Shoutbox

can't add/accept new contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: can't add/accept new contacts (/showthread.php?tid=89712)

can't add/accept new contacts by hkkelvin88 on 03-17-2009 at 11:57 AM

I'm using windows vista with Window Live 9.  But recently people can't receive my add contact invitation.  And I can't receive any add contact request from ppl.   And the new contact will only see me offline.   Please help to solve it.

RE: can't add/accept new contacts by Vaenni on 03-18-2009 at 02:14 PM

I have exactly the same problem. I few days ago I could receive new contact-request, but not anymore! I can't add, and no one can add me!

What's the problem?

RE: can't add/accept new contacts by James Potter on 03-18-2009 at 02:20 PM

How many contacts does each one of you have on your contact lists? If it exceeds 600 contacts, than that could well possibly be the reason. The maximum number of contacts allowed in a contact list is 600 contacts. (I have no idea if Microsoft has increased this yet?)---But heck, why would anyone want to have more than 600 contacts on his or her list?

RE: can't add/accept new contacts by Vaenni on 03-18-2009 at 02:22 PM

No, I only have like 80 contacts so that's not it. Someone else I know have also exactly the same problem.

RE: can't add/accept new contacts by James Potter on 03-18-2009 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vaenni
No, I only have like 80 contacts so that's not it. Someone else I know have also exactly the same problem.
If it is not the case with the amount of contacts you have, then it could possibly be a server issue with Microsoft. I cannot presume what the problem is accurately at this stage, but this could highly be the issue.
RE: can't add/accept new contacts by djdannyp on 03-18-2009 at 04:14 PM

What happens when you try to add someone?

RE: can't add/accept new contacts by Vaenni on 03-18-2009 at 04:24 PM

Nothing. They just appear offline and don't get the request to accept. Same thing if someone adds me.