Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox (/showthread.php?tid=89625)

Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox by Jstnfox on 03-12-2009 at 10:15 AM

Can someone please make the Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox skin compatible with WLM 9.

And Please people can you start making more skins because at the moment there isnt a very big range to choose from. And some of the ones that are available havent got many new features etc...

So Please Start Updating and Building new skins!

RE: Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox by Eddie on 03-12-2009 at 10:59 AM

What was that skin :S Give me a link?

And just be patient, as people figure out the changes and things skins will start popping up, just give it time (Y)

RE: Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox by Moh on 03-12-2009 at 11:45 AM

That is the skin he is talking about. :)

Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox 1.00

RE: Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox by James Potter on 03-12-2009 at 01:52 PM

Firstly, it takes loads of effort for the skinners to create/update their skins, as they need to have a fair/better understanding of how the (new) skinning system works.
Secondly, skins do not present us with "new features", however, they present us with a different layout. What presents us with new features are known as scripts. :)

Just my two pennies. (yn)

RE: Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox by Eddie on 03-12-2009 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
Firstly, it takes loads of effort for the skinners to create/update their skins, as they need to have a fair/better understanding of how the (new) skinning system works.
Secondly, skins do not present us with "new features", however, they present us with a different layout. What presents us with new features are known as scripts. :)

Just my two pennies. (yn)
Your right about the first bit there, it would take a while for a skinner to go through there code to make modifications to make the skin work with the new one, it is atleast 2 weeks work to modify the text files if you don't know your way around them.

Skins sort of have their own features, the ability to remove ads, place things in different areas, having the option to do this, i feel would be classified as a feature, albeit a modification one.
RE: Windows Live Messenger By Fabiox by robert_dll on 03-12-2009 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jstnfox
And Please people can you start making more skins ...

So Please Start Updating and Building new skins!
Will you do my homework or work for me so that I have time to make more skins? Or you can also give me the money to survive the rest of my life :)