Shoutbox

[Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? (/showthread.php?tid=89800)

[Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? by kezz on 03-22-2009 at 03:22 AM

Is it possible for a script to be made that reads the Title and Artist of the song that is currently playing and then changes the PSM to a predefined portion of the lyrics?

The line that you want to be displayed would be manually put into the script by the user and stored somehow, and when the script recognises the song, it displays the stored line of the song.

For example: If I have "Yellow" by Coldplay in my song library, I would store something like "Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you", and every time "Yellow" plays, the PSM would read:

"Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you" Yellow - Coldplay

Thanks in advance,

kezz

RE: [Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? by SmokingCookie on 03-24-2009 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
Is it possible for a script to be made that reads the Title and Artist of the song that is currently playing and then changes the PSM to a predefined portion of the lyrics?
kezz

Depends on the player you're using. iTunes handles songs differently than WMP.
RE: [Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? by roflmao456 on 03-24-2009 at 09:15 PM

Possible
Best if the id3 tags of the mp3 file are correctly filled out then it would be easy..

RE: [Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? by SmokingCookie on 03-25-2009 at 06:20 PM

I suppose you're suggesting iTunes?

RE: [Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? by kezz on 03-27-2009 at 10:42 AM

I personally use WinAmp and I was thinking that it would be compatible for the common media players (iTunes, WMP, WinAmp etc). But whatever is possible would benefit at least somebody.

RE: [Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? by James Potter on 03-27-2009 at 01:06 PM

I was thinking of a script to replace the Now Playing with a lyrics line corresponding to the current duration. This will require timestamps for lyrics lines, so the script could read from the .lrc (txt file renamed for the script... :p) and match to the currently playing time... Could be fun, Karaoke in PSM. :P

RE: [Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? by matty on 03-27-2009 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
I was thinking of a script to replace the Now Playing with a lyrics line corresponding to the current duration. This will require timestamps for lyrics lines, so the script could read from the .lrc (txt file renamed for the script... :p) and match to the currently playing time... Could be fun, Karaoke in PSM. :P
Not possible. PSM has a limit of 250 characters (if I remember correctly) and a limit on how many times it can be changed.
RE: [Request] Now Playing + Lyrics in PSM? by kezz on 03-28-2009 at 12:49 AM

I was suggesting one line for each song. Not the whole thing. Would be pretty fun though :P.

Is anyone willing to attempt to script this/think this can properly be done?