Shoutbox

What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? (/showthread.php?tid=90136)

What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by M73A on 04-12-2009 at 07:37 PM

Really confused...

Same pc that i've been having trouble with, cleared up a LOT of crap (that's what going to uni and leaving a pc with your parents does!!)

so, about these files:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=959238]

RE: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by blessedguy on 04-12-2009 at 07:45 PM

I'd delete everything except"Doccuments and Settings", "Program Files", "Windows", ".rnd" and "AVG7QT.DAT"...
Geez! What are all tohse .exes?

RE: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by M73A on 04-12-2009 at 07:48 PM

im keeping the other folders, download is obv downloads and garmin is to do with updating the maps on my satnav lol.

oh and dell is drivers for this machine (dell if you hadn't have guessed lol)

RE: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by ipab on 04-12-2009 at 07:55 PM

Looks like an infection to me...

RE: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by blessedguy on 04-12-2009 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
im keeping the other folders, download is obv downloads and garmin is to do with updating the maps on my satnav lol.

Didn't know about the Dell thingy =)
Neither Garmin. About the Downloads one, I'd delete it anyways =P, keeping only what's necessary.

=O oh my... what have they done with your (?) pc? =O
RE: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by Menthix on 04-12-2009 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
Looks like an infection to me...
Indeed, randomly named EXEs is never a good sign. Scan them.
RE: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by ShawnZ on 04-12-2009 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by M73A

Didn't know about the Dell thingy =)
Neither Garmin. About the Downloads one, I'd delete it anyways =P, keeping only what's necessary.

=O oh my... what have they done with your (?) pc? =O

...why not just scan the entire computer?
RE: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by M73A on 04-12-2009 at 08:41 PM

the .exes didnt come up with an infection, but i have just had spybot and my antivirus removing a ton of crap! shall see how things go now!

RE: RE: What the hell is this? and Can i delete it? by davidpolitis on 04-14-2009 at 10:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
...why not just scan the entire computer?
And maybe reinstall afterwards. :P