Shoutbox

list not available - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: list not available (/showthread.php?tid=90155)

list not available by Discrate on 04-14-2009 at 09:48 AM

when i try to sign into wlm it says contact list not available try again later, it has been like this for 3 hours. any else got the same problem? or anyone got an idea of how to fix it.

RE: list not available by Sunshine on 04-14-2009 at 10:02 AM

Deleting the following contact cache folder should work:

First exit Messenger completely then delete the contact cache (folder) corresponding with your passport in the following folder (make sure hidden files/folders are shown):

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

WinXP: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Next when you start messenger signing in will take a while as it has to get the contacts from the server, but it will sign in eventually.

RE: RE: list not available by Discrate on 04-14-2009 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Deleting the following contact cache folder should work:

First exit Messenger completely then delete the contact cache (folder) corresponding with your passport in the following folder (make sure hidden files/folders are shown):

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

WinXP: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Next when you start messenger signing in will take a while as it has to get the contacts from the server, but it will sign in eventually.

I am in that folder, in that folder there is two folders with some random letters and numbers and both of those folders are empty and there are no hidden files either.
RE: list not available by Sunshine on 04-14-2009 at 10:37 AM

Well, delete the folder with the number corresponding with your Live ID, or all of them..it doesn't hurt (besides longer sign-in for first time only).

Edit: you're welcome :)

RE: list not available by Discrate on 04-14-2009 at 12:00 PM

ok thankyou :)

RE: list not available by MersauX on 04-14-2009 at 09:53 PM

Another thing that works is that you log in using eBuddy and then try to log in using your WLM. It worked for me several times when I had that problem.