Shoutbox

Format Codes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Format Codes (/showthread.php?tid=89971)

Format Codes by Jucie on 03-29-2009 at 12:23 PM

In conversation windows the names of me and my contacts do not appear in the chosen colour but with their format codes but in my contact list names appear with the chosen colour. Why? Please help! :(

RE: Format Codes by pollolibredegrasa on 03-29-2009 at 12:44 PM

From your screenshot it looks like you have Threatfire installed. This software prevents Messenger Plus! from working properly and removing it is currently the only known fix.

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
After uninstalling ThreatFire, you should be sure to install another anti-virus program.  Several free programs including AVG and Avast, will keep your computer protected.

See also: link

RE: Format Codes by Emmi on 03-31-2009 at 06:40 AM

I've just got the latest WLM installed today and encountered the same "format codes" problem. However, I don't have Threatfire installed on my computer. I just have Norton Security. So any idea how I can solve the problem?

RE: RE: Format Codes by djdannyp on 03-31-2009 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Emmi
I've just got the latest WLM installed today and encountered the same "format codes" problem. However, I don't have Threatfire installed on my computer. I just have Norton Security. So any idea how I can solve the problem?

Have you checked the full list of incompatible programs here:

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart
RE: Format Codes by Emmi on 03-31-2009 at 05:57 PM

Thanks, djdannyp! It's the MSNShell which caused the conflict. I got it removed and the format-code problem has gone.