Shoutbox

Stuck with the really old msn? Please help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Stuck with the really old msn? Please help (/showthread.php?tid=89670)

Stuck with the really old msn? Please help by conkernutta on 03-14-2009 at 08:26 PM

I've had Messenger Plus for a very long time, the latest version. But now it's suddenly gone back to being a very, very old msn. (I expect my brother has something to do with it. Grr.)

I've tried to download Messenger Plus again, but even after running the program many times, it doesn't make any difference. Does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks.

RE: Stuck with the really old msn? Please help by djdannyp on 03-14-2009 at 08:47 PM

Download the latest Windows Live Messenger from here and the compatible Messenger Plus! Live from here

RE: Stuck with the really old msn? Please help by conkernutta on 03-14-2009 at 09:14 PM

Hey, thanks for your help; but I'm still having problems ):

I downloaded both the programs you included, but the messanger is still the old one. It said it was complete, but I can't find it anywhere... When I select 'Start' on the computer, there's a shortcut to two different messangers: a very very old one, and a slightly newer one which is still old.
:/ Thanks for helping out, do you have any other suggestions?

Hang on....
Sorry, the 'old' msn may actually be a brand new version... Well, if it is, then I don't like it. Lol.
Do you know where I can just download the messanger which was either the seond-newest one, or the newest? Sorry that's really confusing.
Ok, the one I would like to have is the messanger, which was the first version to have colours in your name and sounds. It had the options to 'Be right back' and 'Out to lunch' etc; this other one I have now only has the options to 'Appear offline' 'Away' 'Busy'.
Thanks again :P
RE: Stuck with the really old msn? Please help by djdannyp on 03-14-2009 at 10:33 PM

You can get WLM 8.5 from here, but that version is advising people to upgrade to 2009 (the version i linked you to) and is likely to become unusable soon

So you really should stick with the version you've got....you'll soon get used to it.

Also, the colours in your name are a Messenger Plus! Live feature and have always been available :P

RE: Stuck with the really old msn? Please help by conkernutta on 03-15-2009 at 08:37 AM

Oh okay, I'll try to get used to it. Lol

Thanks a ton for your help =D