Shoutbox

Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried (/showthread.php?tid=90140)

Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by brjohnsmith on 04-13-2009 at 12:05 PM

Hi,

After I install Plus!, some contacts are complaing about the messages received with a big delay, and sometimes the messages are not deliveried. It seems that the problem is not only when I send, but when the contacts send the messages as well, and I dont receive it. Before installing Plus!, I had no problem about this issue.

I just installed Plus!, because it was the only way to increase the size of the messages (1100 chars), however, if anyone knows how to do it without Plus, I would appreciate receiving the solution.

I am using WLM 2009 - 14.0.8064.206, Plus! 4.81.0.358 and Windows Vista Business.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks.

RE: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by brjohnsmith on 04-20-2009 at 01:10 PM

Hi,

Additional information:

I don't use any add-ons on WML, and I have installed Messenger Plus and WLM more than four times, including in a clean installation.

Does anyone had problem with it or noticed something similar?

thanks.

RE: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by Maranello on 05-10-2009 at 09:34 PM

I'm encountering the same problem:
When conversations are 'inactive' (not to confuse with Inactive-status) for a few minutes, the next somewhat messages aren't delivered anymore. Without any "Message could not be delivered"- error. Also the /ping doesnt reply a with a pong anymore. Mostly the connection comes back 'alive' after some messages.

It is very annoying that you don't know what messages are actually delivered. Only a /ping could help with that. Hope someone can reproduce this problem and find a solution for it.

Some version information:
Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0206
Messenger Plus! Live 4.81.0.358

RE: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by Patchou on 05-11-2009 at 07:09 PM

I can confirm this problem is in no way related to Messenger Plus!. This is probably an intermitent problem on the Messenger servers.

RE: RE: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by Schnappi on 05-16-2009 at 06:29 PM

How do you go about the ping process?

quote:
Originally posted by Maranello
I'm encountering the same problem:
When conversations are 'inactive' (not to confuse with Inactive-status) for a few minutes, the next somewhat messages aren't delivered anymore. Without any "Message could not be delivered"- error. Also the /ping doesnt reply a with a pong anymore. Mostly the connection comes back 'alive' after some messages.

It is very annoying that you don't know what messages are actually delivered. Only a /ping could help with that. Hope someone can reproduce this problem and find a solution for it.

Some version information:
Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0206
Messenger Plus! Live 4.81.0.358

RE: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by blessedguy on 05-16-2009 at 07:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
How do you go about the ping process?
If your message was actually not delivered because of messenger's network, your contact didn't receive the /ping message so that it could answear....
RE: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by Schnappi on 05-17-2009 at 07:42 AM

How do I test whether the msg was sent with the /ping command?

oh i got it already.
I use /ping on my contact and i should receive back a pong with the timing in seconds.

right?
if there's no reply/response means the problem has surfaced.
RE: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by Patchou on 05-17-2009 at 04:56 PM

yep, right :)

RE: Delay and sometimes - the messages are not deliveried by Schnappi on 05-17-2009 at 04:58 PM

but it only works with contacts with plus installed. =\