Shoutbox

Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone (/showthread.php?tid=90105)

Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone by messengernewbie on 04-11-2009 at 12:41 AM

So it appears i might be catching someone in a lie. Im just looking for the truth.
This person is saying they are not able to get to a computer/internet to use msn messenger or email.
I have blocked this person on msn messenger, so they dont see me online. And Im seeing this person appearing online a couple times a day. Do they have to get to a computer and have internet connection for this to happen, or is there any possibility they could show up online via a cell phone somehow using msn/windows instant messenger through that??????

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, WHAT THE INTERNET HAS DONE FOR TRUST NOWADAYS :)

Any experienced knowledge could save me a lot of time and trouble.
thanks

RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone by Menthix on 04-11-2009 at 01:03 AM

Apart from a PC you can also email and sign in to Messenger from a mobile phone / PDA / Xbox / Laptop / Mac :p / Someone else's PC.

In all cases you will need some type of internet connection, but you can get that in various way apart from just your ISP at home (mobile phone provider / Public access points / Work / School / Friends / etc. / etc.).

Just talk to the person when you see him/her online. If they don't reply they just don't want to talk to you and you should probably just get over that.

RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone by messengernewbie on 04-11-2009 at 01:11 AM

Thanks menthix, yeah its a girl who's in Panama saying she is in the jungle for a couple days and has no access to computer or internet. says she can sometimes get cell service. but anyways it sounds like i shouldnt waste my time. 

RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone by Menthix on 04-11-2009 at 01:23 AM

There is another possibility BTW: She could have checked the "remember my password" and "automatically sign-in..." option at her home computer or somewhere else. When other people use that PC her name pops up while she's not actually there.

RE: RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell ph by messengernewbie on 04-11-2009 at 01:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
There is another possibility BTW: She could have checked the "remember my password" and "automatically sign-in..." option at her home computer or somewhere else. When other people use that PC her name pops up while she's not actually there.
Ahhhhhhh, good point.  Thanks a lot Menthix
RE: Can Someone Appear Online without using a computer-like maybe using a cell phone by Vilkku on 04-11-2009 at 06:10 AM

How about instead of blocking her and being all suspicious, simply unblock her and go all "oh hey wow what are you doing online so great to see you" when she logs on? :dodgy: