Shoutbox

Contact list scrolling problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Contact list scrolling problem (/showthread.php?tid=89664)

Contact list scrolling problem by david13579 on 03-14-2009 at 03:46 PM

Does anyone else have the problem I have in the main window that when i scroll (using scroll wheel) either up or down it only scrolls up? I can scroll normally on any other program (well except for Live mail desktop which a the same problem when I scroll my account list [ messages scroll normally, just as it works fine in a contact window in WLM).

Note: I'm using version 14.0.8064.206

RE: Contact list scrolling problem by Joshua on 03-16-2009 at 09:47 AM

Happened to me, but it was scrolling up no matter what. I am using a Logitech mouse. If you have any installation disk that comes with your mouse, install it.  Then configure your mouse again to scroll at 3 lines.

RE: RE: Contact list scrolling problem by david13579 on 03-17-2009 at 12:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
Happened to me, but it was scrolling up no matter what. I am using a Logitech mouse. If you have any installation disk that comes with your mouse, install it.  Then configure your mouse again to scroll at 3 lines.

Thanks, it fixed the problem.

But I don't like the fix, I've been using "scroll one screen at a time" since I got my computer many years ago, I just can't do without it now. I wonder why it does not work well in that mode, I  guess that the latest version of WLM does have as many bugs as people say ( I've noticed some other bugs too). How can I contact MS to report bugs?
RE: Contact list scrolling problem by djdannyp on 03-17-2009 at 12:19 PM

Click 'Help' then 'Send Feedback'

RE: Contact list scrolling problem by Joshua on 03-17-2009 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by david13579
But I don't like the fix, I've been using "scroll one screen at a time" since I got my computer many years ago, I just can't do without it now.

Go ahead and try the option "scroll one screen at a time".
RE: RE: Contact list scrolling problem by david13579 on 03-17-2009 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
quote:
Originally posted by david13579
But I don't like the fix, I've been using "scroll one screen at a time" since I got my computer many years ago, I just can't do without it now.

Go ahead and try the option "scroll one screen at a time".

But that is what causes the problem.
Is there a way to at least make Firefox scroll one page while I set the rest of the system to something else  so that WLM can work correctly?

PS: I also noticed that while scrolling, the red cross out of block contacts disappears.