Shoutbox

9.0 Convo Window: Keeping DP in "Small Mode" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: 9.0 Convo Window: Keeping DP in "Small Mode" (/showthread.php?tid=89476)

9.0 Convo Window: Keeping DP in "Small Mode" by Nagamasa on 03-03-2009 at 04:01 AM

Yeah the new display picture area in 9.0 takes A LOT of room, especially when your resolution isn't that high.

But then, Messenger comes with a size option for display pictures, but for some reason, it doesn't save it, which pretty much renders it useless anyways.

Is this a bug, or are there any workarounds?

RE: 9.0 Convo Window: Keeping DP in "Small Mode" by Chris4 on 03-03-2009 at 04:16 AM

I thought you could only choose the size option for the contacts list (Tools > Options > Layout), not the conversation window?

How about using a skin? I'm using LTD and in the top section of the conversation it shows a preview of the display picture, as you can see:

[Image: LTD_small.jpg]

You could then hide the main display pictures and just use the smaller one at the top. :)

RE: 9.0 Convo Window: Keeping DP in "Small Mode" by blessedguy on 03-03-2009 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I thought you could only choose the size option for the contacts list (Tools > Options > Layout), not the conversation window?
ConvoWindows have Small and Medium as options...
RE: 9.0 Convo Window: Keeping DP in "Small Mode" by oxi on 05-14-2009 at 02:27 AM

i'm having the same problem..   there is an option for changing the display picture smaller in the convo window but u have to do it for every convo and once u close it the new one that pops up will have a medium sized dp again. anybody know a workaround?