to the first post. :P

It's ready to be submit, but i want my million downloads first, which is pretty close. :P
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-06-2009 at 05:05 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

[Image: snowleopardwavebeta102.th.png]

It's ready to be submit, but i want my million downloads first, which is pretty close. :P
link doesn't work
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 08-06-2009 at 05:16 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

link doesn't work

sorry.

here -

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-06-2009 at 05:18 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Image: snowleopardwavebeta102.th.png]

link doesn't work

sorry.

here -

http://i26.tinypic.com/91c4dd.jpg

Image moved or deleted...
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.1 (WaveBETA) - created by coo by coolzee on 08-06-2009 at 05:19 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

link doesn't work

sorry.

here -

Image moved or deleted...

i was middle of editting, click on the link again.
RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.0 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-06-2009 at 05:23 PM

it looks nice!

RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Jstnfox on 08-07-2009 at 12:39 PM

Will there be a option to remove Personal Messages from the contact list? It gets kinda cluttered sometimes.

RE: RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 08-07-2009 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jstnfox
Will there be a option to remove Personal Messages from the contact list? It gets kinda cluttered sometimes.

Added: Remove Personal Message

ps. go to the first post for the latest screenshot. :D
RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-08-2009 at 02:52 PM

Ill definitly use this with my Snow Leopard themed XP
:)(Y)

RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Shiny Rabbit on 08-08-2009 at 04:23 PM

I just realised 1 of the shots in the preview was with me (the one in front whose name said "Marumaro-Noodles:D")

I will show this to my friend who seems to.. bum apple (not literally what with being a girl and all)

RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by jwjyy on 08-10-2009 at 08:22 AM

looks nice~

RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 08-19-2009 at 12:35 PM

Thanks for the 1 million downloads.

I've submitted the plus! skin, waiting for it to be in the Database.

Please report any bugs that you see, thanks. If you have any resource for my skin, that would be great. :D

RE: RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-19-2009 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Thanks for the 1 million downloads.

I've submitted the plus! skin, waiting for it to be in the Database.

Please report any bugs that you see, thanks. If you have any resource for my skin, that would be great. :D
(Y)

RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-23-2009 at 06:34 PM

could u upload a mirror while we wait for menthix?

RE: RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 08-25-2009 at 02:26 AM

quote:

is out now!

RE: RE: RE: [Preview] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-25-2009 at 03:01 AM

quote:
quote:

is out now!

yeah noticed.
brushed metal looks pretty good
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by TheWorldOfDHOOM on 08-26-2009 at 05:14 AM

Hi.
I just downloaded the theme, and I think it looks AWESOME.
However.
I cannot login to my MSN after installing the theme. I cannot un-install the theme without uninstalling the whole PLUS!, because I can't login.

Can you help me at all??

Thank you so much!

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 08-26-2009 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheWorldOfDHOOM
Hi.
However.
I cannot login to my MSN after installing the theme. I cannot un-install the theme without uninstalling the whole PLUS!, because I can't login.

Can you help me at all??

Thank you so much!

I've downloaded the theme from the skin database and installed it.

I manage to log in successfully. Maybe its internet/msn connection problem.

if its not it, just go to c:/program files/messenger plus! live/skins/

and just delete the snow leopard folder. Re-open your MSN and it will go back to the default look.
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by TheWorldOfDHOOM on 08-26-2009 at 04:53 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TheWorldOfDHOOM
Hi.
However.

Can you help me at all??

Thank you so much!

I've downloaded the theme from the skin database and installed it.

I manage to log in successfully. Maybe its internet/msn connection problem.

if its not it, just go to c:/program files/messenger plus! live/skins/

and just delete the snow leopard folder. Re-open your MSN and it will go back to the default look.
Okay, thank you.
It's not just your theme that does that to me, a bunch of the Willz ones do it too.
:) thank you for the help
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by iKingsten on 08-29-2009 at 02:47 AM

i was waiting for that skin a long time ago! :D
but actually i don't like one thing on the brushed metal theme: the contact list's and chat window's background looks a little bit "weird" could you make it the color without that "lines" ?
sorry for my terrible english :S

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-29-2009 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iKingsten
i was waiting for that skin a long time ago! :D
but actually i don't like one thing on the brushed metal theme: the contact list's and chat window's background looks a little bit "weird" could you make it the color without that "lines" ?
sorry for my terrible english :S

So that basicly becomes the leopard
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by iKingsten on 08-30-2009 at 04:26 PM

i don't really understand what you mean, but i mean that metallic color like the one mynetx used for 8.5 ...

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by Toxn on 08-30-2009 at 04:48 PM

http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/7-Apple-Live-Messenger/
like the one in the preview?

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by iKingsten on 08-30-2009 at 06:01 PM

yes, both would be great btw ;)
are you working with coolzee on that skin?

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 08-31-2009 at 11:51 PM

i know what you mean iKingsten, i'll work on that for the next version. It will be theme 4 for this skin. It will be out when its ready.

Toxn is not working with me on this skin. Its just me. :)

RE: RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by iKingsten on 09-01-2009 at 08:51 AM

quote:
i know what you mean iKingsten, i'll work on that for the next version. It will be theme 4 for this skin. It will be out when its ready.

Toxn is not working with me on this skin. Its just me. :)
that's some awesome news! :D i hope it will be coming out soon, because i really love it! :)
RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by wta121 on 09-21-2009 at 06:34 PM

That'd be great. The lined skin should really go as Apple hasnt used it for a year. Look at their site for some cool new themes..

RE: [Released] Snow Leopard 1.0.2 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee by coolzee on 11-07-2009 at 11:18 PM

Great News snow leopard skin users, i decided to update this skin.

Here a preview for v. 1.0.3:

[Image: 103preview.th.png]

released date: November 2009 hopefully... :D

RE: [Update Coming Soon] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by Toxn on 11-07-2009 at 11:31 PM

nothing says Snow Leopard like the actual visual style :D

looks good.

RE: [Update Coming Soon] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by coolzee on 11-15-2009 at 06:49 PM

I've submitted the skin to the db, here a screenshot if you cant not wait, http://i36.tinypic.com/bfkfue.jpg

RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by coolzee on 11-16-2009 at 11:59 PM

Is out! go to the skin db. :D windows 7 and vista users can now use the mac minmaxclose buttons. :D

ps. I'm working on WLM 8.5 Clone. :P

RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by Nagamasa on 11-17-2009 at 01:21 AM

From the screenshot, it looks nice! (I won't be downloading it, I'm just using Ev0 while I am 'on break' from skinning.)

RE: RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by Toxn on 11-17-2009 at 11:07 PM

quote:
ps. I'm working on WLM 8.5 Clone. :P

Good to hear. :)
RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by zensaber on 11-21-2009 at 07:47 PM

Thank you for making , and maintaining this skin, I really enjoy using it. I just can't stand the default one anymore. Keep up the good work.

RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by Furkann on 11-27-2009 at 08:36 PM

the exit minimize and maximize buttons are ale red :S?

CAN YOU HELP PLEESS (Y) ??

RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by HenryJS12 on 12-21-2009 at 07:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tony

I wondered why too.
RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by Spunky on 12-21-2009 at 08:30 AM

quote:
I wondered why too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Snow_Leopard
RE: RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by Fairthorne on 07-10-2010 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Furkann

i got that the first few times as well, but it has started working for me after opening and closing the window a few times. :)

When I maximize the any window, the min/max/close buttons go from apple theme back to normal windows 7 theme? help please?
RE: RE: RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by coolzee on 07-26-2010 at 09:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fairthorne
quote:
Originally posted by Furkann

i got that the first few times as well, but it has started working for me after opening and closing the window a few times. :)

When I maximize the any window, the min/max/close buttons go from apple theme back to normal windows 7 theme? help please?

There no fix for that at the moment. I don't think its possible, even Willz skins can't do that and hes better then me. :P

Sorry.

RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by psibernaut on 08-15-2010 at 01:12 AM

Lovely skin!

Any chance of an option to hide the ads? :-D

RE: RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by coolzee on 08-17-2010 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by psibernaut
Lovely skin!

Any chance of an option to hide the ads? :-D

There is an option to hide the ads, go to the skin directory and you'll find that option.

c:/program files/messenger plus! live/skins/snow leopard/

click on the file and restart wlm:)
RE: [Released] [Snow Leopard 1.0.3 (WaveBETA) - created by coolzee] by psibernaut on 08-18-2010 at 10:32 PM

Thanks Forcthe tip, coolzee!

I did as you advised and it looks much better without the distracting ads. :-)

>;-)