Shoutbox

Explicit vulgar messages sent while not logged in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Explicit vulgar messages sent while not logged in (/showthread.php?tid=90071)

Explicit vulgar messages sent while not logged in by FCazabon on 04-08-2009 at 08:50 PM

Hi,

I've started to get very vulgar messages from my 10 year old daughter while she is not even logged in to her account.  The messages are like this:

WANNA F#$&?! CONNECT WITH MILLIONS OF REAL PEOPLE!
http://www.Cyber-Erotics.com/stars.php 

How is this happening and how do I stop it?  She does not even use the Messenger program but logs in through meebo.com.  I have also scanned her PC to see if there are any viruses, but none have been detected.

Thanks for any help/advice

Frank

RE: Explicit vulgar messages sent while not logged in by Justin on 04-08-2009 at 08:55 PM

It seems like she put her login data into a phising site (there is a lot going around)
Just ask her to change her password and all will be fine.

RE: Explicit vulgar messages sent while not logged in by vaccination on 04-08-2009 at 08:57 PM

If it's not a virus, then it's likely they have her password, tell her to change her password and see if the problem persists.

EDIT: bleh beaten

RE: Explicit vulgar messages sent while not logged in by FCazabon on 04-08-2009 at 09:44 PM

Thanks,

I'll get her to change her password and warn her about phishing again.

Just out of interest, if someone has got her password, shouldn't they appear as being online when the message gets sent?  Because she does not appear as online when I receive the message.

With respect to it being windows messenger as opposed to windows live messenger, I couldn't install either one on her PC (it's an old windows 2000 pro) so I set her up to use meebo.com instead.

RE: Explicit vulgar messages sent while not logged in by Spunky on 04-08-2009 at 10:20 PM

You can "Appear Offline" from most "Clients" (that let you log into the MSN network