Shoutbox

help! MP!L keeps trying to install for the wrong version of messenger! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: help! MP!L keeps trying to install for the wrong version of messenger! (/showthread.php?tid=89659)

help! MP!L keeps trying to install for the wrong version of messenger! by DannyTheNerd on 03-14-2009 at 10:18 AM

i recently downloaded the MP!L installer, but when i try and run it, it keeps trying to get the file for an old version, not messenger 8.5. the old version didn't have an uninstaller, so i deleted it's folder and tried to get rid of everything to do with it in the registry, but it still tries to get it for the old version! does anyone know how to solve this problem? it's driving me MAD :S

RE: help! MP!L keeps trying to install for the wrong version of messenger! by John Anderton on 03-14-2009 at 10:28 AM

Since when does MP!L download WLM? O.o

RE: help! MP!L keeps trying to install for the wrong version of messenger! by DannyTheNerd on 03-14-2009 at 10:36 AM

it's not trying to download messenger, it's trying to get messenger plus 3....

RE: help! MP!L keeps trying to install for the wrong version of messenger! by djdannyp on 03-14-2009 at 12:01 PM

Download Windows Live Messenger 2009 from here and Messenger Plus! Live from here

These are the latest versions of each application and install independently from one another

Before doing this, go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall both Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live Messenger

RE: help! MP!L keeps trying to install for the wrong version of messenger! by DannyTheNerd on 03-14-2009 at 05:03 PM