Shoutbox

can't find the script icon on the contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: can't find the script icon on the contact list (/showthread.php?tid=89960)

can't find the script icon on the contact list by meibb on 03-28-2009 at 09:16 PM

I have installed plus 4.81.0.358 and messenger 2009. I import the script successfully but I can't find the script icon on the contact list. Please tell me how and where I can run the script. Thanks.

I only find "Plus!" icon but I remember there is another icon which can choose  what imported script to run.

RE: can't find the script icon on the contact list by aZnBmOnEy on 03-28-2009 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by meibb
I have installed plus 4.81.0.358. I import the script successfully but I can't find the script icon on the contact list? Please tell me how and where I can run the script. Thanks.

From the menu, Plus! -> Preferences and Options -> General -> Scripts
There you can enable /disable your scripts. If you want script icon on your contact list, try installing the skin :)
RE: can't find the script icon on the contact list by djdannyp on 03-29-2009 at 12:14 AM

quote:
I have installed plus 4.81.0.358. I import the script successfully but I can't find the script icon on the contact list? Please tell me how and where I can run the script. Thanks.

The script icon should be displayed on your contact list next to the 'add contact' button.

If it is not there, press Alt on the keyboard, then click the 'Plus!' menu, then choose 'Preferences and Options' then click the 'Messenger' tab and ensure that "Add Messenger Plus! buttons in the contact list and the contact cards" is selected.

If that option is selected and you still do not see the buttons then it is likely that some other software is interfering with Messenger Plus! Live.

Please read here to find out more:

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart
RE: can't find the script icon on the contact list by CookieRevised on 03-29-2009 at 01:54 AM

a quickie...

quote:
Originally posted by aZnBmOnEy
If you want script icon on your contact list, try installing the skin :)
What skin? The script icon is on the contact list by default, it has got nothing todo with skins.
(yes skins could remove it, but suggesting to install a skin to see the icon doesn't make sense)
RE: can't find the script icon on the contact list by meibb on 03-29-2009 at 03:21 AM

I have installed messenger 2009 14.0.8064.206. Is it not compatible with Plus 4.81.0.358?

RE: RE: can't find the script icon on the contact list by djdannyp on 03-29-2009 at 04:45 AM

quote:
I have installed messenger 2009 14.0.8064.206. Is it not compatible with Plus 4.81.0.358?

Yes, it is compatible.

Did you try what I said in my last message?
RE: can't find the script icon on the contact list by meibb on 03-29-2009 at 09:55 AM

i removed MSN 5. It's OK now. Thanks all your help!