Shoutbox

Changing window color? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Changing window color? (/showthread.php?tid=89674)

Changing window color? by Karen606 on 03-15-2009 at 02:23 AM

In the last MSN I was able to change the color of each contact's window with a little button.. But now I can't find it. Is it not available anymore? D:

[Image: msnwindowcolor.jpg]

Thanks~

RE: Changing window color? by ryxdp on 03-15-2009 at 03:36 AM

Just a little note, that version of Windows Live Messenger is either 8.0 or 8.1 and therefore isn't the "latest" version; however the next version after it still had it, but up in the top right corner. Anyway, the newest version 14 has removed custom colorization for individual chat windows in favor of a new system called Scenes. With Scenes you can choose a custom picture and color that you will see in your contact list, and others will see in their conversations with you.

If you want, you can right-click the scene area (the blue and white wave thing) in any conversation and select "Use default scene". This will show the default Wave scene in the color you have selected (but not the picture) for all chat windows.

RE: Changing window color? by Karen606 on 03-15-2009 at 04:08 AM

..So does that mean you can't set individual ones?

RE: Changing window color? by ryxdp on 03-15-2009 at 04:12 AM

No, not anymore. What your conversation windows now look like is up to your contacts, I'm afraid. I don't particularly like this feature, as it has some privacy issues and other things as well.

RE: Changing window color? by Karen606 on 03-15-2009 at 04:36 AM

Aw, alright. Thanks much!