Shoutbox

New Messenger - Can't view contacts as email addresses - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: New Messenger - Can't view contacts as email addresses (/showthread.php?tid=89750)

New Messenger - Can't view contacts as email addresses by beenie2000 on 03-19-2009 at 12:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the new Windows Live Messenger, as recommended by Windows. I love the new version except for one thing...I can't view my contacts by their email addresses. This is extremely frustrating because I can't stand hovering over their screen names to find out who it is!

Does anyone know how to sort the contact list with email addresses (I've looked through all the settings, but to no avail)? I'm thinking of redownloading the old version just to have this option...

Thanks,

Dean

RE: New Messenger - Can't view contacts as email addresses by djdannyp on 03-19-2009 at 12:39 AM

Please search before posting as this question has been asked numerous times.

In short, it is no longer possible without adding a custom name for everyone and setting it as their e-mail address.

Switching back to an old version isn't a great idea as they are likely to become unusable in the future....8.5 is already prompting a lot of people to upgrade to 2009.

djdannyp's reply to [Suggestion] Label contact list by e-mail address