Shoutbox

[Question] Is this possible? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Question] Is this possible? (/showthread.php?tid=89906)

[Question] Is this possible? by webflashing on 03-26-2009 at 09:00 PM

Hi everybody, i'm new in this Forum... so I don't have too much idea of scripting for Plus.

The thing is, that I have installed RocketDock (Kind of Mac's DockBar), and disabled the windows Xp TaskBar.

The thing is that RocketDock, has the possibility of showing minimized windows in the new Taskbar.

BUT, the problem appears with MSN. Windows in RocketDock are displayed ONLY if the window has been MINIMIZED... so as you guess, msn conversations are NOT displayed.

As XP Taskbar has been deactivated, the only way to see a MSN conversation is by ALT+TAB, but you can't see when someone talks to you, cause there's no flashing window.

So, is it possible, to make a script that when a message / video / call, or whatever arribes to msn, the window shows and minimizes itself, so it can appear at the dock?.

I think I kind of confused you here.. But I hope you can help me.

Thanks very much,
Web.

RE: [Question] Is this possible? by blessedguy on 03-27-2009 at 12:15 AM

I don't know either if it's possible, but there's a simple solution: use ObjectDock as a second dock for applications. =) It is extremely lightweight (twice memory as Rocket dock (6Mb Object, 3Mb Rocket) , but hey, I run RocketDock hidden in the left-hand side...), so you won't even remember it's there...

RE: [Question] Is this possible? by webflashing on 03-27-2009 at 08:01 PM

Yeah, i though of doing that.. but the problem with ObjectDock is that i have XP x64.. so tray icons don't work (N)..

Thanks anyway for the response.

Cheers,
Web

RE: [Question] Is this possible? by SmokingCookie on 04-02-2009 at 07:57 PM

Well, it is possible to get the chat window to the foreground every time somebody sends a message, or wink. But this may be very annoying in some cases.

EDIT:: Chat windows can be minimised as well. ShowWindow() can do it.

EDIT 2::

See attachment.