Shoutbox

PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) (/showthread.php?tid=89568)

PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-09-2009 at 04:20 PM

Some of shortcuts on chat tab dissapeared like winkws etc. I'm begginer so i dont know how to solve this problem. If this will help it only remain a emoticons shortcut! Sorry for the dictionary mistakes i wrote quickly!!!

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by Moh on 03-09-2009 at 06:27 PM

What are the exactly missing icons? Do you use a certain skin? Do you have any other add-ons installed?

We would be grateful if you would post a screenshot...

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-09-2009 at 08:37 PM

I dont remmeber... winks and another one... and you will laugh me... i dont know how to make a screenshot i think it is on the button Print Screen SysRq but i tried it isnt ... it was been long i not screenshoted screen... please dont laugh to me!!! I forgot!!!

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by djdannyp on 03-09-2009 at 08:51 PM

Are the icons missing or just greyed out?

To make a screenshot:

Press print screen button
Open paint
Press Ctrl+V
File>Save As
Select 'JPG' from the dropdown box
Click save

Then upload as an attachment in your message here

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-10-2009 at 12:01 PM

Thanks both of you

Ok moh zayadi i sent you my screenshot

RE: RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by djdannyp on 03-10-2009 at 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dimitrije2212
Thanks both of you

Ok moh zayadi i sent you my screenshot

Post the screenshot on here so everyone can see it and help you
RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by Moh on 03-10-2009 at 04:26 PM

As for the provided screenshot, you cant send winks to appearing offline contacts. Moreover I dont know whether you can send winks to yahoo contacts or not. As for the nudges icon, are you sure "Allow me to send and receive nudges" is enabled in the Messenger options?

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by djdannyp on 03-10-2009 at 06:17 PM

That is normal behaviour for yahoo contacts.....the interoperability of the chat protocols doesn't allow for nudges or winks or any such like.

So there isn't any problem with your messenger :)

If you click on any @hotmail, @live or @msn contacts then you'll see the full range of icons at the bottom.

Also, you're posting in the wrong section.

Your enquiries are relating to Windows Live Messenger and should be posted here.

You do not have Messenger Plus! Live installed :)

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-10-2009 at 07:55 PM

For winks i dont know and that stuff about yahoo but i checked the nudges they do not appear both of @hotmail and @live contacts!!! Maybe the re-installation will fix it but i don't know!!! For such a little problem to re-installing all the programs i don't know. And djdannyp i have a Messenger Plus! Live. So, i dont know what is the problem. Even if we will not find a problem, i will survive without the winks and nudges. Anyway, thanks a lot because you are interested in my problem!!!

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by djdannyp on 03-10-2009 at 08:00 PM

Your screenshot would suggest that you don't have Messenger Plus! Live installed, you obviously have something conflicting with it.

Do you have SweetIM, SmileyCentral, Kiwee or Threatfire installed?  These are all known to conflict with Messenger Plus! Live

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-10-2009 at 08:06 PM

And djdannyp how i can use that attachment or how did you say it??? I newer heard for that attachment. I don't know because i'm not from your country and this is my first time in the Forums of other countries. I'm good at English in my school but i never heard that word.
And your message is came to me when i was writing this message no i don't have any of that programs.

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by djdannyp on 03-10-2009 at 08:10 PM

When you post a message there is a box at the bottom that says 'Attachment' and a 'Browse' button next to it to find a file on your computer to attach to your message, like a screenshot.

Do you definitely have Messenger Plus! Live installed?  Try downloading it again from here and installing it.

When it's installed you should see an icon like this: :plus4: on your contact list next to the e-mail button.

If it doesn't show up, please post a screenshot of your 'Add/Remove Programs' so that we can see what is conflicting with Messenger Plus! Live

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-10-2009 at 08:14 PM

Here!Thanks a lot!

Well you can't see but this is an @hotmail contact.
Yes i see it i remember i installed a newest version 4.80!So, that can't be it.
RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by djdannyp on 03-10-2009 at 08:16 PM

That's not your Add/Remove Programs

did you try to re-install Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live?

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-10-2009 at 08:21 PM

Yes i tried that of course

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by Moh on 03-10-2009 at 08:38 PM

Please go to Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs and post a screenshot of all the programs there as there might be something conflicting with Plus!.

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-11-2009 at 12:40 PM

Hey men i solved problem, i sent you a screenshots of offline contacts is that right? But on the online contacts i have and winks and nudges. Anyway thanks a lot because you were interested in my problem. Thanks, thanks, thanks a lot, lot, lot, lot, and hundreds times thanks a lot. I will post a screenshot thanks.

Here thanks a lot
Sorry for the Serbian on the screenshot i'm from Serbia.xaxa
RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by djdannyp on 03-11-2009 at 01:46 PM

That screenshot still doesn't show your Add/Remove Programs.

If you have Messenger Plus! Live installed then it is not working properly.

Are you certain that you have it installed?

If so then please post a screenshot of your Add/Remove Programs so that we can find out which program is conflicting with Messenger Plus! Live

PS: Please refain from posting two or three times in a row....instead, just edit your last post to add the new information

RE: RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by dimitrije2212 on 03-12-2009 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Hey men i solved problem, i sent you a screenshots of offline contacts is that right? But on the online contacts i have and winks and nudges. Anyway thanks a lot because you were interested in my problem. Thanks, thanks, thanks a lot, lot, lot, lot, and hundreds times thanks a lot. I will post a screenshot thanks.

Here thanks a lot
i think you didn't saw this post djdanyp?!
RE: RE: RE: PLEASE HELP!!! (missing shortcuts on chat tab) by djdannyp on 03-12-2009 at 03:46 PM

quote:
quote:

Here thanks a lot
i think you didn't saw this post djdanyp?!

that is a screenshot of your chat window.......i'm asking for a screenshot of your Add/Remove Programs......the list of programs that you get in the control panel, like this:

[Image: AddRemovePrograms.gif]

Your problem isn't solved because your Messenger Plus! Live doesn't work

We need to see a list of your programs to help us find out which one is incompatible with Messenger Plus! Live