Shoutbox

[Release] SilverGlazz 2009 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=89516)

[Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by LuckyMe on 03-05-2009 at 09:19 PM

Heya!

After a lot of time I can finally say I have a versión of SilverGlazz for Messenger 9(14), Iīm proud to say this is one of the 10 most downloaded skins ever and thatīs a powerful reason to make SilverGlazz even better.

But whatīs new in the skin?... well basically it has been graphically redesigned, has a new option panel, new fonts to choose... well the main thing is that it is now fully working on Messenger 9 :)

In a personal note I want to say thanks to Willz who helped me out when code was too tricky for my knowledge, to felipEx for reporting some bugs and give some ideas and of course to Patchou and his team specially for the tablet I won a few months ago, also to Messenger Plus! Spanish community. So this work is dedicated to all of them :) and I hope you guys have lots of fun with the skin.

Here is a screenie so you can see for your own, download links is just ahead:

[Image: 2ujjdp1.png]

DOWNLOAD

RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by coolzee on 03-05-2009 at 09:38 PM

Finally..lol

Looks great.

Congrats.

:D

RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by Andylongi on 03-05-2009 at 09:54 PM

Wonderful to have it back it was always one of my favorite skins thanks for updating it! (Y)

RE: RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by LuckyMe on 03-06-2009 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Wonderful to have it back it was always one of my favorite skins thanks for updating it! (Y)

Youīre welcome, Iīm glad u guys like it :D
RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by James Potter on 03-06-2009 at 06:44 PM

Looks good, but I kind of believe the concept of the skin is inspired off Batman: The DarKnight, by Willz? I mean, look at the bottom of the contact list, (could be inverted colours of Willz's skin's bottom part). Moreover, the background used looks quite similar to Willz's own. Still this is such a great skin, and I believe that you have put great effort into it. Good job. (Y)

RE: RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by LuckyMe on 03-06-2009 at 08:16 PM

If I have to compare both skins I would say maybe the logon window background is the only part where they look similar, of course Willzīs designs have always inspired my work and Batman is one of my favourite skins ever but I still think they are too different, maybe at the beggining I was thinking about making a dark skin like Batman or Oil Slick but someway somehow this became something different, however the skin is made from scratch just if anyone thinks something else :P.

Aniway thanks for ur comment :D

RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by Basilis on 03-06-2009 at 09:18 PM

Nice skin!

RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by SpiritSharD on 03-07-2009 at 10:52 AM

Hey,

Just downloaded the skin. Must say, it's really good! :D

I'm having one small problem though, which I hope you may be able to help me with. Basically, on the site where I downloaded the skin from, it said that I can change the colour. On your screenshot, the login screen, chat window and contacts list are blue. But mine is red/black.

I was wondering HOW I go about changing it so it's just black, as I only really like black skins (suits my desktop picture and internet browser colours).

So yeah, if you could tell me how, that would be great.

(And just incase I don't visit these forums again, could you please email your reply to kirkwood93@live.co.uk)

RE: RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by LuckyMe on 03-07-2009 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritSharD
Hey,

Just downloaded the skin. Must say, it's really good! :D

I'm having one small problem though, which I hope you may be able to help me with. Basically, on the site where I downloaded the skin from, it said that I can change the colour. On your screenshot, the login screen, chat window and contacts list are blue. But mine is red/black.

I was wondering HOW I go about changing it so it's just black, as I only really like black skins (suits my desktop picture and internet browser colours).

So yeah, if you could tell me how, that would be great.

(And just incase I don't visit these forums again, could you please email your reply to kirkwood93@live.co.uk)

Well Iīm glad u like the skin but iīm afraid thereīs a problem with colorization on Messenger 9 I mean, in the previous version you can use any color u want but when in messenger 9 not all them work properly, specially dark colors, so I think thatīs messenger fault and thereīs nothing we can do about that, perhaps someone from MPlus! can give a better explanation for that I think :P

RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by robert_dll on 03-07-2009 at 09:24 PM

I think it's like if you set colorization to black and the background is blue, you will get a nice red background :P

RE: RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by LuckyMe on 03-07-2009 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll
I think it's like if you set colorization to black and the background is blue, you will get a nice red background :P

Yeah itīs a strange behavior, when u choose a dar color it becomes like that, first I thought it was only with my skin but it also happens in EVO for example so I wonder if Plus! has something to do with that :S
RE: RE: RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by djdannyp on 03-08-2009 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LuckyMe
quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll

Yeah itīs a strange behavior, when u choose a dar color it becomes like that, first I thought it was only with my skin but it also happens in EVO for example so I wonder if Plus! has something to do with that :S

It's a WLM bug, not a Plus one

Set the colour to black, then hover over the colour picker where the corner rolls back and you'll see that it's showing red
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by LuckyMe on 03-08-2009 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

It's a WLM bug, not a Plus one

Set the colour to black, then hover over the colour picker where the corner rolls back and you'll see that it's showing red

Well I didnīt mean a bug from Plus!, I mean if they can fix that :P
RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by robert_dll on 03-08-2009 at 07:46 PM

The same happens with white *-)

RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by Bastian on 03-09-2009 at 08:16 PM

This is such a great skin

I love how it looks now much better than the old version :$

Quick question, where is the thing to remove the ADded incovenients?

thanx

RE: [Release] SilverGlazz 2009 by LuckyMe on 03-10-2009 at 08:53 PM

Did u take a look at the skin folder? ^o)
look for a .reg file, itīs right there