Shoutbox

Help me get back all my contacts :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Help me get back all my contacts :( (/showthread.php?tid=89544)

Help me get back all my contacts :( by Th3rmal on 03-08-2009 at 01:22 PM

I accidentally deleted all my WLM contacts from my phone, and i have no idea how to get them back.

I have chatlogs (which obviously show the contacts emails, and i was wondering, can anyone make like a small script or something to read off the chatlog names and add them as a contact to my WLM?

Thanks

RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Moh on 03-08-2009 at 01:33 PM

Why dont you go to Contact List Clean-up> Show contacts who have you> Mark them all and then Add to list?

RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Th3rmal on 03-08-2009 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
Why dont you go to Contact List Clean-up> Show contacts who have you> Mark them all and then Add to list?
I (l) you

but i cant mark them all, i have to do it one by one...still better than what i had in mind.

And again, <3
RE: RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Moh on 03-08-2009 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
quote:
I (l) you

but i cant mark them all, i have to do it one by one...still better than what i had in mind.

And again, <3
You dont :P. Click on the first contact then Shift+End and now you got them all marked.
RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Th3rmal on 03-08-2009 at 01:41 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
I (l) you

And again, <3
You dont :P. Click on the first contact then Shift+End and now you got them all marked.
tried that, didnt work
RE: RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by djdannyp on 03-08-2009 at 01:45 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I (l) you

And again, <3
tried that, didnt work

Something's up then, because that works on mine
RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Th3rmal on 03-08-2009 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I (l) you

And again, <3
tried that, didnt work

Something's up then, because that works on mine
Doesnt matter anyway, they are all back now (Y)
RE: Contacts problem by Vancity on 03-09-2009 at 09:16 PM

I am sorry if I am in the wrong thread, but when I install Window Live Messenger, it worked a few days ago, but now when I load messenger, and on my screen interface, I don't see my contacts. It just a blank page, but it still has all it buttons, banner. but my actual contact list is not showing. I can't do anything.  Please help.

Vancity

RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Chris4 on 03-09-2009 at 09:23 PM

Vancity, if you log onto Web Messenger, are your contacts there?

This will tell us whether or not your contacts are a) hidden or b) deleted.

Try reinstalling WLM. This can be done by a) Removing WLM in Add/Remove Programs, then downloading and installing or b) If you have Messenger Plus! Live, go to it in Add/Remove Programs, then choose the option to reinstall WLM.

Remove an add-ons for Windows Live Messenger which may be conflicting, if you have any.

RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Vancity on 03-09-2009 at 09:30 PM

when i log in, my contacts are not there, everything else is but my contacts. its just a blank page where i cant click anywhere within the blank. i can click all other buttons like the tabs and links

RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Moh on 03-09-2009 at 09:39 PM

Please follow Chris' instructions and also provide us with your version of Windows Live Messenger. "Help> About Messenger"

RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Vancity on 03-10-2009 at 05:19 AM

hahah, thats the funny thing, when i went to see what version I had, it won't pop to tell me the info. Im just going to uninstall and then reinstall it. I'll let u know.

RE: Help me get back all my contacts :( by Vancity on 03-10-2009 at 05:50 AM

well i did what chris instructed to do, but still having that problem and finding the version doesnt work too. It weird, it worked like all morning, but then in the afternoon, the contacts disappeared.