Shoutbox

[HELP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [HELP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=89769)

[HELP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by stuartbennett on 03-20-2009 at 09:47 AM

how can your skin remove the aero borders from messenger 2009 as i am struggling to get rid of it from my 365 skin?

RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by djdannyp on 03-20-2009 at 09:57 AM

Add shaping to your skin and it will remove the aero border (although you don't have to actually change the shape)

something like this:

XML code:
    <Region>
        <ContactList>
        <Rectangle>
                <Left>0</Left>
                <Top>0</Top>
                <Width Unit="percent">100</Width>
                <Height Unit="percent">100</Height>
            </Rectangle>
        </ContactList>
    </Region>

will set the shape of the skin to a rectangle (as it is anyway) and remove the aero

or if you want true non-aero and rounded top corners:

XML code:
<Region>
        <ContactList>
                <Rectangle>
                <Left>0</Left>
                <Top>0</Top>
                <Width Unit="percent">100</Width>
                <Height Unit="percent">100</Height>
            </Rectangle>
            <Image Integration="subtract">
                <Source>
                    <File>images/shape/corner-tl.png</File>
                </Source>
            <Position>
                <Left>0</Left>
                <Top>0</Top>
            </Position>
            </Image>
            <Image Integration="subtract">
                <Source>
                    <File>images/shape/corner-tr.png</File>
                </Source>
            <Position>
                <Right>0</Right>
                <Top>0</Top>
            </Position>
            </Image>
        </ContactList>
    </Region>

Attached is the top right hand corner image, just flip it to get the left one
RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by stuartbennett on 03-20-2009 at 10:08 AM

thanks danny that worked perfectly.

RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by wta121 on 03-22-2009 at 02:56 PM

well there's a registry hack to remove all the time, but tht may not be wat ur looking for.
heres the location of the hack, and a program which will do it for you: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/01/09/enable-o...ith-auto-switcher/

RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by prashker on 03-22-2009 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wta121
well there's a registry hack to remove all the time, but tht may not be wat ur looking for.

It's not....as you can see he wants it for the skin itself :p

And he already said thanks? 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
thanks danny that worked perfectly.

RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by robert_dll on 03-22-2009 at 05:10 PM

That isn't useful for skinning, skins aren't able to make registry changes, but registry changes related with options. Maybe Patchou could include something to disable it through the SkinInfo file.

RE: RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by djdannyp on 03-22-2009 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll
That isn't useful for skinning, skins aren't able to make registry changes, but registry changes related with options. Maybe Patchou could include something to disable it through the SkinInfo file.

I've already requested this in the beta forums.....i might give it another gentle nudge :P
RE: RE: RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by stuartbennett on 03-22-2009 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:

I've already requested this in the beta forums.....i might give it another gentle nudge :P

but danny the method you gave me does disable aero through the skininfo file? i will admit that being able to change registry settings not related to a skins options directly from skininfo would be cool but what would you use it for, anything that involves changing the registry would be to service an option so how would it be any different to the way things are? :S

RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by Matti on 03-22-2009 at 07:26 PM

quote:
but danny the method you gave me does disable aero through the skininfo file? i will admit that being able to change registry settings not related to a skins options directly from skininfo would be cool but what would you use it for, anything that involves changing the registry would be to service an option so how would it be any different to the way things are? :S
Well, it would mean that Plus! doesn't actually have to "shape" skin but simply does the Aero disabling stuff. Instead of shaping the skin to get the Aero disabled as a side-effect, you could have something which only focuses on disabling Aero - which I think is far more efficient.
RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by stuartbennett on 03-22-2009 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matti
quote:
Well, it would mean that Plus! doesn't actually have to "shape" skin but simply does the Aero disabling stuff. Instead of shaping the skin to get the Aero disabled as a side-effect, you could have something which only focuses on disabling Aero - which I think is far more efficient.

oh now i see what you mean, but would this be the only thing such a feature would be used for? remember in order for Patchou to take all the time and effort required to add a feature into messenger plus it has to be something that firstly a lot of people are going to utilize and secondly a feature that does more than just that 1 change, Patchou could argue that because there is already a mechanism for getting rid of the aero effect it can't be justified to add the feature just for that one use, but if it had several processing saving uses to enhance a skins performance then it would be more justifiable for Patchou to put in the extra work required to create this feature.

i am not trying to be difficult i am just trying to defend Patchou's perspective on why he hasn't already made this feature and why he may perhaps not see it as a big priority right now.
RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by robert_dll on 03-22-2009 at 09:47 PM

Have you seen the ResetUserColor and ResetUserScene tags? There could be a DisableAero one, there is more than one who would appreciate something like that.

RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by stuartbennett on 03-22-2009 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Have you seen the ResetUserColor and ResetUserScene tags? There could be a DisableAero one, there is more than one who would appreciate something like that.

no where are they?
RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by robert_dll on 03-22-2009 at 09:56 PM

You find them on the documentation, the ResetUserScene appeared with the release of Plus! 4.80

RE: RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by djdannyp on 03-22-2009 at 09:59 PM

quote:

Correct, that's exactly the kinda thing i mean, just a simple value that can be set to true in order to avoid the need for all that shaping nonsense, when you're not actually shaping
RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by stuartbennett on 03-22-2009 at 10:12 PM

i found the reset user color but theres no documentation on resetuserscenes, what does it do?

RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by robert_dll on 03-22-2009 at 10:16 PM

[Image: 6oivll.jpg]

RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by stuartbennett on 03-22-2009 at 11:14 PM

cool, thanks for that, as i want users to see my themes which technically could be scenes i could really use that feature, thanks for telling me about it.

quote:
[Image: 6oivll.jpg]

by the way i looked in my skinning documentation which i downloaded on 10/01/2009 @ 23:30 GMT it only has the resetusercolor in the diagram, i must therefore assume that in the 2 months since the version i have was released that patchou wrote another one and neglected to tell anyone about it.

EDIT:

yep, just downloaded the latest copy and it has it in it, the new copy was created 30/01/09 according to the date modified field on it after i downloaded and unzipped it which was 20 days after i downloaded the documentation last, man i wish patchou would tell us when he updates the documentation atleast then we would know to go and get an up to date copy of it.
RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by blessedguy on 03-22-2009 at 11:33 PM

quote:
we would know to go and get an up to date copy of it.
Maybe each time Plus! gets updated... (Last one was Jan 31)
RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by robert_dll on 03-23-2009 at 12:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Maybe each time Plus! gets updated... (Last one was Jan 31)
Right, it is updated each time a new version is released, if you open documentation from the Plus! preferences, it will always look for updates.
RE: [HRLP] how do you remove Aero in Messenger 2009 by stuartbennett on 03-23-2009 at 08:21 AM

oh ok.