Shoutbox

Quality Music Video Need Opionion. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. (/showthread.php?tid=89391)

Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Steven on 02-26-2009 at 01:52 AM

What do you think of this video?

The music teacher only gave it 60% and we are complaining to the board of directors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrtRJ8pfnz0&fmt=18

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by MeEtc on 02-26-2009 at 02:05 AM

Honestly if it was here, the teacher would probably refuse to mark it at all due to the language (even if it is relatively mild).
Maybe if you could post the teacher's justification, and the marking criteria we could judge a bit better?

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Steven on 02-26-2009 at 02:22 AM

but what about the qaulity of the song.
we made the song beats and everything from scratch..

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by vaccination on 02-26-2009 at 08:28 AM

Yeah it's pretty shit...

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by ddunk on 02-26-2009 at 08:31 AM

and....?

we still don't know what the actual project is about.

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by ShawnZ on 02-26-2009 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven

The music teacher only gave it 60% and we are complaining to the board of directors.

wtf?
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Th3rmal on 02-26-2009 at 08:43 AM

I dunno, maybe im being abit harsh here...but half of it wasnt in-synch, the voice distortions were just annoying, and it didnt really have any tone. The video was just....weird. imo of course.
The lyrics were alright but the way you put the video together degraded the whole thing =/

Other than that, good job (Y) :P

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Lou on 02-26-2009 at 11:38 AM

I hate to say it, but the content of that is obviously not suitable for school. Just that by itself, imo, is enough to get you that mark. I'm sure you put work into the video, but you obviously didn't put a lot of work into picking a title, and words, that would be appropriate.

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by ShawnZ on 02-26-2009 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
I hate to say it, but the content of that is obviously not suitable for school. Just that by itself, imo, is enough to get you that mark. I'm sure you put work into the video, but you obviously didn't put a lot of work into picking a title, and words, that would be appropriate.

well the work is what they're supposed to be marking, not the choice of language :p
RE: RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Vimto on 02-26-2009 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
I dunno, maybe im being abit harsh here...but half of it wasnt in-synch

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
but the content of that is obviously not suitable for school. Just that by itself, imo, is enough to get you that mark.

I agree I think the whole thing would have been better if you had planned it out more, maybe asked for the mark scheme to work off? You would have got the marks you deserved :)

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Steven on 02-26-2009 at 12:57 PM

the video we submitted was a clean version. It wasn't called douche bags, i think it was wannabes or something like that. I would like constructive criticism and i appreciate everything you guys said. Yeah we just rushed it out on youtube we could've synced it better. Oh you didn't like the electronic voices? I thought they were cool :)

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Menthix on 02-26-2009 at 01:05 PM

quote:
The music teacher only gave it 60%
That's more than 50%, so you didn't eve fail, correct?

Hard to say anything about it if we don't know what the assignment was and what the teacher said about it.

quote:
but what about the qaulity of the song.
we made the song beats and everything from scratch.
Repetitive and not very creative.

quote:
Oh you didn't like the electronic voices? I thought they were cool
But you knew you were getting a grade from a music teacher, not a sound editor teacher.

Lolz (from same user): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp06JCJEIC4
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by vaccination on 02-26-2009 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
and....?

we still don't know what the actual project is about.
It's a music project, musically it was crap. No rhythm, lyrics were out of time constantly. You used a simple repeated drum line made from a drum machine. The electronic voices were ridiculous and added nothing to the piece, other than that the only melody you had was a repeated line on the keyboard - you used about 5 or 6 notes in the entire piece, barely, if any, any chords[I don't have time to properly analyse it now]. Your voices were weak and could have done with some post-processing[none of that techno crap] done on them to make them sound stronger if none of you have singing(rapping) voices.

It was very basic, and I'm sure your teacher knows how to mark a piece, so complaining to the examination centre will get you nowhere, might even drop your grade as they're usually a lot harsher than your teachers.

---
Also, what are you on about by 'board of directors'?
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Th3rmal on 02-26-2009 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Also, what are you on about by 'board of directors'?

Im not sure if its the same for them, but in our Year 12, we have marked coursework which goes towards our ENTER score, and if you think the mark you have gotten is completely wack, you can request for it to be remarked by another examiner, at a cost. This could be the same thing?
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by vaccination on 02-26-2009 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal

Im not sure if its the same for them, but in our Year 12, we have marked coursework which goes towards our ENTER score, and if you think the mark you have gotten is completely wack, you can request for it to be remarked by another examiner, at a cost. This could be the same thing?

That's what I assumed but, examiners != board of directors =p
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by djdannyp on 02-26-2009 at 08:26 PM

He probably means the school's board of directors, taking it above the teacher kinda thing.

It really is abysmal though, I'd have been pleased with 60% for something like that!  All the previous comments are spot on.  The subject matter, lyrics, language, beat, effects, video......they're all terrible.

I would go to the board of directors if i were you....and say that the teachers clearly aren't doing their job if a) they've taught you to do things like that and b) they mark it at 60% :P

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by ShawnZ on 02-26-2009 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
It really is abysmal though, I'd have been pleased with 60% for something like that!  All the previous comments are spot on.  The subject matter, lyrics, language, beat, effects, video......they're all terrible.

students' work is expected to be pretty shit in general :p
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Steven on 02-26-2009 at 10:05 PM

well constructive criticism aside, what about it just as a first video that was not for school purposes, just for fun. how was it then?

Anyways we convinced the teacher to mark it again and she liked our cleaner version better and we have a 75% now. For our first time i think its good. Also we just needed an account so we put it on samberns
the user that made it was actually aaronaltersaccount and sam just made lyrics. meh we were bored and we will make more ones and take more time with it.

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Lou on 02-26-2009 at 10:44 PM

quote:
and she liked our cleaner version better
quote:
the video we submitted was a clean version.
Contradiction much?
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Steven on 02-26-2009 at 10:51 PM

Even Cleaner  like took out rubbing and stuff

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Nathan on 02-26-2009 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
What the FUCK was he doing with the pumpkin :/. Using it as a buttplug?
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Lou on 02-26-2009 at 11:14 PM

In all honesty, you should be at least showing us the video that was submitted, not another version. We can't sit here imagining what the submitted one looks like.

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by vaccination on 02-27-2009 at 08:21 AM

quote:
well constructive criticism aside, what about it just as a first video that was not for school purposes, just for fun. how was it then?
..you're kidding...
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Steven on 02-27-2009 at 01:03 PM

Yeah, im kidding.......................

but lets pretend im not

RE: RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Vimto on 02-27-2009 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Even Cleaner  like took out rubbing and stuff

[Image: heh.gif]

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix

First though.. WTF .. but funny none the less :P

This is just disturbing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIvxyDZAxc&feature=channel_page
RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by Steven on 02-27-2009 at 01:19 PM

Lol yeah that one fursure isnt going to see the light of day in the class rooms as far as i know :P

RE: Quality Music Video Need Opionion. by MC Inferno on 03-29-2009 at 06:43 PM

He asked for feedback on video, not content or music, although personally, I didn't like the music nethier.

As for video, err, yeah 60% seems fair. Basic editing and camera techiques... nothing particulary special but I hope the appeal goes ok for you. Maybe next time, throw in things at the end, such as a storyboard that was designed or something. Because its end of the video doesnt mean its end of your project.