Shoutbox

Display Picture Resizing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Display Picture Resizing (/showthread.php?tid=89651)

Display Picture Resizing by ArkaneArkade on 03-13-2009 at 09:48 PM

Hey guys.  I'm here, yet again for advice or recommendations for my script.  I know I should probably do more on my own, but I don't really know how to.

My dilemma is this.  My script (X360+) automatically downloads the icon of the current XBOX game from xbox.com, but the icons are all 64x64, and Messenger upscaling to 96x96 makes them look incredibly pixellated.
Is there any way to change this.  Either by automatically making the images to have a border before making them the dp, or to just prevent the upscale somehow?

cheers guys
Leroux

RE: Display Picture Resizing by matty on 03-13-2009 at 11:53 PM

You can use Gdi to add a background.

RE: Display Picture Resizing by ArkaneArkade on 03-14-2009 at 07:35 PM

OK.  I'll have a look around.  Can you recommend any scripts that I could use to learn from, and will it be fully supported on all, or require extra stuff (don't know muhc about it).

RE: Display Picture Resizing by Spunky on 03-14-2009 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leroux
OK.  I'll have a look around.  Can you recommend any scripts that I could use to learn from, and will it be fully supported on all, or require extra stuff (don't know muhc about it).

iTunes+ script does some image manipulation IIRC. I think that's where I got the basic code for my ChangeMe! script
RE: Display Picture Resizing by ArkaneArkade on 03-16-2009 at 02:07 AM

OK, thanks Spunky.  I'll have a look.  Hopefully be able to figure out something.
Cheers as always guys.  :)