Shoutbox

What is the max number of emails that WLM can show in the main window? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: What is the max number of emails that WLM can show in the main window? (/showthread.php?tid=89675)

What is the max number of emails that WLM can show in the main window? by david13579 on 03-15-2009 at 03:21 AM

Mine can only go up to 99 and it shows "99+" after that, but I've seen pictures of people showing that that have over a hundred emails ( actual 3 digit numbers not just 99+)

RE: What is the max number of emails that WLM can show in the main window? by ryxdp on 03-15-2009 at 03:27 AM

From what I can see, the newest version of WLM (version 14) only displays up to "99+", as the background for the text is a fixed image. Older versions like 8.5 just use a line of text on the toolbar background, so there's no need to limit it.

RE: RE: What is the max number of emails that WLM can show in the main window? by david13579 on 03-15-2009 at 11:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
From what I can see, the newest version of WLM (version 14) only displays up to "99+", as the background for the text is a fixed image. Older versions like 8.5 just use a line of text on the toolbar background, so there's no need to limit it.

But the picture I saw was of 14 ( though I'm not sure if it was the latest 14 or and old version)
RE: What is the max number of emails that WLM can show in the main window? by david13579 on 03-15-2009 at 11:59 PM

Here is the pic I saw

EDIT:I just noticed that the icon for emails is different and it says beta so it is  an older version after all, but why take away that feature in the final version?, it is a really handy feature to know how many new messages you have.

RE: What is the max number of emails that WLM can show in the main window? by Vilkku on 03-16-2009 at 11:41 AM

Why not mark all mails as read, so that you actually know how many new messages you have? I doubt you get over 100 messages between logins, and if you do, is it really that important to know if you have 132 or 133?