Shoutbox

Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? (/showthread.php?tid=89892)

Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by riahc4 on 03-26-2009 at 12:08 PM

Hey

I think that it is a great idea to replace the photo sharing feature with photo sending using a option in Plus! but why is it in the reg? Any reason why it cannot be a regular option?

RE: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by Moh on 03-26-2009 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
bah, why cant he make it do it for files that are dragged in too?

i just really hate it... =\

Yeah, i think it's the beginnings of a feature rather than an actual feature

You'll probably find that in Plus! 5 that it'll be a proper option somewhere rather than just a dodgy registry key

RE: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by riahc4 on 03-26-2009 at 10:09 PM

And where exactly is the reg entry?

RE: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by djdannyp on 03-26-2009 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\[e-mail address]\Preferences\OverrideImgTransfer" = 1
      File Somechars.jpg gets sent.
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\[e-mail address]\Preferences\OverrideImgTransfer" = 0
      PhotoShare starts.

Make sure you create it as a DWORD
RE: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by riahc4 on 03-26-2009 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by mynetx

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\[e-mail address]\Preferences\OverrideImgTransfer" = 1
      File Somechars.jpg gets sent.
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\[e-mail address]\Preferences\OverrideImgTransfer" = 0
      PhotoShare starts.

Make sure you create it as a DWORD

Thanks. Was not explained anywhere in the changelog.
RE: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by CookieRevised on 03-27-2009 at 12:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Because those things are never explained in the changelog, but always on the official website > Help section > Registry Settings

;)
RE: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by riahc4 on 03-27-2009 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Because those things are never explained in the changelog, but always on the official website > Help section > Registry Settings

;)
On a side note, someone (or I, but I dont remember right now how to do it) should create a .reg file, just in case newcomers dont want to go or mess around in their registry.

Id just have to know a way that Plus! uses to store/know the current signed in user's email to replace it in the reg line.
And on that note, maybe a script would be better. A script is alot more user friendly than the registry.
RE: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by CookieRevised on 03-27-2009 at 07:10 PM

quote:
On a side note, someone (or I, but I dont remember right now how to do it) should create a .reg file, just in case newcomers dont want to go or mess around in their registry.
Then teach them. It is very easy. :p

quote:
Id just have to know a way that Plus! uses to store/know the current signed in user's email to replace it in the reg line.
read the scripting docs

quote:
And on that note, maybe a script would be better. A script is alot more user friendly than the registry.
There is already a script which let you change all those registry settings. It just needs to be updated again....

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/175-Messe...-Plus!-Tweak-Live/

----------

Come on riahc4, don't tell me you never heared of any of these things. You're already here for almost 5 years now. :S
RE: Why is the photo sending feature in the reg only? by Patchou on 03-28-2009 at 01:07 AM

It's true that it could be a UI option, but I'm counting on the Plus! script that offers all the reg settings to be updated soon :p.