Shoutbox

Homepage - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Homepage (/showthread.php?tid=89519)

Homepage by rejo on 03-06-2009 at 04:14 AM

Is it possible to have the msn homepage always as msn.co.uk no matter which country I log into msn on. Done a search but nothing came up. Not a big problem its just annoying.

RE: Homepage by Moh on 03-06-2009 at 08:04 AM

Yes, it is. If you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools> Internet Options> General and then type in the Homepage field www.msn.co.uk.

RE: Homepage by djdannyp on 03-06-2009 at 08:37 AM

I think he's talking about the 'Windows Live Today' page that comes up when you log into Messenger, as opposed to the internet explorer homepage

As far as I know the page that comes up is defined by the language version of WLM installed

RE: Homepage by rejo on 03-07-2009 at 12:04 AM

Thanks for the replies, yes its the windows live today page that I'm trying to sort out.
I live in Holland and my windows is the english version so its not related to the language that windows is running in because I get the dutch live today page , at this moment I'm in St Louis and I've got the american live page.
Any tips/hints.

RE: Homepage by Spunky on 03-07-2009 at 12:08 AM

It's most likely IP based. You could always try connecting WLM via a proxy server

RE: RE: Homepage by djdannyp on 03-07-2009 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rejo
Thanks for the replies, yes its the windows live today page that I'm trying to sort out.
I live in Holland and my windows is the english version so its not related to the language that windows is running in because I get the dutch live today page , at this moment I'm in St Louis and I've got the american live page.
Any tips/hints.

is it the same computer in all places?

if so then it must be related to what ip address or service provider you're using....in which case there's not much you can do about it, except possibly messing around with proxies....but i really don't think it's worth the hassle just for the windows live today page