Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help (/showthread.php?tid=89995)

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help by iommi on 03-31-2009 at 07:53 AM

Well i recently downloaded and installed the newest Windows Live messenger 9 i beleive and i didnt like it, it was gross so i went back to the older version (Windows Live Messenger 8.5) it works perfectly but for some rason there is no paint brush in the top of my conversation windows to change  the colour of the convo and there is also no toolbar i guess you would call it at the top of the conversation window (the one with all the Big block contact icon and the games icon and stuff) ive tried re-installing it many times and i dont know how to get it back so if anyone could help that would be ragin if it helps i have vista ultimate and i got the latest messenger plus live thing installed.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help by Moh on 03-31-2009 at 08:35 AM

As for the toolbar you are talking about, Open a chat windows, Click on Show menu "above your contact's display picture"> Tools> Show Toolbars> Standard.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help by iommi on 04-01-2009 at 12:15 AM

Thanks for the Reply but there is Nothing above my  contacts display picture, i would post a screen shot but i dont really know how, would i upload it to photobucket or a site like that and copy the embed thing to here ?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help by iommi on 04-01-2009 at 12:38 AM

it looks like this ( i dont know if its gonna work, first time postin imiges in a site lol)

[Image: ScreenShit.jpg]

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help by blessedguy on 04-01-2009 at 12:45 AM

Press alt when that window is with the focus.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help by iommi on 04-01-2009 at 12:49 AM

ok thanks ervrayone i got it fixed :) i just pressed alt and went to tools and then show toolbars then clicked standard.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help by blessedguy on 04-01-2009 at 12:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iommi
ok thanks ervrayone i got it fixed :) i just pressed alt and went to tools and then show toolbars then clicked standard.
=)
Sidenote: ALT will usually shown the menu bar if it is hidden, and enable without mouse navigation (when some characters become underlined). So i it dissapears once more, you know what to do.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Paint Brush Gone, Help by iommi on 04-01-2009 at 12:55 AM

haha, yes i do and thanks again  :)