Shoutbox

[Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" (/showthread.php?tid=90084)

[Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-09-2009 at 09:03 PM

Update: Expect a light version soon!
Hi! =)
Soon I'll release codename "The Favourite - Dark", but need opinions first!

[Image: tf1.png]
[Image: tf2.png]
[Image: tf3.png]
[Image: tf4.png]
[Image: tf5.png]
[Image: tf6.png]
[Image: tf7.png]
[Image: tf8.png]

Any suggestions?

(By the way, will change those buttons' [OK, cancel...] backgrounds, and also the color panel button, and the font is optional)

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Thor on 04-09-2009 at 09:05 PM

A more light version.

Apart from that, it looks sweet. Would be better to have some color on the icons though IMHO.

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by robert_dll on 04-09-2009 at 09:06 PM

nice :)

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-09-2009 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Thor
A more light version.
That's why it's "The favourite - Dark" =P, will release the "Light" version at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by Thor
Apart from that, it looks sweet. Would be better to have some color on the icons though IMHO.
Ok, thanks =)
Think I'll add an option to revert icons back to default.
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by tony on 04-09-2009 at 09:27 PM

change the font, or at least make it bigger, its pretty hard to read.

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by LuckyMe on 04-09-2009 at 09:31 PM

It looks clean, I hope there´s an option to put the dashboard back to the top of the contact list, great job indeed (Y)

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by vaccination on 04-09-2009 at 09:35 PM

Change the font, jesus christ...

EDIT: Good man..

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-09-2009 at 09:36 PM

The options until now:
[Image: options.png]

(And didn't I mention I'll add more fonts later...? Anyways, there IS the option to revert fonts back to original =) )

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by coolzee on 04-09-2009 at 09:40 PM

Looks great, looking forward to the release. :)

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Nagamasa on 04-09-2009 at 09:46 PM

I'm just curious, blessedguy, why did you make the MeArea in the Contact List window at the bottom?

I mean, it's a pretty useless feature imo unless you're just trying to show off :P

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-09-2009 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I'm just curious, blessedguy, why did you make the MeArea in the Contact List window at the bottom?

I mean, it's a pretty useless feature imo unless you're just trying to show off :P
I prefer it in the bottom =P Seems better, as it's the less important thing in the Contact List.
BTW, it is in the top by default.
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Andylongi on 04-09-2009 at 10:43 PM

how does it look when you use tab chat?

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-09-2009 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
how does it look when you use tab chat?
haven't changed it yet... So it's the default look, yet
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by warmth on 04-09-2009 at 10:51 PM

Good work... let me know if you need to test it ;)

RE: RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Willz on 04-10-2009 at 12:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Yeah the font is the only thing I would say is bad. The design is really nice though. Ive never really liked the dashboard at the bottom, it doesn't really flow the way most windows are where main controls are all at the top.

I'd say use a font like Helvetica Neue. It would suit the clean style of the skin.
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Rolando on 04-10-2009 at 04:59 AM

Hate the font, nice skin.

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by James Potter on 04-10-2009 at 05:04 AM

Change the DP borders, and it'll all be good. ;) :P

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by IA015 on 04-10-2009 at 08:32 AM

A function as makes it possible to change the font size would not hurt :)

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Andylongi on 04-10-2009 at 10:18 AM

I really like it but i have a problem im using tab chats and there is the blue colour where is files etc would it be possible to change this colour so that it fits to the others (like it was in MSN 8,5)

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Menthix on 04-10-2009 at 01:15 PM

Looks very nice, and there seems to be a big demand for dark skins.

I wouldn't go with that font by default though, too hard to read. May be better without italics.

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-10-2009 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
Hate the font, nice skin.

Ok, everybody hated the font =P

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Yeah the font is the only thing I would say is bad. The design is really nice though. Ive never really liked the dashboard at the bottom, it doesn't really flow the way most windows are where main controls are all at the top.

I'd say use a font like Helvetica Neue. It would suit the clean style of the skin.
Thanks for the suggestion =P, will add it.

quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
Change the DP borders, and it'll all be good. ;) :P
Next step... want to see if I can also add the animations.

quote:
I really like it but i have a problem im using tab chats and there is the blue colour where is files etc would it be possible to change this colour so that it fits to the others (like it was in MSN 8,5)
I think yes... Will check =)

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Looks very nice, and there seems to be a big demand for dark skins.

I wouldn't go with that font by default though, too hard to read. May be better without italics.
It is an Italics-only font =/, and I will add more fonts =P. It was the first that looked nice to me... anyways, you all will have a good number of fonts to choose. Btw, it isn't turned on by default.

And yeah, people want dark skins because of that black-into-red problem I think.

Thanks everybody for the comments! =)
Will change somethinfs now and then show it here.

Update:
Available fonts:
  • Aerovias Brasil NF
  • Drummon Narrow
  • Drummon
  • Helvetica 45 Light
  • Helvetica Neue
  • Speedbal No1 NF

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Andylongi on 04-11-2009 at 09:26 AM

Cant wait for it i know it will be my favorite skin hope you will release it soon!

RE: RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by IA015 on 04-11-2009 at 09:32 AM

quote:
It is an Italics-only font =/, and I will add more fonts =P. It was the first that looked nice to me... anyways, you all will have a good number of fonts to choose. Btw, it isn't turned on by default.

And yeah, people want dark skins because of that black-into-red problem I think.

Thanks everybody for the comments! =)
Will change somethinfs now and then show it here.

Update:
Available fonts:
  • Aerovias Brasil NF
  • Drummon Narrow
  • Drummon
  • Helvetica 45 Light
  • Helvetica Neue
  • Speedbal No1 NF

I can suggest the 'Monotype Corsiva' font, it looks kinda old but nice :P
RE: RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Willz on 04-11-2009 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy

Yeah dark skins aren't too easy to work with, especially when some text colors can't be changed. I've been working on a dark skin as well and have had to go with a bit of trickery to get it happening.

Thankfully the black to red thing only happens with images. If you use colors they work properly (which is a bit weird).
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-11-2009 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Cant wait for it i know it will be my favorite skin hope you will release it soon!
Nice =P, and yes, I will release it soon.

quote:
Originally posted by IA015
I can suggest the 'Monotype Corsiva' font, it looks kinda old but nice :P
LOL, I had forgotten about Monotype Corsiva =P, I've used that font for ages, like in MSN Messenger 6.1. Thanks for the suggestion =)

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Thankfully the black to red thing only happens with images. If you use colors they work properly (which is a bit weird).
Yeah... already saw that...

P.S.: But dark images seem to colorize well to black:
[Image: notatall.png]
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by IA015 on 04-11-2009 at 01:07 PM

A skin as have the ability to change font is someting extra to me... I just had to say it xD

And I came up with a another idea. Maybe make a function as makes it possible for skin users to change the font by importing .ttf files into the skin. By that, you can change to which font you want =D
Idk if thats even possible but it would be a nice thing, just an help idea :P

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-11-2009 at 01:11 PM

quote:
And I came up with a another idea. Maybe make a function as makes it possible for skin users to change the font by importing .ttf files into the skin. By that, you can change to which font you want =D
Idk if thats even possible but it would be a nice thing, just an help idea :P
Hadn't thought about that... Anyways, don't thing that would be possible, as it is needed to declare the font with it's name in the SkinInfo =/
RE: RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by IA015 on 04-11-2009 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Hadn't thought about that... Anyways, don't thing that would be possible, as it is needed to declare the font with it's name in the SkinInfo =/
oh ok, but still nice that you are able to change the font anyway =)
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-11-2009 at 05:53 PM

Update:
[Image: fav1.png]
[Image: fav2.png]
[Image: fav3.png]
[Image: fav4.png]
[Image: fav5.png]
[Image: fav6.png]
[Image: fav7.png]
[Image: fav8.png]

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by IA015 on 04-11-2009 at 05:56 PM

Really nice! Do you have any idea when you gonna release it :)?

Edit: I really Like the negative colored icons to :P

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Eddie on 04-11-2009 at 06:00 PM

I like it, sort of reminds me of Volv's skin, however this is very well developed, and yay im famous :D

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-11-2009 at 06:02 PM

quote:
When it's finished ;p
Not really long though...
There's only the Browser, Add/Edit Contact/Group/Category and the pop-up windows.

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
yay im famous :D
lool =P

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
I like it, sort of reminds me of Volv's skin, however this is very well developed
Thanks! =)
You mean "Oil Slick", right? Only now saw some similarities... Not much, only the dark colors, and the MinMaxClose buttons.
RE: RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by IA015 on 04-11-2009 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
When it's finished ;p
Not really long though...
Ther's only the Browser, Add/Edit Contact/Group/Category and the pop-up windows.
sounds good. Take your time ;)
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by foaly on 04-11-2009 at 10:02 PM

was gonna say that I really didn't like the font :P
but almost everyone beat me to it :D
very nice skin! will definitely try it...

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-11-2009 at 11:59 PM

The files.bg.blessedguys.com isn't answearing, so no screenshots for a while =P Already back =D

Download preview version here

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Andylongi on 04-12-2009 at 05:55 AM

Nice so far but please put in the option where to choose the DP on the left or right side (and also the Symbols for online, offline, etc) and pls change the colour background for files etc when using Tab Chats (hope you know what i mean) bc it is still blue there for me when i use Tabs

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by IA015 on 04-12-2009 at 08:20 AM

really nice!:D The small problem is the font size "/ If it was a bit larger at least in the contactlist it would have been perfect =)

Edit: When I try to change the font to something other, it won't change :S

Edit2: It was only for Comic Sans MS.

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-12-2009 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Nice so far but please put in the option where to choose the DP on the left or right side
There is it: Conversation > Original DP. The roll-over text explains it better.

quote:
(and also the Symbols for online, offline, etc)
(Y)

quote:
Edit: When I try to change the font to something other, it won't change :S

Edit2: It was only for Comic Sans MS.
My fault =P
Please open "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\The Favourite\OptionsPanel\OI.xml", go to line 164 and change
XML code:
Item Id="mc.ttf"

to
XML code:
Item Id="cs.ttf"

quote:
when using Tab Chats (hope you know what i mean) bc it is still blue there for me when i use Tabs
Forgot to change it =X, will fix that

quote:
really nice!:D The small problem is the font size "/ If it was a bit larger at least in the contactlist it would have been perfect =)
Not possible to make them larger, I guess

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by vaccination on 04-12-2009 at 04:58 PM

Looks so much better with the new font  =p

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Andylongi on 04-12-2009 at 11:48 PM

Cant wait for the final release it looks really perfect, but just one Problem if my friends write in black Letters i cant really read them very well so my question could you make the background in the chat window just a lil bit lighter but pls not a "normal" white. i do have also another question could you maybe make the plus and the script sign in the contact list  and also the sign for  incoming mails a lil bit smaller?

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-12-2009 at 11:56 PM

Same problem =P
Ok, will see what can I do about it =) (Maybe add a translucid box in it...)
About the buttons, OK, it's easy, quick, will add it =)

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by [albertoh] on 04-13-2009 at 01:38 AM

It looks great, but if you modificate this three buttons in bottom left will looks more great yet :D

RE: RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by IA015 on 04-13-2009 at 10:41 AM

quote:
but just one Problem if my friends write in black Letters i cant really read them very well so my question could you make the background in the chat window just a lil bit lighter but pls not a "normal" white. i do have also another question could you maybe make the plus and the script sign in the contact list  and also the sign for  incoming mails a lil bit smaller?
You can go into  msn Plus options and choose conversations tab then go to the formatting tab and there you can select a button: "ignore fonts as my contacts are using" then press on the font button to the right and walla, free for you to choose which color and font you want on your contacts messages :P
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Andylongi on 04-17-2009 at 05:14 PM

Cant wait for the release hope it will be ready soon

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 04-17-2009 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Cant wait for the release hope it will be ready soon
It will be =). There is going to be another holiday next week, so I guess I'll have time to do it
RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Andylongi on 04-25-2009 at 02:28 PM

Please release it soon!!!!!! cant wait for it!

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by Andylongi on 05-02-2009 at 04:19 PM

Well i dont want to bother you but when do you think this skin will be rleased?

RE: [Preview] Codename "The Favourite - Dark" by blessedguy on 05-02-2009 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Well i dont want to bother you but when do you think this skin will be rleased?
In fact, I don't know =), but it will be in May.
mynetx requested a skin, and I'm currently working on it, then I'll finish it.