Shoutbox

WLM 8.5 Font problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM 8.5 Font problem (/showthread.php?tid=89783)

WLM 8.5 Font problem by Phazeus on 03-20-2009 at 06:59 PM

I am currently using Windows 7 beta and WLM 8.5 latest version.

When I try to edit the font on my messages to Lucida Calligraphy or Lucida Handwriting, I only get the Italics and Italics Bold font styles, and I don't get the Regular and Bold font styles. However, both these fonts work perfectly fine in Office Word 2007 and I can get them in the Regular font style. Does anyone know the reason why WLM does not allow me to use Lucida Calligraphy in the Regular font style?

RE: WLM 8.5 Font problem by user27089 on 03-22-2009 at 12:15 PM

It could be an issue with the font-reader in WLM, some pieces of software can't read certain filetypes, and the regular/bold font styles may be using a different style. Otherwise, you may only be reading one version of the font. But this is a very difficult one, have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling the software?

RE: WLM 8.5 Font problem by Phazeus on 03-22-2009 at 05:31 PM

Which software do you recommend uninstalling and reinstalling? I've reinstalled WLM8.5 multiple times, and also reinstalled LCALLIG.TTF, but the problem persists.

However, strangely, it had worked before. It is definitely working now on my XP partition, and worked on my previous Windows 7 before i reformatted the computer.