Shoutbox

Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list (/showthread.php?tid=89855)

Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by gorro on 03-24-2009 at 02:47 PM

Hello everyone, I have WLM 2009 14.0.8064.206 ITA and msgplus 4.81.0.358.
Colored nick are not shown in contact list, as well as idle status. For the idle status I have to open a conversation window to see it, otherwise in contact list it's just Non al computer (Away)
Why?

RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by Moh on 03-24-2009 at 04:07 PM

For the idle problem, See Patchou's reply to Not changing status to Idle. For the coloured nicknames problem, go to Plus!> Preferences & Options> Customize> Tick "Use formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows"> Apply> OK.
Note: You need to restart Messenger for that to work.

RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by gorro on 03-24-2009 at 08:18 PM

Thanks for the tip, about the idle... but colors still not working....

RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by Moh on 03-24-2009 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gorro
Do they appear as codes or they dont appear at all? Also, do you have any other add-ons?
RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-24-2009 at 09:50 PM

Yea, I got the same problem, Sometimes on the conversations i'll have the color box's and scripts box etc, and then some other times i won't, how on earth do i keep it how it is meant to be?!?!

RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by Moh on 03-24-2009 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HennyHenHen!!
Yea, I got the same problem, Sometimes on the conversations i'll have the color box's and scripts box etc, and then some other times i won't, how on earth do i keep it how it is meant to be?!?!
Do you have any other add-ons that may be conflicting with Plus! like MessengerDiscovery, GDI++, Kiwee, SmileyCentral, SweetIM or ThreatFire installed?
RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-24-2009 at 11:00 PM

Not on my msn that i know of..

RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-24-2009 at 11:04 PM

How can i find out...?

RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by aZnBmOnEy on 03-24-2009 at 11:09 PM

Do you have either SweetIM, SmileyCentral, ThreatFire or Kiwee installed?

These program can interfer with MP!L

RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by djdannyp on 03-24-2009 at 11:14 PM

quote:
How can i find out...?

Look in your Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel and search through the list of programs

Note: if you are on Windows Vista it will be called Programs and Features
RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-25-2009 at 07:37 PM

I have none of them... NONE. I checked.. thourougly... :S:S:S. See, now it is working, later  on it won't! :(

RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-25-2009 at 07:43 PM

FUCK! I have ThreatFire. Lool, WHats should i do with it???

RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by aZnBmOnEy on 03-25-2009 at 07:58 PM

Haha, unfortunately for MP!L to work properly, you would have to uninstall Threatfire.

quote:
FUCK! I have ThreatFire. Lool, WHats should i do with it???

RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-25-2009 at 08:02 PM

What would happen if i did?? Anything bad?

RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by aZnBmOnEy on 03-25-2009 at 08:06 PM

quote:
What would happen if i did?? Anything bad?

ThreatFire is an anti-virus program.

So to answer your question, nothing bad will happen if you don't get any virus :P

If you want MP!L and also an anti-virus program, you can switch to other anti-virus programs (i.e. kaspersky, norton, etc....)
RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-25-2009 at 08:10 PM

If i removed, would Fire Wall Plus be affected?

RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by aZnBmOnEy on 03-25-2009 at 08:13 PM

quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how they are related.
RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-25-2009 at 08:16 PM

If i remove ThreatFirwe, will it only be on my ac or the whole pc?

RE: RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by Moh on 03-25-2009 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aZnBmOnEy
quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how they are related.
They are not related, just the two products belong to one software company. Removing ThreatFire wouldnt affect Firewall Plus.
RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by HennyHenHen!! on 03-25-2009 at 08:18 PM

**Account

RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by aZnBmOnEy on 03-25-2009 at 08:22 PM

quote:
**Account

It would apply to your PC.
RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by djdannyp on 03-25-2009 at 08:30 PM

Uninstall ThreatFire and install AVG your computer will be perfectly safe and your Messenger Plus! Live will work fine

RE: RE: RE: Color nick and inactive status not shown in contact list by gorro on 03-25-2009 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:
Originally posted by gorro
Do they appear as codes or they dont appear at all? Also, do you have any other add-ons?
They do not appear as code, they are just normally black. I use messenger discoverylive 2.0 beta21