Shoutbox

[Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. (/showthread.php?tid=90153)

[Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 04-14-2009 at 04:38 AM

[Image: 2e1g4fr.png]

Well I always wanted to do something like this, this one i´ts called "Stealth" (you know for the dark :P) I think this skin will fit on most desktops, but for those who don´t like the dark wave so much, the skin has the possibility to switch to, color mode :D.

There are (as usual) options to hide or show items you don´t need from messenger, and options to customize the theme as well.

I want to say thanks to all testers for all their invaluable help, part of this work belongs to them ;)

Some screens:

[Image: 20u8t20.png]
[Image: 1zgdba9.png]
[Image: 1zftndi.png]
[Image: el5n4m.png]
[Image: 29ws6wx.png]

Tips:

- Add some transparency to the windows and You´ll get a nice result.
- Users who want email button back on its original place (top toolbar) may want to take a look at the skin folder to find a tool that will fix that.

Version 1.01

DOWNLOAD

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by ZOiD on 04-14-2009 at 04:50 AM

Hello!!!!

You have the dark power!

Its  a very very very Nice dark skin, for friend's lovers of  dark!

Seelater!!!

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Phillip on 04-14-2009 at 09:09 AM

Not bad, nice and sleek. Still would have to change a few things for me to like it =p

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Basilis on 04-14-2009 at 09:16 AM

I like the glossy bars but not the background behind them that is simple gray. Add a gradient to it maybe? :)

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by RexMundi412 on 04-14-2009 at 09:31 AM

Looking good. The only thing I didn't like was the white texting area.

RE: RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Andylongi on 04-14-2009 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RexMundi412

Yes you are right i like it but also dont really like the white background in the Message Window.
RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by tony on 04-14-2009 at 01:42 PM

Nice looking one ;).

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by robert_dll on 04-14-2009 at 03:34 PM

Nice :P

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by LuckyMe on 04-14-2009 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Not bad, nice and sleek. Still would have to change a few things for me to like it =p

Feel free to comment what you like or not it may be useful for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I like the glossy bars but not the background behind them that is simple gray. Add a gradient to it maybe? :)

maybe :D

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
quote:
Originally posted by RexMundi412

Yes you are right i like it but also dont really like the white background in the Message Window.

Yeah, the idea is to have both choices, dark or white background for those areas, but yay that white over black background kinda hurts the eyes, have a look preview #3.

Thanks for the comments
RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Andylongi on 04-14-2009 at 07:01 PM

Looks much better with this new background!

sorry for double posting just one more question how will it look when im using the tab chat? hope it will not be a blue background bc it would hurts in my eyes.
RE: RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by LuckyMe on 04-14-2009 at 11:59 PM

quote:
sorry for double posting just one more question how will it look when im using the tab chat? hope it will not be a blue background bc it would hurts in my eyes.

That´s right, it´s not blue:

tabs

I wish we could have more control when skinning tabs, but well for now it´s all we have. I´ll keep you informed about the skin :D
RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Andylongi on 04-15-2009 at 04:59 AM

wow im sure i will use it i like all those dark Skins!

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Shiny Rabbit on 04-16-2009 at 06:38 PM

whoah that's nice, if you make a coulourisable one I'd use it

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Andylongi on 04-16-2009 at 06:43 PM

cant wait for the release hope it will be soon!

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by LuckyMe on 04-17-2009 at 03:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
whoah that's nice, if you make a coulourisable one I'd use it

I´m sure it will look good with some color, I will post some pics on the next days.

quote:
cant wait for the release hope it will be soon!

Yeah, I´m working hard to finish as soon as possible, thanks for your interest guys

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Ryddyck on 04-17-2009 at 04:39 PM

Very nice, I love it since the screenshots ^^

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Andylongi on 04-25-2009 at 02:26 PM

Anything new aoubt this skin i cant wait for the release!

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Andylongi on 05-02-2009 at 04:31 PM

I just wanted to know is there anything new about this skin? Hope you will release it soon! Cant really wait for it!

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Spunky on 05-02-2009 at 08:26 PM

I can't wait for this as I've gone back to XP and using the Luna Elements visual style... :p

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by LuckyMe on 05-05-2009 at 12:19 AM

Hey guys, now I´m working on the colour version but I´m having some troubles because of some elements not taking colour properly (I think it´s messenger fault) so yeah i´m dealing with this for now, when I get a solid versión of the skin I will contact the ones who seem to be interested via pm for you to test & taste :P. I guess it will take like a week or more so please be patient :D.

oh and yay, thanks for the comments.

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Baggins on 05-05-2009 at 12:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LuckyMe
I will contact the ones who seem to be interested via pm for you to test & taste
You can add my name to that list ;)
RE: RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by LuckyMe on 05-21-2009 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Baggins

Done! :D

Well, I´ve sent the finished skin to everyone who have commented in here. so as long as none of them find a bug or something, the skin will be sent to database soon, also take a look at the main post, there are more screenies, so yeah ;)
RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Eddie on 05-21-2009 at 04:21 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Baggins

Done! :D

Well, I´ve sent the finished skin to everyone who have commented in here. so as long as none of them find a bug or something, the skin will be sent to database soon, also take a look at the main post, there are more screenies, so yeah ;)
Looks very nice, i might take a look at it when you release it! I like the coloured version more to be honest, but thats only because im bored of seeing black skins hehe.
RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Shiny Rabbit on 05-24-2009 at 09:16 AM

I've tested your skin, all I can say is maybe make a lighter colourisable one for those like me who like things a bit lighter

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by SergeantCross8 on 05-25-2009 at 03:08 AM

Wow. This skin looks awesome! Can't wait for it's release so I can try it out!

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Andylongi on 05-25-2009 at 07:36 AM

i love it especialy the black one but im wondering bc i cant see how many mails i`ve got to my hotmail account. And pls if it is possible make the background colour in the message window a lil bit lighter.

Btw thanks for letting me be a Beta Tester.

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by wta121 on 05-26-2009 at 10:40 AM

Hey guys

I saw the pictures on the first page and this skin looks awesome. When will it be out because I really want to try it!

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by LuckyMe on 05-30-2009 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
I've tested your skin, all I can say is maybe make a lighter colourisable one for those like me who like things a bit lighter

Well, it´s kinda difficult for now because making it lighter means also I would  have to change font color on every single text, so if I decide to do that then it will take a while, btw thaks for testing ;)

quote:
Originally posted by SergeantCross8
Wow. This skin looks awesome! Can't wait for it's release so I can try it out!

I hope it will be finished soon, so stay tuned :P

quote:
i love it especialy the black one but im wondering bc i cant see how many mails i`ve got to my hotmail account.

Yeah u right, mail counter does not work when moved to bottom toolbar, that´s a limitation for now :( however i´ll keep looking for a workaround.

quote:

And pls if it is possible make the background colour in the message window a lil bit lighter.

Yeah, i guess you ask for that because of those contacts with black nicknames, so yeah i´ll try to make it a bit lighter :)

quote:

Btw thanks for letting me be a Beta Tester.

Thanks to you, I really find very useful all of the suggestions I received, the second Beta will be available soon, so I´ll need your help again :P

quote:
Originally posted by wta121
Hey guys

I saw the pictures on the first page and this skin looks awesome. When will it be out because I really want to try it!

Yay, I´m about to finish it, just a few days and it will be on DB, Thanks

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by insider on 05-31-2009 at 09:19 PM

I also want to try the skin.
I am so surprised by the images.

--------------------------------------------

También quiero probar el skin.
Estoy muy sorprendido por las imágenes.

RE: RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by SergeantCross8 on 06-01-2009 at 11:08 PM

quote:

Yeah u right, mail counter does not work when moved to bottom toolbar, that´s a limitation for now :( however i´ll keep looking for a workaround.

All you have to do to see how many emails you have is right-click on the icon down in the taskbar. It says at the top of the list.
RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by Snarr on 06-02-2009 at 12:46 AM

May I test it? I love it so much.

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by LuckyMe on 06-02-2009 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by insider
I also want to try the skin.
I am so surprised by the images.
--------------------------------------------
También quiero probar el skin.
Estoy muy sorprendido por las imágenes.

Ok, check your PM :)

quote:
quote:

All you have to do to see how many emails you have is right-click on the icon down in the taskbar. It says at the top of the list.

However i´ve created an option to put mail button back to its original place (it´s a regkey on skin folder because there is not enought room in option panel).

quote:
Originally posted by Snarr
May I test it? I love it so much.

Yeah! why not, check your PM I´m sending a download link.

Well, second private beta is on testers hands I´ve fixed a couple bugs and addded more options having in mind all of  your sugestions, I think it will be on DB very soon, yay! :o

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by wta121 on 06-06-2009 at 09:32 AM

can i test it too?

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by LuckyMe on 06-07-2009 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Toxn
this skin looks pretty awesome. if u want another tester u can have me. im on msn all the time and usually messing around with it.

quote:
can i test it too?

Thanks guys but there is no need really, I think the skin is working fine now, so give me a couple days and it will be submitted to database, I´m  just working on the wallpaper for now :)

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by SergeantCross8 on 06-07-2009 at 01:59 PM

I tried the beta. This is one of the best skins I have seen for Messenger 9. Good job dude!

RE: Preview [Stealth - another dark skin yet] by KupoMaster on 06-09-2009 at 07:57 AM

I wanna test it too! O 3O it looks so awesome! i joined just cause of this theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its soooooooooooooooooooooooo aesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *goes into fanboy mode* SO KAWAII!!!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 06-09-2009 at 07:27 PM

Submitted to DB, waiting for the good Menthix to do his work :P

as soon as i get the download link, main post will be updated.

Hope you enjoy it guys :D

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by bigb88 on 06-10-2009 at 12:59 AM

cant wait to use this

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by SergeantCross8 on 06-10-2009 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bigb88
cant wait to use this

Yea its a pretty awesome skin.
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by bigb88 on 06-10-2009 at 01:05 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bigb88
cant wait to use this

Yea its a pretty awesome skin.

yea i know got to test it lol :), just waiting for this to hit the db so can get this one
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by tktommy on 06-10-2009 at 03:59 AM

may i be a test member???

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by bigb88 on 06-10-2009 at 04:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tktommy
may i be a test member???

welcome to msghelp and testing is done the skin will be out soon as it says in the post above :)
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by tktommy on 06-10-2009 at 04:45 AM

oh...thx...I HOPE THAT IT CAN RELEASE QUICKLY...^^

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 06-10-2009 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tktommy
oh...thx...I HOPE THAT IT CAN RELEASE QUICKLY...^^

On DB  right now!
Have fun :D
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by SergeantCross8 on 06-10-2009 at 07:24 PM

sweet! ill have to update my version.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Toxn on 06-10-2009 at 07:51 PM

Skin turned out great. http://msgplus.net/skins/view/160-Stealth/

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by IA015 on 06-11-2009 at 12:38 PM

Can I in some way add a new font?

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by wta121 on 06-11-2009 at 05:45 PM

The skin is great,  but how do I change the colour to red, properly. When I change the colour from black to blue in the Stealth option menu its blue like it says. But cant turn it red unless I go to the msn scenes menu, but everytime i reopen messenger its just blue again! any help?

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 06-11-2009 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by IA015
Can I in some way add a new font?

Nope for now, butI´ll try to add an option to make that possible in the next versión ;)

quote:
The skin is great,  but how do I change the colour to red, properly. When I change the colour from black to blue in the Stealth option menu its blue like it says. But cant turn it red unless I go to the msn scenes menu, but everytime i reopen messenger its just blue again! any help?

Well, that´s the only way the color must can be changed, if I make individual color images, the size of the skin would be bigger.

There should be no change when you restart your messenger, unless you use a different account, an advice would be to select the color from the button "more colors" in the scene selection window, that way some texts won´t have a weird look (messenger fault).

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by SergeantCross8 on 06-11-2009 at 08:55 PM

btw, are the toasts and little popup menus supposed to be blue? or are they supposed to match your current color scheme. cuz those are the only things that arn't green on my messenger...

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by mrgrotey on 06-11-2009 at 10:16 PM

Hi there, I absoutely love this skin, but in the preview screenshot you have removed the ads from the bottom of the contacts list window, how do you do this? I cant seem to find any option for that?

Cheers :)

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by SergeantCross8 on 06-11-2009 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mrgrotey
Hi there, I absoutely love this skin, but in the preview screenshot you have removed the ads from the bottom of the contacts list window, how do you do this? I cant seem to find any option for that?

look in the program files for the skin (C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Stealth). there is a regedit file. open it and click ok. restart messenger
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 06-12-2009 at 01:10 AM

quote:
btw, are the toasts and little popup menus supposed to be blue? or are they supposed to match your current color scheme. cuz those are the only things that arn't green on my messenger...

Unfortunately that´s a limitation we skinners have, not only notifications but tabs an other windows don´t take the color properly, I know that´s messenger fault but I wonder if Messenger Plus! guys can do anything about that :P

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mrgrotey

look in the program files for the skin (C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Stealth). there is a regedit file. open it and click ok. restart messenger

Yeah that reg is called "NO ADS" so you should have no problems with that :)

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by mrgrotey on 06-12-2009 at 05:33 AM

Brilliant! it worked a treat, love it even more now! ;)
thanks for making it.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by tktommy on 06-13-2009 at 12:47 AM

YEAH..it had been released...
i am waiting for along time..
let me try to use it...

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by cutiepi on 06-16-2009 at 10:13 PM

for some reason, when i try to download it, it keeps telling me that "the file you have tried to load does not appear to be a valid messenger skin pack" is anyone else having this problem? its only with this skin, and i kinda wanted it.
btw, i really like your skin, it looks so cool.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by sentinel on 06-16-2009 at 10:21 PM

Rawr.

I'm having the same problem as cutiepi. This is such a wicked skin and I'd really like to use it. Hopefully this can all be sorted out. 'Cause seriously, this skin is my new favourite.

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 06-16-2009 at 11:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cutiepi
for some reason, when i try to download it, it keeps telling me that "the file you have tried to load does not appear to be a valid messenger skin pack" is anyone else having this problem? its only with this skin, and i kinda wanted it.
btw, i really like your skin, it looks so cool.
quote:
Originally posted by sentinel
Rawr.

I'm having the same problem as cutiepi. This is such a wicked skin and I'd really like to use it. Hopefully this can all be sorted out. 'Cause seriously, this skin is my new favourite.

Please check you do have the latest version of Messenger Plus!, the skin is compatible only with version 4.81

get back if problem is not solved with that ;)
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by cutiepi on 06-17-2009 at 04:41 AM

thanks so much luckyme
i definitely love your skin, better than some of the other ones ive used
KEEP MAKING MORE, id download them :D lolz.
but its great ! (Y)

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by sentinel on 06-17-2009 at 08:47 PM

Well, I just installed 4.81 two days ago. But in case something went wrong with the installation, I just re-downloaded it and tried it again and... I'm still getting the same error message.

Maybe this skin is just too stealthy for this computer, haha.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Hellekin on 06-20-2009 at 10:46 PM

good work, i really like that skin, but i have a little problem. after installing this (and any other skin) the advertisement field in the contact list is shown again. i'm using the newest wlm version with msg plus and a-patch.
if i switch back to the standard wlm skin the ad-field is gone...

any idea on how to get rid of the contact list ad while using skins?

thanks in advance ;)

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by robert_dll on 06-20-2009 at 10:57 PM

Look inside the installatio folder of all the skins you install, you will find something to remove them there. When you apply a skin, all changes made by A-patch will disappear if the skin touches the same part of the UI code.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Hellekin on 06-21-2009 at 06:30 AM

thank you, that worked :D

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Merter on 07-05-2009 at 02:42 PM

@Lucky: Fantastic skin, loving it!

Has anyone found a good resolution to displaying text when using the black background in chat windows?

For example, when I set it to the black background, both my text and my contacts text is black, I can change my text to white, but then I have to send white text and I have very unhappy contacts.

Is there anyway to keep sending black text to contacts, yet force both mine and their text to white/light grey in my chat window?

Any help appreciated, for now I'm using the white background at 50% opacity but it doesnt look half as good.

Many thanks,

Merter

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by insider on 07-06-2009 at 10:00 PM

can ignore the font and text color of your contacts ;)

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Merter on 07-06-2009 at 10:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by insider
can ignore the font and text color of your contacts ;)

Any idea how?

Also any recommendations for resolving outgoing text?
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by insider on 07-07-2009 at 12:05 AM

sorry but my msn is in Spanish :^)

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by blabal on 07-09-2009 at 04:22 PM

I updated to version 4.82 of Messenger Plus! today, which brought that yellow icon signifying the forthcoming Messenger Plus! contest that kinda interests me. The problem is, later I installed the Stealth skin, and this yellow icon disappeared from the bar... Is there any way to bring it back? I'm only asking because that little icon would help me not forget about the contest, and keep my eye on it. I know there's also a button in the Plus! menu, "Play and Win!...", but that's no help for me remembering to check if something is new with the contest.
I could just place a note somewhere about the contest for myself and that's that :D but this might be useful for other users too.
Thanks.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by ZOiD on 07-10-2009 at 06:51 PM

Hello!!!

Sorry but LuckyMe is very very busy, and him can't update this...
But may be later..  i dont Know....

Seelater....

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Kenji on 07-10-2009 at 06:59 PM

Its ok, if you got rid of the gloss id use it.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 07-12-2009 at 04:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Merter
@Lucky: Fantastic skin, loving it!

Has anyone found a good resolution to displaying text when using the black background in chat windows?

For example, when I set it to the black background, both my text and my contacts text is black, I can change my text to white, but then I have to send white text and I have very unhappy contacts.

Is there anyway to keep sending black text to contacts, yet force both mine and their text to white/light grey in my chat window?

Any help appreciated, for now I'm using the white background at 50% opacity but it doesnt look half as good.

Many thanks,

Merter

Well, I´ve been looking for a solution to that, but unfortunately there´s not much to do about that via skinning. In fact the option to choose between two background colors and set their opacity, was an attempt to have different Background/Textcolor combinations. However right now we skinners have no control over these elements in chat window, wich means it´s not possible for now :( really sorry.

The only thing I guess you can do is set the color to something different like blue or red, that can not be an option to certain people but ohhwell :P

quote:
Originally posted by blabal
I updated to version 4.82 of Messenger Plus! today, which brought that yellow icon signifying the forthcoming Messenger Plus! contest that kinda interests me. The problem is, later I installed the Stealth skin, and this yellow icon disappeared from the bar... Is there any way to bring it back? I'm only asking because that little icon would help me not forget about the contest, and keep my eye on it. I know there's also a button in the Plus! menu, "Play and Win!...", but that's no help for me remembering to check if something is new with the contest.
I could just place a note somewhere about the contest for myself and that's that :D but this might be useful for other users too.
Thanks.

Yay u right, I´ve submitted version 1.01 to DB, it fixes some minor bugs and also makes the contest button available again (Thanks to Willz for the id :P) of course this is not a big update, I´m planning to add more features in the future but that might take a little while, so stay tunned yeah ;)

The new versión is on Menthix hands, in the meanwhile you can get it from:

HERE

Cheers
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by blessedguy on 07-12-2009 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Well, I´ve been looking for a solution to that, but unfortunately there´s not much to do about that via skinning.
Have you tried to add a white shadow behind the text? It works with history chat, as far as I know. ;)
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 07-13-2009 at 04:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Well, I´ve been looking for a solution to that, but unfortunately there´s not much to do about that via skinning.
Have you tried to add a white shadow behind the text? It works with history chat, as far as I know. ;)

Yes, that can be useful indeed, but how can it be done exactly, any extra info would be great :)

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by blessedguy on 07-13-2009 at 01:41 PM

Just add

code:
AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010))
to the history elements in the 920 definition, I really don't know exactly which one will work. But anyways, an example:

code:
<element layoutpos=top id=atom(convhistorymimic) layout=FillLayout() padding=Rect(0,0,rcint("msgr",20690),0) AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010))>

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by smsr on 07-13-2009 at 05:15 PM

LuckyMe, man, this is the best WLM2009 theme i have ever seen, thank you very much for this work... but i wanna ask you something:

why can't i change messenger window size freely on your theme? for example on the default WLM2009 theme, i can make my messenger window very smaller, but on your theme, i cant do it :(

thanks a lot, and sorry for my awful english...

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by blessedguy on 07-13-2009 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by smsr
why can't i change messenger window size freely on your theme?
Because his skin defines size limits, so that the mask/shape doesn't go crazy.
I haven't yet downloaded it, so I thought it could be that, but then he said it isn't.... So I've got no ideas of what it could be
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by jasperav on 07-14-2009 at 03:23 PM

Its to dark for me... how can you change the colour?
you said it can :(

i go to the upperright, and i select a colour, its still the same dark :(

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 07-14-2009 at 04:33 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by smsr
why can't i change messenger window size freely on your theme?
Because his skin defines size limits, so that the mask/shape doesn't go crazy.

Mmm, are you guys sure about that?

In fact, the size is not restricted in any way through the skininfo, here take a look:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2yoa9vo.png
http://i26.tinypic.com/2j5kq8.png

this is bit weird though, but as far as I know the resize arrows are right there, I wonder if that has to do something with the OS or something ^o)

quote:
Originally posted by jasperav
Its to dark for me... how can you change the colour?
you said it can :(

i go to the upperright, and i select a colour, its still the same dark :(

Yes it´s easy, please open the option panel from the button with a checkmark in the contact list toolbar and when you get to this window:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4r57kj.png

Go to the "Main style"options and select the Color mode, restart your messenger and you´ll get a blue theme, that color can be easily changed from the scene selector window (the same way you said before).

Hope that helps ;)
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by foxace on 07-16-2009 at 05:40 PM

Why not change messenger window size freely on your theme

My os Win7 x64

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by coolbhau on 07-17-2009 at 05:05 PM

Hey...i am trying to change my skin option but i am not able to know what option i am changing. i had this skin before and i could see the option menu perfectly. but after reformatting my pc i installed this skin again and not i cant see the option menu at all. could u pls help me with this..

this is the image i am getting[img]
http://i32.tinypic.com/2r7sccx.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/2r7sccx.jpg

pls help

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by iKingsten on 07-17-2009 at 05:39 PM

I have the same problem plus that when I choose the blue skin, it comes red..

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by ZOiD on 07-17-2009 at 05:52 PM

Hello!!!!

quote:
The new versión is on Menthix hands, in the meanwhile you can get it from:

HERE

Cheers

I don't know if LuckyMe edit this  bug in this version...

Try it...

Seelater!!!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by iKingsten on 07-17-2009 at 06:00 PM

Is that the version showed on the msgplus site?

edit: all fixed. thanks

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by ZOiD on 07-17-2009 at 06:25 PM

Hello!!!

quote:
Originally posted by iKingsten
Is that the version showed on the msgplus site?

edit: all fixed. thanks

No...:P

May be... Menthix8-)

Seelater...
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 07-17-2009 at 07:14 PM

Hey, it´s not a bug, just incompatibility with MP! 4.82.

An updated version should be in the DB, I sent an email to Menthix the past saturday but still I don´t get any notice, He must be very busy :S

As soon as  I get any response I will update the first post, for now please use This one

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by ZOiD on 07-17-2009 at 07:18 PM

Hello!!!!

quote:
Hey, IT'S a bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bug BUg  bug BUg  bug BUg  bug BUg!!!!!!:o):o):o):o):o)

Seelater!!!
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by SilentSymphony on 07-21-2009 at 04:50 AM

I've recently installed this skin and after several bugs and learning how to fix them have encountered this one with the tabbed chat being #1BLACK for one contact and #2LIGHT BLUE for everyone else.

[Image: 1c58722c80066d3449e1e9ed64aa1f39.png]

In case i missed reading that somewhere in this thread, do you plan to fix this?

Sorry, My bad, The updated file you linked above fixxed it.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 07-21-2009 at 05:54 PM

Yes, as I said before versión 1.01 adds compatibility for MP 4.82, that means people will soon get an autoupdate notification ;)

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by SilentSymphony on 07-26-2009 at 06:15 AM

Also when chatting with yahoo users there is a blue bar at top that says (block)

And the flashing buttons on the tabbed chats are flashing blue as well, only one of them is dark grey.

Be awesome if you could fix that with next update!

Regardless great skin.

edit: ill post a picture of them later if needed.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by LuckyMe on 07-28-2009 at 04:09 PM

Well, about the flashing buttons. Because of the actual skinning system, for now it´s not possible to set a different color for them, but yeah it could be awesome because that doesn´t fit the theme really, anyway these details rely on MP! team :P

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by stargaze01 on 08-01-2009 at 10:39 AM

Hi,

I really love this skin, but I seem to have one problem with the converssation window. Its keep being almost transparent for me. The problem is I can't read anything from that window when it is like that. Is it suppose to be like that or is there a way to fix this

[Image: 1zgdba9.png]

so its not transparent?

I seem to have version 2009?

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Toxn on 08-01-2009 at 12:44 PM

Option 1
Skin options > Right below the chat background color shows opacity >make sure its 100%

Option 2
Plus Preferences > Messenger tab > Contact List > Make sure its opaque.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by stargaze01 on 08-01-2009 at 04:21 PM

I don't know why but now other skins are semi-transparent for the conversation..what is going on?

ok, I will try that!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by stargaze01 on 08-01-2009 at 04:23 PM

Found it! Thank you so much!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Combomix on 08-16-2009 at 02:16 PM

Any way to remove this adds???

[Image: captura290.jpg]

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by ZOiD on 08-16-2009 at 04:34 PM

Hi!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Combomix

Try found a .reg file...  (remove adds)
Search in folders of the skin

Maybe interesting this:
here

Eres un lanero  :P  Me too...

Seelater!!!!
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Combomix on 08-16-2009 at 10:13 PM

Jeje, excelent! no se me habia ocurrido buscar el .reg alli.

Saludos lanero ;)

grax

quote:
Originally posted by ZOiD
Hi!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Combomix

Try found a .reg file...  (remove adds)
Search in folders of the skin

Maybe interesting this:
here

Eres un lanero  :P  Me too...

Seelater!!!!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by chuchugaga on 08-23-2009 at 06:07 PM

Hello there.

The email button on the top doesn't seem to be showing the number of new emails. As you can see from the screenshot, I have 1 new email but the button on top does not show that. Any ideas?

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by ZOiD on 08-23-2009 at 06:17 PM

hi!!!
Yeah luckyMe know it... 
BUt him does not anything about it...  XD... 
You can put the email button in the default place...  look the Skinoptions...

Seelater

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by chuchugaga on 08-23-2009 at 07:19 PM

I shifted it to the left which is the default position. That did not seem to solve the problem..

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by ZOiD on 08-23-2009 at 08:19 PM

hi!!!!

Look:

[Image: 00510.png]

Seelater...

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by chuchugaga on 08-24-2009 at 08:55 AM

Got it, thanks!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by DarkDragon2 on 09-20-2009 at 10:07 PM

hi :) your skin is GREAT ... but ... not perfect =\
the cam want go "large" just "little" or "average" , can i do something to make this right ? =X to make the skin PERFECT ;)
thanks

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by SupaSexySheepy23 on 09-21-2009 at 06:07 PM

please could u backdate this so i can use it on 8.5 version because i cannot update my msn on my pc as it crashes on here :( and i really really love this skin on my mates PC and i cant use it :'(

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Szura on 11-05-2009 at 08:09 PM

A few days ago i updated Live messenger Plus, as result of that my preferences screen went nuts. also my e-mail notification message isn't black any more as it should be.
[Image: e9iys9.jpg]

is there anyway to fix this?

Grtz
Szura

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by skarz on 11-06-2009 at 02:59 AM

I like it, my friend has it
I was basically forced to download the new MSN(Which I didn't want to do because of the bugs) and I can't change the skin. I downloaded the Stealth, but it wont change, and I'm getting annoyed! Please help me out!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Yrde on 11-06-2009 at 05:50 PM

I can't change my text color in chat windows, should I be able to change it? If so, how do you do it? If not, could you add that ability in future release?

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by dxbn on 11-07-2009 at 01:52 AM

The stealth skin is pretty good, just one thing, is there a way to remove the yellow Messenger Plus contest button? It wasn't present on the screenshot from the download page. I'm personally not a fan of those contests and if there isn't a way to remove the button please have that option in future release.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by djdannyp on 11-07-2009 at 02:14 AM

If you download the latest Messenger Plus! Live from here then any content relating to the 2009 contest should have been removed

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by dxbn on 11-07-2009 at 02:23 AM

thanks for the reply bt i'm already running the latest M!. the contest button isn't present in other skins i've tried nor the original one. so i believe it relates to the stealth skin.

any other suggestions on removing the contest button from the stealth skin?

thanks in advance

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Yrde on 11-08-2009 at 11:14 PM

dxbn, there is a .reg file for removing it in "Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Stealth" folder.

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by dxbn on 11-13-2009 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Yrde
dxbn, there is a .reg file for removing it in "Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Stealth" folder.

thanks Yrde, that was just the thing i was looking for.:D
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by semperser on 11-24-2009 at 04:12 AM

Anyway to get rid of the advertisement at the bottom of the main window? I have apatch installed, but it's only working with the original skin.

Other than that, love the skin. Keep up the good work.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by BlueOneOne on 01-27-2010 at 11:58 PM

Please help, have a problem. Freezet When I open the menu Animicons ... I remember the WLM. HELP me Please...the Theme is Cool!!!!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by eltselfer on 02-05-2010 at 07:06 PM

The "Skin Option" box isnt proper and i cant read anything !!!! ( PICTURE ATTACHED)

& in the screenshot ... the chatbox has a grey'ish background ... but its all black in the downloaded skin ... and it would be awesome if this was more customizable ... and we could make changes without restarting messenger ... coz thats just annoying

ANOTHER PROBLEM with the skin is ... when people use ebuddy and stuff ... they cant change their font colors ... its black .. and black ON black ... is very straining to read ... so ... if we had an option to change the background of the chat window ( the upper one) ... it would be cool

ANOTHER VERY ANNOYING THING is .. when the tabbed chat is enabled ... and its set on the left side ... the tabs are grey color ... but the background turns light blue , red , and all other shitty colours .... which just sucks .... it would be perfect .. if the background color STAYED black or grey for all the tabs

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 12:08 PM

Heya ! snake !

Got a bug =)

the gaming of the month icon don't disapear

the yellows icons !

quote:
dxbn

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness.
The stealth skin is pretty good, just one thing, is there a way to remove the yellow Messenger Plus contest button? It wasn't present on the screenshot from the download page. I'm personally not a fan of those contests and if there isn't a way to remove the button please have that option in future release.

if you can update i would greatly appreciate!

Cause ur skin is awesome ! otherwise!

If you need any screnshot or else just ask.

or look at here :

Messenger Plus! Live Forums » Messenger Plus! Live Extension » MsgPlus! General Talk » What is the Game of the Month thing?

Keep the black color ! =D

No other problem to report, everything working fine.
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 12:15 PM

It's better to just link to the thread:

What is the Game of the Month thing?

Also you can use the "quote" or "q.quote" buttons at the bottom of a post to quote what someone has said rather than manually copying & pasting ;)

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by brstwind on 03-05-2010 at 03:31 PM

I had the same problem once but recently I found a kind of program in the messenger plus folder (you know C:/program files...) it´s something like "remove buttons" so you open it and there you go, aniway it should be updated so people doesn´t have to deal with it anymore bcause the skin is rly good

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by vascosnts on 03-11-2010 at 03:21 AM

Hi,first of all thanks for the great Stealth skin,i thing is just great,however i only have one thing that i would like to ask,after isntaling this skin i dont receive alerts that i receive new emails,for ex:you have new email message or only the message icon with a 1 or 2(depending the number of new emails),is there any idea waht is the problem?thanks. :)

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Kanine on 03-13-2010 at 06:40 PM

I LOVE THE SKIN!!

it's ausome but theres one thing i really can't figure out, how do I enable this coloe mode thing. The blacks really cool but i'd also like to try the other colors.

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by djdannyp on 03-14-2010 at 01:28 AM

Just change the colour of Windows Live Messenger

Move to just below the "X" in the contact list window and you'll see a paintbrush icon.  Click on that to change the colour of Messenger

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by John Anderton on 03-14-2010 at 03:54 AM

Looks worth trying out.. :)
* John Anderton downloads

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Streets Monk on 03-15-2010 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brstwind
I had the same problem once but recently I found a kind of program in the messenger plus folder (you know C:/program files...) it´s something like "remove buttons" so you open it and there you go, aniway it should be updated so people doesn´t have to deal with it anymore bcause the skin is rly good

You should give us the link sigh.
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by brstwind on 03-16-2010 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Streets Monk
quote:
Originally posted by brstwind

You should give us the link sigh.

I never said anything bout links just search in the skin folder and open a file called  remove contest button. also there is one to remove the ads.
RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by uracoin on 03-31-2010 at 10:23 PM

this skin is currently the best of choice imo:)

would like to see Phunk'n - Infusco 2.0.2 choise of chat window setup tho.

also, is there a way to change the text colour of others? its hard to read black on black:P

StealthEVO ( New Custom Edit ) by eltselfer on 04-01-2010 at 05:17 PM

This Is A Custom Edit To Stealth Which I Made ... I Call It "StealthEVO"

Screenshot:

[Image: 395338142_04012010_1.png]

Edits

*Sharp Edges Everywhere
*Neon Glow In The Chat Box(es)
*Scroll Bar Adjusted With The Buttons
*Login Boxes Adjusted

All Credit Goes To The Owner Of This Skin ... I Made This Version Just Contributing For A Tryout. Hope You Like It ... Maybe You Might Want Something From This  In The Next Release ( Free To Do W.E You Like)

My email ID: eltselfer@gmail.com

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by djdannyp on 04-01-2010 at 05:40 PM

Have you contacted the original creator of the skin before posting an edited version?

You need the creator's permission to use their work and redistibute it

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by eltselfer on 04-02-2010 at 03:17 PM

i am not distirbuting it ... lol ... this is jus for ppl to try it out.. its nt something  official .. im sure the original creator would like new ideas from other ppl

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by prashker on 04-02-2010 at 03:33 PM

I have to agree with eltselfer, he only modified image files and if anything it gives the end user the option of customization. No where in his zip does it even say the guys name :p.

If anything it's a friendly anonymous contribution, doesn't hurt anybody :p

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Raychul on 04-05-2010 at 02:54 AM

for those of you who have still been wondering about the games button, you can hide it by going here in your computer:
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Stealth

and just double click the registry edit files [:

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by DrZ555 on 04-30-2010 at 09:37 AM

Hey. I just got this skin as wondering if theres anyway to change the font color ? I would like to change all text that is typed to green. I can do it for my own text, but the incoming text is dark blue and i can't see anything, since i like my windows somewhat transparent and my wallpaper is also black.
I tried forcing it with Messenger Plus formatting feature, but it didn't work.
Totally awsome skin but for this 1 problem. :(

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by iBAL on 05-03-2010 at 02:43 AM

I downloaded and it look VERY f... NICE!! Thanks!

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Pink Ferg on 05-09-2010 at 04:49 AM

ok this is really stupid but ive forgotten how to make the chat boxes rainbow!! does anyone know how to? and maybe if u can  picture to show me. word will be fine if u cant show a pic :P

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Dzai on 05-30-2010 at 09:01 PM

I accidentally chose to hide the option panel button, how can I now access option panel again to put it back and change some other stuff, when I have no button?

RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by blessedguy on 05-30-2010 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dzai
I accidentally chose to hide the option panel button, how can I now access option panel again to put it back and change some other stuff, when I have no button?
Press the Plus! button [alt key then press the Plus! menu in the menubar is you can't see it] > Preferences > Customize > Skins > Choose Skins and Select "Skin options"
RE: RE: [Release] Stealth - Pure darkness. by Dzai on 05-30-2010 at 09:17 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzai
Press the Plus! button [alt key then press the Plus! menu in the menubar is you can't see it] > Preferences > Customize > Skins > Choose Skins and Select "Skin options"

thank you very much, I had no idea how to do that :D

btw, the skin is pure awesomeness!