Shoutbox

2009, change window colors of conversations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: 2009, change window colors of conversations (/showthread.php?tid=89621)

2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-11-2009 at 09:52 PM

i am using 2009 and i like the normal skin but: the people that use an old version are all blue windows.. can i change that?

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-11-2009 at 09:58 PM

No, the colour of the conversation window relates to the colour of the other person's messenger.

If they change their messenger colour to something else (even if they're using 8.5) it will change the colour of the conversation window

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by matty on 03-11-2009 at 10:02 PM

You can still do it.

Javascript code:
var oDirectUIDefaultColour = 0x891C;
var oDirectUIStatusColour9 = {
                             1 : oDirectUIDefaultColour+11, // offline
                             3 : oDirectUIDefaultColour+10,  // online
                             4 : oDirectUIDefaultColour+5,  // busy
                             5 : oDirectUIDefaultColour+4,  // away
                             6 : oDirectUIDefaultColour+4,  // away
                             7 : oDirectUIDefaultColour+4,  // away
                             8 : oDirectUIDefaultColour+5,  // busy
                             9 : oDirectUIDefaultColour+4   // away
                            }

function OnEvent_Initialize(bMessengerStart) {
    OnEvent_SigninReady();
}

function OnEvent_SigninReady(sEmail) {
    if (Messenger.MyStatus === 0) return;
    for (var oChatWnd = new Enumerator(Messenger.CurrentChats); !oChatWnd.atEnd(); oChatWnd.moveNext()) {
        OnEvent_ChatWndCreated(oChatWnd.item());
    }
}

function OnEvent_ChatWndCreated(pChatWnd) {
    if (pChatWnd.Contacts.Count !== 1) return;
    for (var oContact = new Enumerator(pChatWnd.Contacts); !oContact.atEnd(); oContact.moveNext()) {
        Interop.Call('user32', 'SendMessageW', pChatWnd.Handle, 0x111 /* WM_COMMAND */, oDirectUIStatusColour9[oContact.item().Status], 0);
    }
}

function OnEvent_ChatWndDestroyed(pChatWnd) {
    Interop.Call('user32', 'SendMessageW', pChatWnd.Handle, 0x111 /* WM_COMMAND */, oDirectUIDefaultColour, 0);
}

function OnEvent_ContactStatusChange(sEmail, nNewStatus) {
    for (var oChatWnd = new Enumerator(Messenger.CurrentChats); !oChatWnd.atEnd(); oChatWnd.moveNext()) {
        if (oChatWnd.item().Contacts.GetContact(sEmail) != null) {
            Interop.Call('user32', 'SendMessageW', oChatWnd.item().Handle, 0x111 /* WM_COMMAND */, oDirectUIStatusColour9[nNewStatus], 0);
        }
    }
}

function OnEvent_ContactSignout(sEmail) {
    OnEvent_ContactStatusChange(sEmail, 1);
}

function OnEvent_ContactSignin(sEmail) {
    OnEvent_ContactStatusChange(sEmail, Messenger.MyContacts.GetContact(sEmail).Status);
}

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-11-2009 at 10:14 PM

thank you so much:$ now i feel stupid, can you tell me where i add this or where i can read how to do it? that would be so kind, and cool! thanks... buffy

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-11-2009 at 10:43 PM

Download this attachment and double click it

It will change the colour of the conversation window to match the status of the contact.......pale green for available, pale yellow for away, pale red for busy, etc

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-11-2009 at 10:55 PM

ah, thats cute, but i dont really like this pale;) thank you so much thou ill keep it till i find something else...

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-11-2009 at 11:02 PM

well i like it...i'm using it right now!

cheers matty

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-11-2009 at 11:04 PM

i lost track, is that script from matty the same thing then the skript you posted dj? can i change the colors used for every status?

RE: RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-11-2009 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -Buffy
i lost track, is that script from matty the same thing then the skript you posted dj? can i change the colors used for every status?

yes, i just packed the script up so it was easier for you to install.

if you understand the code you can change the colours to whatever you want using the bits at the top
RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-11-2009 at 11:19 PM

ah sweet! so the colors are 4 5 10 and 11? and ill just change them? ill go ahead and try that...

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-11-2009 at 11:22 PM

Yes, the colours are all based on the default WLM colour however, so whatever you change the number to, it will still be a pale colour

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-11-2009 at 11:23 PM

nice... but are there more then 11 colors? how does that work?

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-11-2009 at 11:26 PM

ah i see now, where they are from, thank u so much people! i learned something today, cheers from germany

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by Nagamasa on 03-12-2009 at 02:04 AM

You can change the colour of the 8.5 peoples' windows by right-clicking their display name in the conversation window, and select Use the default scene.

However, then the 9.0 people's windows would look the same.

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by insider on 03-12-2009 at 03:03 AM

^o) is true. Furthermore, it is not more easy wiht a skin. it could put any color :P. even change the default scene. (H)   

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-12-2009 at 11:37 AM

yea it sucks a bit. i mean to totally like the u see my scene and i see urs so i dont want to change that. but people are slow and dont update... and even then they might not care about the scene...

RE: RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-12-2009 at 11:40 AM

quote:
yea it sucks a bit. i mean to totally like the u see my scene and i see urs so i dont want to change that. but people are slow and dont update... and even then they might not care about the scene...

that code doesn't prevent scenes from showing from people who have WLM 2009

I'm not sure if it stops the colours showing from people on 8.5 who have a colour set other than default blue
RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-12-2009 at 11:46 AM

oh yea, i am using your code right now:)
but if i would add some other skin it might.. well i am not sure about that also but none of my friends seem to have changed there color then, i really dont like the blue... or the normal pale colors, they are much better but still boring...

hey something else, i am trying to add a pic as my skin but it just so hard to get the right size, it keeps making it so much bigger, is it possible to find the pics of the existing skins in the files?

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by matty on 03-12-2009 at 12:38 PM

The script is based off of what I initially posted for 8.5 DirectUIStatusColour v0.1

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-12-2009 at 12:52 PM

yea its nice but i really want to get rid of the pale

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by insider on 03-12-2009 at 02:44 PM

can replace only the colors by default and the default scene. this is facil. and without affecting those with different scenes.

if you are creating a skin, you do  should know do this

skininfo.xml

replace the default scene, by the picture you want.

XML code:

<Replace>
<Graphics>
<Pictures>

<Picture Id="664">
<File>Images/664.png</File>
<Metadata>
<Colorize>false</Colorize>
</Metadata>
</Picture>

</Pictures>
</Graphics>
</Replace>

create new colors.
determine the values rgb color

XML code:

<New>

<Colors>

<Color Id="59500"><R>0</R><G>0</G><B>0</B></Color>

</Colors>

</New>

msgres_style_920.txt

XML code:

element[id=atom(imtaskbarcontainer)]
{
foreground:rcclr("msgr",20100);
background:rcclr("msgr",20102);
}

and change to

XML code:

element[id=atom(imtaskbarcontainer)]
{
foreground:rcclr("msgr",20100);
background:rcclr("msgr",59500);
}

XML code:

Element[ID=atom(WindowBarBG)]
{
background:rcclr("msgr",652);

and change to

XML code:

Element[ID=atom(WindowBarBG)]
{
background:rcclr("msgr",59500);

with this. you  changed default values of the upper

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-15-2009 at 11:14 AM

thank u so much, but that is over my knowledge... i guess i can live with the blue windows and i will try to teach me some XML asap...

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-15-2009 at 11:35 AM

ok, i finally got into the skin xml. but not to the standard messenger look. is there like a clear version somewhere were i can try these things on?

RE: RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-15-2009 at 11:37 AM

quote:
ok, i finally got into the skin xml. but not to the standard messenger look. is there like a clear version somewhere were i can try these things on?

What do you mean a clean version?

Any skin resources that you extract will be for the Messenger version that you are running
RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-15-2009 at 11:46 AM

well i wanted to change just some things in the standard skin but i cant find the skininfo.xml for that one. just for skins i have downloaded. but i dont want to make my little changes on the base of an exiting differend skin...
and i could not find anything the the documentary about how to create a skin because they are all for 8.5.
i thought maybe this skininfo.xml for the normal standard is hidden or possible to dl somewhere... (sorry i dont know if this is understandable my english and my computer knowledge is not perfect;))

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-15-2009 at 11:48 AM

You have to create your own SkinInfo and replace the various resources, which you can edit after extracting them.

Read the Skinning Documentation for information on how to get started.

You get the skinning documentation by doing to Messenger Plus! Live preferences and options, then on the 'Customize!' tab, then onto 'Skins' and click 'Documentation'

You will also need to click 'Extract Resources'

RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-15-2009 at 11:57 AM

darn i was so off, i got to the documentary but it is the same i dl before, just for 8.5.
but i found this whole extracting thing. i did that but have know idea what to do with the extracting report.
is there any 2009 help?

RE: RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by djdannyp on 03-15-2009 at 12:28 PM

quote:
darn i was so off, i got to the documentary but it is the same i dl before, just for 8.5.
but i found this whole extracting thing. i did that but have know idea what to do with the extracting report.
is there any 2009 help?

The documentation is for 2009 as well as 8.5.......there's no difference in how you skin them.

The extracting report is just telling you which files were extracted succesfully.

Read the 'your first skin' part of the documentation and follow it step by step and you should start to get somewhere
RE: 2009, change window colors of conversations by -Buffy on 03-15-2009 at 12:36 PM

thanks, but the skidn for 8.5 dont work on 2009. the example doesnt either. it doesnt show any of the needed strings insider posted before. i guess i will give up for now. but thanks anyway.
i am still thankful for any ideas...