Shoutbox

Cant hear the wife - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Cant hear the wife (/showthread.php?tid=89444)

Cant hear the wife by rejo on 03-01-2009 at 12:18 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.
At the moment I'm working in the States and want to chat with my wife who is in Holland. Im using messenger live which works fine but the proplem were having is that my wife can here me perfectly but i can only here her if shes almost shouting into the mike on her laptop.
As she's not the most intelligent person (LOL) has anyone got a clue for me to tell her where to start looking or what setting to alter.
The picture is fine on both laptops ,both have built in camera and microphone. I told her to try an old mike/headset but it was still the same problem. Its almost as if the volume wants turning up on my laptop but its at full or the recording level wants turning up at her end.
Any tips or hints would be appreciated.
Cheers.

RE: Cant hear the wife by ShawnZ on 03-01-2009 at 12:25 AM

well, the volume dial in the conversation window above the microphone icon on her side might be a place to start

RE: Cant hear the wife by Adeptus on 03-01-2009 at 03:14 AM

This is just a recommendation and not necessarily advice to solve your problem -- if your main interest is voice/video chats,  get Skype.  The quality will be far superior to anything you can get from WLM and it usually just works. 

You may also be interested in SkypeOut service, which allows you to call a telephone from your Skype.  SkypeOut isn't free and the rates vary depending on the country you are calling, but are usually in line with cheap international calling cards, Jajah etc. -- about as low as you can get.