Shoutbox

Cant send sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Cant send sounds (/showthread.php?tid=89505)

Cant send sounds by Mordeaki on 03-05-2009 at 01:09 AM

hi..

when i send a sound, the other person cant hear it, and this message apears in the chat window

***internal**[Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{3ADCD071182B} - ai fdx!!                                    

the same sounds i can send them in the notebook.

can someone explain me what to do?

RE: Cant send sounds by robert_dll on 03-05-2009 at 04:12 AM

If a personalized emoticon appears when you send a sound try changing its shortcut.

RE: Cant send sounds by BigCheese on 03-05-2009 at 10:41 AM

Are you sure the other person has msgplus installed?

RE: Cant send sounds by Joshua on 03-05-2009 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BigCheese
I think it doesn't matter, as my friend doesn't have MSGPlus! installed, and he hears the sounds I send perfectly.
RE: RE: Cant send sounds by Vilkku on 03-05-2009 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
quote:
Originally posted by BigCheese
I think it doesn't matter, as my friend doesn't have MSGPlus! installed, and he hears the sounds I send perfectly.
Your contacts have to have Plus! installed for the sounds to work, it even says so when you send them.
RE: Cant send sounds by Mashi on 03-05-2009 at 03:49 PM

I've got the same problem. I am not able to send sounds. Former it was possible. But from one day to another it doesn't work anymore.

I've tried to deinstall everything and make everything new but it doesn't work.

I don't know wher the error should be.

Can you help me?

PS: My friends have MsgPlus too. my husband is able to send the sounds and a friend of mine has the same problem like I have.
Former she could send the sounds but now it doesn't work.

RE: Cant send sounds by CookieRevised on 03-06-2009 at 09:19 AM

The culprint is a known conflict with emoticons shortcuts. A simple search on the forum for "[Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{" will show many threads which give you the solution.

So make sure you don't have any shortcuts to custom emoticons which might conflict with the special string which is used by Messenger Plus! to send sounds.

For example, if you have a custom emoticon with the shortcuts "!" or "{" or "}" or "[" or "]" or "*" or any other character or character combination which is in the special sound string which is used by Messenger Plus!, it will conflict with it.

So, change the shorcut to all those specific emoticons and it will work again.

Also make sure you have downloaded the latest version from the official website: http://www.msgpluslive.com/. This interfearance should have been fixed in the latest version.

And make sure you did not tamper with Messenger itself or that you are running some patch which might change some localization resources in Messenger.

It is a bad idea to use emoticons for normal alphabetical letters anyways. It quite often is also very annoying to your contacts.

EDIT: like robert_dll already hinted at.... (I should've read better)...

RE: Cant send sounds by Mashi on 03-06-2009 at 11:15 AM

But at first it works very well!

From one day to another it was over.

What could be the reason for this?